Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

On 10/18/2018 at 9:59 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.

Dareus played well for McD.

The talk in the weeks before Dareus was traded was about how well he was playing and how the seemingly impossible was happening...........McD and Dareus were coexisting and thriving.

....WHEN or IF he wanted to.......my bigger question is the rush to dump Glenn, even though our OL is rock solid........he's started every game for the Bengals and Dalton has been sacked 12 times in 6 games (don't know who was responsible for each)........

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....WHEN or IF he wanted to.......my bigger question is the rush to dump Glenn, even though our OL is rock solid........he's started every game for the Bengals and Dalton has been sacked 12 times in 6 games (don't know who was responsible for each)........

The obvious rejoinder is Glenn was necessary to move up in the draft and give one a better chance at a premium qb. I would have liked to find a price that did not include sacrificing a proven OT, though folks also point out injury issues. When Glenn is healthy, he's very good.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

The obvious rejoinder is Glenn was necessary to move up in the draft and give one a better chance at a premium qb. I would have liked to find a price that did not include sacrificing a proven OT, though folks also point out injury issues. When Glenn is healthy, he's very good.

...agree......and understand the need to move up, but could this be the classic "addition by subtraction", woefully underestimating our OL prowess or LACK THEREOF without Glenn?...is the blind side a "dime a dozen plug-in"?.......must be with the wise 'ol sage Castillo's recommendation I guess......

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree......and understand the need to move up, but could this be the classic "addition by subtraction", woefully underestimating our OL prowess or LACK THEREOF without Glenn?...is the blind side a "dime a dozen plug-in"?.......must be with the wise 'ol sage Castillo's recommendation I guess......

Judgment on the offensive side has not been encouraging. If they got Allen right, that is the most important factor, but I don't see how he develops well if they don't surround him with good players. They need massive upgrades just about everywhere from oline, to wr, to a young rb.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

You believe there was no other way to move up in the draft then trading Glenn?

I don't know if there was another way, but I would have strongly preferred another way.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You believe there was no other way to move up in the draft then trading Glenn?

...of course it is a judgment call that could pay dividends early, eventually OR never...BUT...was this OL so rock solid that his trade to move up was low risk?......hmmmm.......

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

There is a dearth of OL talent around the league. You keep the good ones and get to where you need to go with other resources e.g. trade up with future picks. Glenn is a very good OT and we would have a pair of great bookends which would have made Allen's job much easier. At a minimum he wouldnt get as beaten up as he has. Besides, the run game would flourish further reducing pressure on the passing game. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

If Mercilus does that to Brady, they kick him out of the league . . . 

That non-penalty was really really egregious. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

There is a dearth of OL talent around the league. You keep the good ones and get to where you need to go with other resources e.g. trade up with future picks. Glenn is a very good OT and we would have a pair of great bookends which would have made Allen's job much easier. At a minimum he wouldnt get as beaten up as he has. Besides, the run game would flourish further reducing pressure on the passing game. 

The problem with Glenn is that once he got his pay day, he mailed it in.  In other words, he didn't want to be in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The problem with Glenn is that once he got his pay day, he mailed it in.  In other words, he didn't want to be in Buffalo.

Sorry but there is no evidence of that. Also, even if I assume thats true, isnt it the coach's job to get the best out of his players ? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Sorry but there is no evidence of that. Also, even if I assume thats true, isnt it the coach's job to get the best out of his players ? 

If Glenn wanted to be here, I doubt McD would trade one of the better LT's in the league, even with a big contract.  I got the feeling that Glenn pretty much milked his foot/toe/ankle injuries to the point of frustrating McD, though I don't have proof of that; just a hunch.  If the player doesn't want to be here, he is not going to give 100%; that's human nature and there is nothing that a coach can do about that other than get rid of him.  Same thing happened with Dareus (not wanting to be here).

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I don't think it had anything to do with Castillo.  To McD Glenn was not a process guy so off he went.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't see any evidence of that.  I just think McBeane viewed him as injury prone and Beane knew he could use him as an asset to move up in the draft to get a quarterback.  Especially with the emergence of Dawkins.  At the time he still thought Incognito was going to play this year.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Glenn wanted to be here, I doubt McD would trade one of the better LT's in the league, even with a big contract.  I got the feeling that Glenn pretty much milked his foot/toe/ankle injuries to the point of frustrating McD, though I don't have proof of that; just a hunch.  If the player doesn't want to be here, he is not going to give 100%; that's human nature and there is nothing that a coach can do about that other than get rid of him.  Same thing happened with Dareus (not wanting to be here).

I can see speculation about injury that is based on evidence..............but yours is not.........and utterly ridiculous.

There was never any evidence that Glenn was soft or uncommitted.........he's playing football with one kidney and was very durable prior to the foot injury.

It didn't heal right.....he tried to play thru it......there is no evidence that he drove McD to frustration with the perception he was milking injury.   

NONE.

Kyle Williams had a similar lost season in 2015...........also not an injury milker.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I can see speculation about injury that is based on evidence..............but yours is not.........and utterly ridiculous.

There was never any evidence that Glenn was soft or uncommitted.........he's playing football with one kidney and was very durable prior to the foot injury.

It didn't heal right.....he tried to play thru it......there is no evidence that he drove McD to frustration with the perception he was milking injury.   

NONE.

Kyle Williams had a similar lost season in 2015...........also not an injury milker.

I have no idea why "he didn't want to be here" ALWAYS rears its ugly head whenever a former Bill has success elsewhere 

But it always does