Pregame thread: Wk 6 Bills at Texans, 1 pm on CBS

8 minutes ago, ko12010 said:

Yeah that's a weak argument though. You're spouting feelings not an intelligence argument. Doubt you can put together a coherent reasoning so I'll let you continue your bleating uninterrupted 

If you need to me explain this. Look at the pre draft criticism. Look at the reviews and any rookie qb grades. The guy misses open throws constantly. Misses reads. Can’t stay in the pocket and throw. Wants to run as soon as read 1 is covered. Drops his eyes and looks at the rush. Just has an overall lack of awareness and makes asinine decisions. I mean come on here. We all knew this going in. The kid is super raw. I am not done with him for life but he is NOT ready to play. Allen should have redshirted the entire year. Trading Mccarron was dumb. He should be starting. Now we have Anderson. That’s who needs to start in Indy. Allen is not ready and all he’s doing is learning bad habits and losing trust. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I am struggling to imagine how you watch this game and think Derek Anderson would make a difference

Because our QB is the number one reason our offense is so atrocious. Our OC, a close second. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

3 road games NOT vs Minnesota, they have been outscored 79-3 through 10 quarters...  Literally the worst offense I ever remember seeing on the field for the Bills, this is getting up there with NFL historically bad.  I don’t know who is to blame, but two years in a row under McDermott the offense has gone from bad to “omg, for the love of sweet baby Jesus make it stop!”

It baffles me at some fans on here blames McD for being conservative with the worse QB in the league. Much more likely he threw a pick or fumbled than got us any points. McD is awesome Imo. Playoff bound with a backup QB last year, now has a development rookie who never developed

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You were saying? 

McDermott didn't want to use his TOS. He would've been fine letting the Texans kick a FG there going into half. 

I'm sure he wouldn't have used them if the first play gained positive yards but after that failed he just figured it would be better to just go into the locker room and hopefully fix our offensive issues. We have had the same issue since week 3 of preseason but keep rolling out the same team and expect different results... Our receivers are terrible. Our OLine have at least improved their run blocking.  But we need to make some serious changes this off-season.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Your complaint is that he's standing in the pocket? Waiting for his horrendous WRs to come open?

You're watching with an agenda

Don’t care enough to watch with an agenda. Keep repeating it though maybe it’ll come true. 

Edited by COTC

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was one atrocious half of offensive football from the Bills. I think they need to start going deep and trying to get chunks. No way this offense is going to put together long drives. 

This is the rub. We don't have blockers capable of executing a rush and screen offense, but we definitely don't have receivers capable of executing a downfield passing offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

It baffles me at some fans on here blames McD for being conservative with the worse QB in the league. Much more likely he threw a pick or fumbled than got us any points. McD is awesome Imo. Playoff bound with a backup QB last year, now has a development rookie who never developed

You promised us a big day for Allen.  Maybe you should just stop making predictions.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

LOL.  Was he serious when he said he looks fine?

There is no human on earth, who is not a Bills fan, who thinks Allen is "fine."

I think he is fine. But offense sucks as a whole. A rookie QB can not be expected to carry the load. With no receiving and no blocking makes it very hard to see the real Josh Allen. And we may not see him until next year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, COTC said:

My agenda is to do something fun for the day instead of watching the dumpster fire. 

Are you watching? Allen is just standing there holding onto the ball, he looks like a statue out there. 

He is a liability. He needs to sit and learn, put anderson in Before  the game is out of reach.  

Dude. No one can take you seriously.  Anderson has been on the team for 5 days. And he isn't even dressed for the game. He can't play. Now put down your phone and just watch for a little while.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Your complaint is that he's standing in the pocket? Waiting for his horrendous WRs to come open?

You're watching with an agenda

It's simple. Allen is too quick to leave the pocket, and also he is standing in the pocket too long. He should exist in and outside the pocket simultaneously if he wants to be a franchise QB.

• Haha (+1) 1