Patrick Peterson available; has now requested a trade

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'd offer a 2 or a 3&4 and see if that gets it done.

Would fill a huge need next offseason and allow the team to focus solely on their front 4 when it comes to defensive additions 

This. 

Mid also like to point out the Phillips pickup. Now you have kyles replacement at DT after he retires. Not a huge move on paper but allows us to look elsewhere in FA and the draft next year. I expect there to be a few more moves like this going forward. 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:28 AM, thebandit27 said:

Yolo my man! All is well indeed--Mrs. Bandit is due with kid #3 (daughter #1) any day now, so I've been furiously preparing for that...hence my limited time here

Congratulations!  God bless you and your family.

Now-on the Peterson front. If we could get him signed for 4yrs, then I'd make the deal. This defense would be Top 5  for the foreseeable future.  We can focus the draft on OL. WR and the eventual replacement for Shady. Murphy and Hughes replacements in FA and 2020.

Edited by BillsRdue

This is a trade I would undoubtedly make. Like has already been mention Peterson, White, Hyde, and Poyer would be the best Secondary in the NFL. We would also have Peterson under contract until 2021 when he hits FA. I would offer a 2nd or package a couple of picks, one from 2019 and 2020. 

PP would be a huge get but at what price? I think it depends on what happens today and next week. If we can win 1 or both of these games going into playing NE on Monday night @ home just before the trade deadline maybe Beane looks to get the team over the top with a trade? But that’s a big challenge for a team that has lost 3 of there 5 games by more than 2 touchdowns. Although last week was very encouraging even though it was a ugly offensive effort. Just win baby!!!

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Giddy up! 

Obviously we need help on the offensive side of the ball, but you add elite talent whenever you can, because it's not easy to do. 

Right, and I’m sure the Cardinals will just give Peterson away...

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yolo my man!

All is well indeed--Mrs. Bandit is due with kid #3 (daughter #1) any day now, so I've been furiously preparing for that...hence my limited time here

congratulations! and if your daughter turns out anything like mine...you have my condolences.

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly, there are now onlytwo  formulas for winning the SB.  1 is have a HOF quarterback. 2 is have a good QB on his rookie deal and a stud team around him. 

I know we need tons of O help but, we can afford both spending on O and D.  And with Allen not looking as good as we've hoped, that D will have to be best in the league.  

We shoulda traded for Mack but Peterson is good too

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So two more years under contract?  That's the real issue that needs to be analyzed.  In today's NFL, not at all unreasonable to think they could fix the OL/WR situation and have a solid offense in two years to go with a top-tier D (and just as Belichick/Brady are exiting).   I agree with the idea that a package of picks fronted by a 2d for a guy like Peterson makes a ton of sense.  But there are probably no shortage of teams willing to do that so people shouldn't get their hopes up.

I don't see a reason to trade for him. The defense is already good. We already have a really good corner. Having another would be really cool, but how can we justify expending assets on the defense when the offense is so terribly talent deficient.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I don't see a reason to trade for him. The defense is already good. We already have a really good corner. Having another would be really cool, but how can we justify expending assets on the defense when the offense is so terribly talent deficient.

It would be ridiculous. Every draft pick is valuable at this point bc it can be used to trade up and get an offensive player in the draft. 

We have hands down the worst offense in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It would be ridiculous. Every draft pick is valuable at this point bc it can be used to trade up and get an offensive player in the draft. 

We have hands down the worst offense in the NFL. 

I agree. I'm not naive enough to believe that we have to expend ALL draft picks and cap space on the offense between now and next season. There are going to be defensive players who leave / retire in the off-season that need to be replaced. There may be a couple guys they target to upgrade as well. But the focus needs to be largely on the offense.

It better be...