Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Patrick Peterson available; has now requested a trade

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Trade shady to Philly get a 2nd and 3rd. Trade those picks to Arizona for Peterson. Get it done McBean. 

That would be a McClappy kind of move.  Make an already bad offense even worse.  Solid plan!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Giddy up! 

Obviously we need help on the offensive side of the ball, but you add elite talent whenever you can, because it's not easy to do. 

Right, and I’m sure the Cardinals will just give Peterson away...

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yolo my man!

All is well indeed--Mrs. Bandit is due with kid #3 (daughter #1) any day now, so I've been furiously preparing for that...hence my limited time here

congratulations! and if your daughter turns out anything like mine...you have my condolences.

• Haha 1

Honestly, there are now onlytwo  formulas for winning the SB.  1 is have a HOF quarterback. 2 is have a good QB on his rookie deal and a stud team around him. 

I know we need tons of O help but, we can afford both spending on O and D.  And with Allen not looking as good as we've hoped, that D will have to be best in the league.  

We shoulda traded for Mack but Peterson is good too

i mean he's probably better than one of our wr's right? he knows how to cover wr's so well he should play better than some. i say go for it

I bet he could play CB and WR like Prime Time.

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So two more years under contract?  That's the real issue that needs to be analyzed.  In today's NFL, not at all unreasonable to think they could fix the OL/WR situation and have a solid offense in two years to go with a top-tier D (and just as Belichick/Brady are exiting).   I agree with the idea that a package of picks fronted by a 2d for a guy like Peterson makes a ton of sense.  But there are probably no shortage of teams willing to do that so people shouldn't get their hopes up.

We need all resources expended on the Oline and WR, not a corner. 

All resources includes day 2 picks. 

I don't see a reason to trade for him. The defense is already good. We already have a really good corner. Having another would be really cool, but how can we justify expending assets on the defense when the offense is so terribly talent deficient.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I don't see a reason to trade for him. The defense is already good. We already have a really good corner. Having another would be really cool, but how can we justify expending assets on the defense when the offense is so terribly talent deficient.

It would be ridiculous. Every draft pick is valuable at this point bc it can be used to trade up and get an offensive player in the draft. 

We have hands down the worst offense in the NFL. 

They aren’t trading him for less than a 1st.  Dude is a stud.  They are just putting feelers out there and maybe they will get blown away by a deal.

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It would be ridiculous. Every draft pick is valuable at this point bc it can be used to trade up and get an offensive player in the draft. 

We have hands down the worst offense in the NFL. 

I agree. I'm not naive enough to believe that we have to expend ALL draft picks and cap space on the offense between now and next season. There are going to be defensive players who leave / retire in the off-season that need to be replaced. There may be a couple guys they target to upgrade as well. But the focus needs to be largely on the offense.

It better be...

Trade Shady and trade for Peterson!

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Trade shady to Philly get a 2nd and 3rd. Trade those picks to Arizona for Peterson. Get it done McBean. 

You're high.  No team is giving up more than a 4th or 5th for McCoy

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They aren’t trading him for less than a 1st.  Dude is a stud.  They are just putting feelers out there and maybe they will get blown away by a deal.

Honest question, who was the last non-QB before Mack traded for a first?

Edited by BringBackOrton

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Honest question, who was the last non-QB before Mack traded for a first?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000957785/biggest-defensive-trades-in-recent-nfl-history

hell, Jaime Collins was traded for a 3rd.  You don’t trade an elite cb/ pr in their prime for anything less.  That said, the Bills should offer a conditional 7th and Kelvin Benjamin and see if the Cards hit the wrong button and accidentally accept it.

Next year's second and a fifth in 2020. JMO. I know we have other needs but if a guy like that is on the block you at least have to make a call. 

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Something like that would make a lot of sense.

Move an aging asset that is not going to be a part of future Bills success in exchange for one that will.

For this reason, I don't expect the Bills to do this.

If we could somehow land him, we'd have an amazing secondary for several years. Wonder if a player and 2nd round pick could get it done?Clay? KB? Both? 

Just do it!

This team is barely better than the Cards. How long before he'd ask for a trade out of Buffalo?

This guy is going Superbowl hunting. I see the Saints, Chiefs and maybe the Pats as options here. 

Why would getting a DB inspire us?   The defense isn't the major problem here.  I'm not giving up future draft assets to get a DB, no matter how good he is.

And if Peterson is displeased with the state of the Cardinals franchise, why would he want to come here with a good attitude?  If you poll every single person associated with the NFL (who is not already in WNY)about the worst place to be traded to right now... I bet Buffalo is #1.