7 trade targets for the Bills

13 hours ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

A lot of people expect the Bills to be sellers at the trade deadline. That may be the case, but the Bills should also have an open mind about adding talent at the deadline. I listed seven potential targets in my article and gave reasons why the players may be available. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the seven players listed, as well as any players you'd like to see the team add.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/bdc68833327434/nfl-trade-rumors-7-players-buf.html#incart_most-readsports

Dont like ANY of those WRs. 

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do people really not understand that a contending team doesn't trade a key starter to get another starter at a different position?

They trade a future asset to get better and win now.

It's not that complicated.

Happens in all sports.

We are contending also, contrary to what people believe about us rebuilding. They reached out to the Bills, not the other way around. They want Shady, then they will have to sacrifice to get him if they really want him so bad.

8 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

We are contending also, contrary to what people believe about us rebuilding. They reached out to the Bills, not the other way around. They want Shady, then they will have to sacrifice to get him if they really want him so bad.

Super Bowl contention?   You really think that?

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Super Bowl contention?   You really think that?

C'mon dude, you replied like 12 hrs later to make yourself look good Foh. We had a chance before Allen went down. Yes I still think that until we are officially out of contention.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, Clyde Smith said:

C'mon dude, you replied like 12 hrs later to make yourself look good Foh. We had a chance before Allen went down. Yes I still think that until we are officially out of contention.

We weren't Super Bowl contenders before or after that game.      

On 10/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bills spend the next 10 months trying to build the league's most dominant defense with all of their cap and draft capital.

They've kinda' !@#$ed themselves royally on offense with dumb decisions since McDermott got hired.

And they have shown zero ability to unearth any talent on that side of the ball.

But like the droughty Bills under defensive watch of Wade and Greggo and LeBeau and Pettine and Schwartz they've seemingly succeeded to some extent in picking that low hanging defensive fruit and might have to live off of that and use Allen as a battering ram for a couple more seasons than planned. 

McDermott is to offense as Coach Gailey is to defense.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

McDermott is to offense as Coach Gailey is to defense.

Exactly.

But McD is very Jauron-ian and that's why Gailey was hired.

Pegula's next hire will definitely be a reaction to what McD didn't do.

That part is normal........it's what teams do.........but the difference between the Bills and other teams is that the Bills consistently hire guys who aren't capable enough to understand how to build both sides of the ball.  

The Bills are like a head coaching fantasy camp for career coordinators.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

It's already been two full offseasons.

Part of the sales pitch with McD was that he was a personnel expert.........and he basically discounted the scouting of the staff he inherited and made his moves based on his own eyes and those of a few questionably qualified people that he hired. (Phil McGeoghan in particular)

This is HIS team........Beane gets blamed for the Watkins/Darby/Benjamin/Dareus lopsided trades but he was just doing the bidding of McD...........those kinda' moves were not something McD had time to cultivate.    He also did not want Mahomes and then made Doug Whaley........who DID want Mahomes.........work out the trade details with Dorsey.?

I like a lot of things McD brings to the table.........discipline and defense.......... but he took over a team that had just had it's best offensive production in TWENTY FIVE YEARS........since mid-SB era.........and has made one choice after the next to totally destroy both the personnel and the scheme with his bad decisions on that side of the ball.

This is my issue as well. Not only this but they allowed him a nepotism hire in Beane which means he will remain unchecked in personnel.

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sell!  Sell!  Sell!  Cya KB and Shady

What if you're offered a first for Hughes?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

This is my issue as well. Not only this but they allowed him a nepotism hire in Beane which means he will remain unchecked in personnel.

The nepotism hire to hate on is Teflon Juan Castillo. Our OL hasn't been the same since...

Who hires an OL coach before the OC?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The nepotism hire to hate on is Teflon Juan Castillo. Our OL hasn't been the same since...

Who hires an OL coach before the OC?

At least Castillo has been a career OL coach. Beane knows nothing about personnel. He's never picked players. He's never been in charge or had final say. Everything Beane does is on the job training.