7 trade targets for the Bills

Just now, CuddyDark said:

He didn't make any decisions. That was the year they skipped over Beane and hired Gettleman.

Except for signing Mario Addison off of another team's PS and signing Graham Gano, who is still their Kicker.

Why do you feel the need to use absolutes when they invalidate your statements?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Except for signing Mario Addison off of another team's PS and signing Graham Gano, who is still their Kicker.

Why do you feel the need to use absolutes when they invalidate your statements?

LMAO. He drafted players? He put together an offseason? A draft Board? He was GM for 3 months. The team skipped over him and hired Gettleman.

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

LMAO. He drafted players? He put together an offseason? A draft Board? He was GM for 3 months. The team skipped over him and hired Gettleman.

Not what you said. First you said

52 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He's never been in charge or had final say.

except he did, in 2012. Then you said

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He didn't make any decisions.

Except he did. He signed 2 players that are still Panthers to this day.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not what you said. First you said

except he did, in 2012. Then you said

Except he did. He signed 2 players that are still Panthers to this day.

Right, but you are minimizing my context to make a side argument that he was Interim GM for 3 months.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm not minimizing anything. It just tends to help if you are accurate with statements.

I'm accurate. Beane's first draft and offseason as GM was with the Bills. He is a nepotism hire doing on the job training as GM. The Panthers skipped over him twice and hired other GMs. Only reason he's here is because McDermott wants him here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Aren't there rumors that Chuckie doesn't like Carr and is willing to offload him?  I'm not a fan of Carr but why not trade for him if he can be at least an average QB in our lineup.    Peterman and a 3rd for Carr ?

I don't want Carr with his bloated contact.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

This is my issue as well. Not only this but they allowed him a nepotism hire in Beane which means he will remain unchecked in personnel.

What if you're offered a first for Hughes?

tough one.  Jerry is a beast.  But I would have to say yes.  More high picks, more cap space, and younger.  Sell Sell!  White, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, Harrison, Edmunds, Taron and Dawkins are my core.  Make an offer on everyone else- stockpile picks!

On 10/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I don't see Beane giving up any draft picks at all unless he finds someone he and McD want to keep around next 3-5 years.  

like Kelvin Benjamin, EJ Gaines, and Jordan Mathews??? lmao

why can't fans admit Beane is terrible at trades and has no idea what he is looking for. 

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

I'm accurate. Beane's first draft and offseason as GM was with the Bills. He is a nepotism hire doing on the job training as GM. The Panthers skipped over him twice and hired other GMs. Only reason he's here is because McDermott wants him here.

You keep throwing around the word "nepotism" when the NFL is a gigantic revolving door of the same coaches and executives that bounce all over the league because of who they know. New coaches/GMs are going to hire guys they're familiar with or have worked with before. 

How well did it work out for Whaley and Marrone or Whaley and Ryan? Whaley had zero prior history with either coach and there was friction from the start. I'd rather hire guys I'm familiar with too so we can all hit the ground running.

And everyone saying the Bills should still be selling must have missed the news that leaked out last week which said the organization is done trimming the roster. They are now looking to add players. Of course that doesn't mean they're going to hang onto guys who aren't performing up to par (KB) but the idea of trading Shady, Hughes, etc. Unless they were to get some insane offer, both those dudes are firmly in their plans going into the future. Hughes is an impact player on defense, coaches love the way he practices and McDermott wants Hughes around so younger players can see and study his work habits. Same goes for McCoy. His teammates gave him the C this year, what kind of jacked up message do you think it'd send if they trade a captain in the middle of the season for a couple of picks? It would have that locker room losing trust in their coaches and the process pretty quick to see a team leader and a well-respected teammate and captain shipped off in the middle of the season. A move like that goes against the core values they're trying to instill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I don't see Beane giving up any draft picks at all unless he finds someone he and McD want to keep around next 3-5 years.  

Absolutely give up a 2 for Amari Cooper- super productive and going into his prime. Amari, Zay, and draft a WR doesnt seem to bad to me.