7 trade targets for the Bills

A lot of people expect the Bills to be sellers at the trade deadline. That may be the case, but the Bills should also have an open mind about adding talent at the deadline. I listed seven potential targets in my article and gave reasons why the players may be available. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the seven players listed, as well as any players you'd like to see the team add.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/bdc68833327434/nfl-trade-rumors-7-players-buf.html#incart_most-readsports

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

A lot of people expect the Bills to be sellers at the trade deadline. That may be the case, but the Bills should also have an open mind about adding talent at the deadline. I listed seven potential targets in my article and gave reasons why the players may be available. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the seven players listed, as well as any players you'd like to see the team add.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/bdc68833327434/nfl-trade-rumors-7-players-buf.html#incart_most-readsports

The next three games hold the key obviously.  If they are 4-4 no worse than after MNF, they should buy instead of selling IMO. 

14 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

Thomas would be alright but I don't think that Denver and Buffalo will come together on a price if interested.  I really would not want to give more than a 5th for him but that is probably not enough.  Maybe a 5th and a conditional pick.

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would be ecstatic with any of those WRs. I will also add I would consider 

-A. Cooper

-M. Sanu 

-A. Hurns

I like the idea of Buffalo at least calling about those wide receivers. All three are on struggling teams so it may be possible.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Thomas would be alright but I don't think that Denver and Buffalo will come together on a price if interested.  I really would not want to give more than a 5th for him but that is probably not enough.  Maybe a 5th and a conditional pick.

I could see Denver firing Vance Joseph in the next 2-3 weeks. At that point, I think a lot of their players would be available. It will be interesting to see what their asking price is if he's put on the trade block.

9 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I could see Denver firing Vance Joseph in the next 2-3 weeks. At that point, I think a lot of their players would be available. It will be interesting to see what their asking price is if he's put on the trade block.

Except the trade deadline is in 2 weeks

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I'd easily give up a 2nd for Amari Cooper, I don't think a 3rd would get it done. Sign him right away.

Except the Raiders just gave up a 3rd for Martavius Bryant.  I don't think Chuckie would be amenable to trading away WRs

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The next three games hold the key obviously.  If they are 4-4 no worse than after MNF, they should buy instead of selling IMO. 

I don’t think it needs to be either/or but should be geared at shedding older or expiring guys and acquisitions that can be here longer term. 

Ginn, for instance, I think is silly as a target regardless of record as we aren’t real contenders. But a young guy can be a target regardless of record too (say Cooper)

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd call up Howie Roseman, I'd say: You guys want Shady? Well we want Amari Cooper. You work out the compensation with Oakland and we'll give you Shady.

3 way trade, we give up no picks.

I wish we saw more three team trades in the NFL.

38 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Except the Raiders just gave up a 3rd for Martavius Bryant.  I don't think Chuckie would be amenable to trading away WRs

I should have been more specific. I could see the Broncos firing Joseph after their game on the 28th considering their three games before the deadline include matchups with the Rams, Cardinals and Chiefs. If that happens, the Broncos may sell off pieces on the eve or day of the trade deadline.

7 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I wish we saw more three team trades in the NFL.

Well, Philly may have a player Oakland wants which could make the price tag more feasible for Roseman.

I'd go nuts if Cooper was in Buffalo, immediately sign him to 5ys 55 million, someone Allen can grow with. Shady goes back home.

Thanks Ryan Talbot.

Bills could really use some WR help.  If they couldn't swing a trade for a vet, maybe they could poach some young guys from practice squads.

Maybe WRs Tanner Gentry from the Bears and/or Steven Mitchell from the Rams?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I know there would be audible groans if we kept adding to our defense, but Conley and Reddick scream no-brainer to me.  Would love to trade a couple mid/late round picks for them. 

Agree with you there.  Those are building block, young, athletic type of players.  

The WRs mentioned?  I don't know.  I like Tate, he's a dog.  Could give the O some grit.  

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I don't see Beane giving up any draft picks at all unless he finds someone he and McD want to keep around next 3-5 years.  

If you look at the last draft, I’m curious to see what they can do next spring. Unless you see something really tantalizing, keep those picks and work some magic! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Chuckie has no rhyme or reason.  I think Cooper is not out of the realm because Carr isn't improving, Cooper hasn't taken the next step, and I think the Raiders are looking at a long rebuild.   Chuckie can save face by saying he needs to get his guys. But as we know that takes more picks and money (not tied up in too many long term contracts).

Chuckie traded Mack then talks about how hard it is to rush the passer when the Raiders can't get to opposing QBs.  So, anything is possible.  Beane should be checking in.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If you look at the last draft, I’m curious to see what they can do next spring. Unless you see something really tantalizing, keep those picks and work some magic! 

Don't disagree in principal, but there is something to be said about "drafting" through trade, young, undervalued talent that fits the system/culture in a new organization.

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I know there would be audible groans if we kept adding to our defense, but Conley and Reddick scream no-brainer to me.  Would love to trade a couple mid/late round picks for them. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bills spend the next 10 months trying to build the league's most dominant defense with all of their cap and draft capital.

They've kinda' !@#$ed themselves royally on offense with dumb decisions since McDermott got hired.

And they have shown zero ability to unearth any talent on that side of the ball.

But like the droughty Bills under defensive watch of Wade and Greggo and LeBeau and Pettine and Schwartz they've seemingly succeeded to some extent in picking that low hanging defensive fruit and might have to live off of that and use Allen as a battering ram for a couple more seasons than planned. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bills spend the next 10 months trying to build the league's most dominant defense with all of their cap and draft capital.

They've kinda' !@#$ed themselves royally on offense with dumb decisions since McDermott got hired.

And they have shown zero ability to unearth any talent on that side of the ball.

But like the droughty Bills under defensive watch of Wade and Greggo and LeBeau and Pettine and Schwartz they've seemingly succeeded to some extent in picking that low hanging defensive fruit and might have to live off of that and use Allen as a battering ram for a couple more seasons than planned. 

I think we can give them more than one full offseason to make assumptions about their ability on offense, no?