My 2019 Cap Targets

RPbillsfan

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

People are going to be in for a rude awakening next offseason.. Beane isn’t going to throw stupid money at free agents.  Especially not at WR with such a poor group of free agents 

I think there are much better receivers available then what the Bills have on their current roster.  As you may or may not remember you have to meet a minimum cap number so money does have to be spent.

19 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Rams probably can't afford Saffold and he would be an excellent fit at G.  Love to see Teller and Botteger play to see what we got, think We could live with Mills as swing tackle if we draft a OT high.

If we sign Williams and Tate and play Zay in the slot and add two more WR in the draft I'd be thrilled.

I'd also keep McCoy and draft a young RB draft a quality TE to replace Clay

Yeah Saffold has really turned into an excellent G, he'd upgrade this OL. I don't like both Tate and Williams considering neither is a #1 WR, I like Williams as our WR 2, Jones in the slot and a rookie WR as our #1 since I don't think there is a true #1 Wr in FA either.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

People are going to be in for a rude awakening next offseason.. Beane isn’t going to throw stupid money at free agents.  Especially not at WR with such a poor group of free agents 

I agree with this, and I would doubt we see any of those guys the OP mentioned. I don’t hate the list I just don’t think they’ll be targets. 

Let’s not forget it is October right? 

How many injuries from now until end of season (possibly deal breakers for the players mentioned) and there will be a ton more cap casualties when the season ends. 

The upcoming free agent class looks pretty sad overall and weak, but once cuts are done for teams already to the cap I expect a lot more talent to jump into that free agent pool. 

I can never get too amped up over this stuff so early in the season. 

20 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Chargers drafted Mike Williams because they weren't sure about how Keenan Allen would come back from his knee injury.  Now they have an excess of talent at the position.  Funchess is a possession guy and can flex as a move TE into a two wide, double tight, single back formation.

I see jags when I see them play.  For the money they’re going to want to leave their pro bowl QBs to join josh allen, I’d pass.  Get 2 WRs in the draft and 1 solid WR with real speed, not fats for a 6’4 guy speed.  Jmo

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

I would let Benjamin, Groy and Miller leave, would sign Tyrell Williams of Chargers, huge speedy WR that has had 1000 yard season, and Golden Tate and Devon Funchess, would add Andy Levitre and Jared Veldheer.

Then dependent on draft position would add CB, OLB, WR, G, OT, RB, TE and depth

Your thoughts

While I appreciate people giving their thoughts.........this just serves to illustrate how bad the market looks.

And that's BEFORE some of those guys get re-signed.

The best options for the Bills in free agency will probably be some dudes who don't emerge as players until late this season.

Guys who play well but their current team either questions whether they can do it again(see Micah Hyde) or already have a stud at that position and can't justify paying them.

So basically........keep an eye on injury fill-ins in November. 

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I agree with this, and I would doubt we see any of those guys the OP mentioned. I don’t hate the list I just don’t think they’ll be targets. 

Let’s not forget it is October right? 

How many injuries from now until end of season (possibly deal breakers for the players mentioned) and there will be a ton more cap casualties when the season ends. 

The upcoming free agent class looks pretty sad overall and weak, but once cuts are done for teams already to the cap I expect a lot more talent to jump into that free agent pool. 

I can never get too amped up over this stuff so early in the season. 

With 7 picks in the first 5 rounds next year and 10 picks overall, plus $70m in cap space , the Bills will be just fine adding 10+ quality players for next year.  Trust the Process. 

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

With 7 picks in the first 5 rounds next year and 10 picks overall, plus $70m in cap space , the Bills will be just fine adding 10+ quality players for next year.  Trust the Process. 

Oh I have zero doubt they’re going to add some talent to the roster, it’s just a little early to speculate on the talent available for me.