My 2019 Cap Targets

RPbillsfan

I would let Benjamin, Groy and Miller leave, would sign Tyrell Williams of Chargers, huge speedy WR that has had 1000 yard season, and Golden Tate and Devon Funchess, would add Andy Levitre and Jared Veldheer.

Then dependent on draft position would add CB, OLB, WR, G, OT, RB, TE and depth

Your thoughts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

You are aware that funchess is KB with a different last name right?

Younger, no injury history and red zone threat, Tate brings shiftiness and experience, Williams deep outside threat, Jones in slot, then add another in the draft.  Both OL would add experience giving time for rookies to develop

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Younger, no injury history and red zone threat oh and he's slow and sucks too, Tate brings shiftiness and experience, Williams deep outside threat, Jones in slot, then add another in the draft.  Both OL would add experience giving time for rookies to develop

Fixed it for you ??

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Different first name too  

Well played. I was going for slow can't get it open horror show with differing names myself 

6 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Fixed it for you ??

Well played. I was going for slow can't get it open horror show with differing names myself 

If you extrapolate his 4 game statistics over a 16 game schedule he would have 72 receptions for 952 yards and 4 TD's.

Do you have a problem with those stats?

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

If you extrapolate his 4 game statistics over a 16 game schedule he would have 72 receptions for 952 yards and 4 TD's.

Do you have a problem with those stats?

I would want better, considering he is there #1?

Really hate posters with limited NFL knowledge making responses to posts that actually help the time by offering sarcastic commentary.  Do me a favor, don't respond, and go drink yourself into a life ending coma.

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

Sorry, he would be a complimentary 2nd with Tyrell Williams being the number 1

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Really hate posters with limited NFL knowledge making responses to posts that actually help the time by offering sarcastic commentary.  Do me a favor, don't respond, and go drink yourself into a life ending coma.

Wow, awesome. You have low expectations....

OK. I would want better.. Tyrell Williams doesn't seem to be a #1.. I do like him over D Funchess

Edited by snamsnoops

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

Next year Tate is 31, Levitre 33, and Veldheer is 32. Not gonna happen.

Want experience in the offensive line as the rookies they draft can learn before they are forced to play in front of a young QB

5 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Wow, awesome. You have low expectations....

OK. I would want better.. Tyrell Williams doesn't seem to be a #1.. I do like him over D Funchess

I live now in San Diego and see Charger games each week, and I have NFL Sunday ticket.  Williams is a beast, tall at 6'4", big at 215, fast sub 4.5 and can leap.  Had over 1000 yards two years ago when Keenan Allen got hurt, got 800 yards last year, 1st round pick Mike Williams and he are sharing 2nd receiver duties this year.

Want experience in the offensive line as the rookies they draft can learn before they are forced to play in front of a young QB

Well, rookie OL typically don't need mentors. Spending big money on 32+ yr old linemen probably isn't that smart.  A guy like Daryl Williams is a much better target.

When theorycrafting next year's FA targets, ask yourself "How will this player help the team in 2020, 2021, and 2022?" If they don't, they are probably not a realistic target.

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

Well, rookie OL typically don't need mentors. Spending big money on 32+ yr old linemen probably isn't that smart.  A guy like Daryl Williams is a much better target.

When theorycrafting next year's FA targets, ask yourself "How will this player help the team in 2020, 2021, and 2022?" If they don't, they are probably not a realistic target.

Point taken, looking at rookies starting in 2nd year, just we need to use the cap space to make immediate improvements and yes, pay bigger money up front for quality o linemen then less on back end of the contracts to soften cap hit 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I would let Benjamin, Groy and Miller leave, would sign Tyrell Williams of Chargers, huge speedy WR that has had 1000 yard season, and Golden Tate and Devon Funchess, would add Andy Levitre and Jared Veldheer.

Then dependent on draft position would add CB, OLB, WR, G, OT, RB, TE and depth

Your thoughts

I like WR Tyrell Williams, he'd be a good get but Tate/Funchess not so much, if I were going after a slot WR I'd go after John Brown (BAL), Zay Jones is most likely our WR2 and a drafted rookie WR as a WR1 imo. I like Levitre but he'll be 33 next season and Jared Veldheer has been on a decline since he left OAK? Forgot his 1st team. I'd like Saffold (31) or Quinton Spain who took over for Levitre, he's only 28, perhaps RFA B.J. Finney of Pittsburgh and we also need a capable C since I don't think we have one, Matt Paradis of Denver is a solid choice, very underrated imo.

• Like (+1) 2

I do think you are correct about Tyrell Williams being on their radar. A guy I like is John Brown in Baltimore, another speedster that stretches the field. However his current 1,300 yard pace might drive his price up too much.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I like WR Tyrell Williams, he'd be a good get but Tate/Funchess not so much, if I were going after a slot WR I'd go after John Brown (BAL), Zay Jones is most likely our WR2 and a drafted rookie WR as a WR1 imo. I like Levitre but he'll be 33 next season and Jared Veldheer has been on a decline since he left OAK? Forgot his 1st team. I'd like Saffold (31) or Quinton Spain who took over for Levitre, he's only 28, perhaps RFA B.J. Finney of Pittsburgh and we also need a capable C since I don't think we have one, Matt Paradis of Denver is a solid choice, very underrated imo.

Rams probably can't afford Saffold and he would be an excellent fit at G.  Love to see Teller and Botteger play to see what we got, think We could live with Mills as swing tackle if we draft a OT high.

If we sign Williams and Tate and play Zay in the slot and add two more WR in the draft I'd be thrilled.

I'd also keep McCoy and draft a young RB draft a quality TE to replace Clay

Devin funchess?????  **** no!!!  

39 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Funchess isn’t very good.  The chargers drafted mike Williams when they already had tyrell.  Says a lot abiut him.  He’s a solid guy, but for him to come to play with us, he’s going to cost way more than he’s worth. 

Williams had 1000 yards with Phillip Rivers as his QB and he was the #1 WR with Allen out....:.steveie Johnson had back to back 1000 yard seasons with fitz.  How good was he?  Stats can be misleading

Edited by NewEra

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Devin funchess?????  **** no!!!  

Funchess isn’t very good.  The chargers drafted mike Williams when they already had tyrell.  Says a lot abiut him.  He’s a solid guy, but for him to come to play with us, he’s going to cost way more than he’s worth. 

Chargers drafted Mike Williams because they weren't sure about how Keenan Allen would come back from his knee injury.  Now they have an excess of talent at the position.  Funchess is a possession guy and can flex as a move TE into a two wide, double tight, single back formation.