TBD Congressional Approval Rating

TBD Congressional Approval Ratings  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job congress is doing (as a whole)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you approve of the job of the minority leadership (Pelosi, Schumer, and the gang)?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you approve of the job of the majority leadership (McConnell, Ryan, and the gang)?

• Yes
    • No

I am curious, especially directly before the mid-terms, and after a hard fought battle on Kavanaugh, what TBDers think of congress.

I don't want to skew the poll, but personally I see a clown show on all sides (wish there were more than 2).

So, if 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', then what's the opposite 'pro'gress?

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, bdutton said:

This pool is too generic IMO.  I would rather vote neutral on the Republican leadership because they initially mishandled the Kavanaugh hearings IMO.  Only reason I voted approve is because they got him approved.

I didn't want to dilute the pool with our small sample size.

So I forced a binary decision. For example, I wanted Kav confirmed, but do not approve in general, so I chose no across the board. I think everyone mishandled the Kav situation.

The current 14ish% approval (though just 7 voters so far) on here is pretty much in line with national ratings, if not a little generous to congress.

When the Republicans hold the House, Senate, and White House they spend like Democrats.  When Democrats are out of power they throw tantrums

I do give Senate Republicans some credit for confirming a large number of Constitutionalist judges to the Federal Judiciary

35 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

When the Republicans hold the House, Senate, and White House they spend like Democrats.  When Democrats are out of power they throw tantrums

I do give Senate Republicans some credit for confirming a large number of Constitutionalist judges to the Federal Judiciary

If those judges repeal the 3rd, 17th and 19th amendments I'll be happy as hell with the GOP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Show

The Man Show was an American comedy television show on Comedy Central that aired from 1999 to 2004. It was created in 1999 by its two original co-hosts, Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel and their executive producer Daniel Kellison.

The Man Show simultaneously celebrated and lampooned the stereotypical loutish male perspective in a sexually charged, humorous light. The show consisted of a variety of pre-recorded comedy sketches and live in-studio events, usually requiring audience participation.

The Man Show is particularly well known for its buxom female models, the Juggy Dance Squad, who would dance in themed, revealing costumes at the opening of every show, and in the aisles of the audience just before The Man Show went to commercial break and end the shows with the "Girls on Trampolines" segment.

The first year of The Man Show featured beer-guzzling entertainer Bill 'The Fox' Foster as the show's emcee. Foster specialized in chugging two beers in record time (sometimes while suspended upside down) and singing lewd drinking songs. He would close every episode by leading the audience in the German drinking toast Zicke, Zacke, Zicke, Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!, a tradition that continued after his death from prostate cancer in 2000.[2][3]

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

They all get a failing grade. All of them.

The Parties Versus the People: How to Turn Republicans and Democrats into Americans https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300198213/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_h71WBbNN438FJ

Yeah they bait us into spending so much time fighting between Democrat and Republican, Black or White, etc...

When the real struggle is the people versus the ruling class in Washington. ALL of them.

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

About a dozen hot & hunky Marines staying with you.

We'll if that happens, it would be without my permission which would be a violation of the 3rd anyway.  I guess it would be the same thing.  Doesn't the 3rd state permission is required from the owner?

Read it again...last sentence.  Carry on

Edited by Chimp

29 minutes ago, Chimp said:

We'll if that happens, it would be without my permission which would be a violation of the 3rd anyway.  I guess it would be the same thing.  Doesn't the 3rd state permission is required from the owner?

Read it again...last sentence.  Carry on

Different strokes for different folks.  ??