Who has a pet buried in the backyard?

mead107

2 cats and our beloved Coonhound, under a Mulberry bush.

After he was put to sleep the vet asked if we were going to bury him in our back yard. I reminded him it was against a city ordinance. He just put his hand on my shoulder and said, "eh, do it at night.". 

2 days later we received a sympathy card from his office, signed by everyone who works there. 

My dog Bear is buried in the front yard, he was about an 18 pound Pomeranian. His brother from another mother Finn will be near him hopefully in the very distant future. His resting place is under a tree had to fight the roots buryiing him but yard is only three quarters an acre was just the best place for him.

At least one of my daughter's guinea pigs were buried in backyard.  We bought her a guinea pig for birthday and not too long after my wife wakes me up - there are mice in guinea pig pen.  I went down to check and told her it is not mice, she had babies.  Evidently we got a breeder from pet store and with it a buy 1, get three free sale.  As they got older one was too interesting in siblings and we wanted no West Virginia guinea pigs and it was shipped out to relative. Evidently we were wrong about the behavior we observed for that guinea pig ended up being a female and we know that because it gave birth.

When my wife's Koi died I think she buried it in backyard.  It was so big it filled entire length of 50 gallon fish tank.  It died because during a storm it would thrash around and flip itself out of tank and it did it one too many times and died before my wife could get it back in tank,

While not a pet we found a lynx (bobcat) stuck between two fences at back of yard where it died.  We could not get it out without taking down fence so we just buried it there including both sides of fence.

I have a dog buried in my side yard ..... but it's not my dog.  The original owner buried the dog there around 15-20 years ago, I'd say.  I only realized it after uncovering a little grave marker that the owner before me (2nd owner; I am the 3rd) either planted grass over it, or just allowed it to be covered over the years.  I keep it exposed as much as I can out of respect.

As far as my pets, I've got 3 urns full of cats' ashes on my dresser.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I will shortly....I'm in the vets office now. My golden Newman was diagnosed with cancer it spread to his lungs and I have to put him down 11 good years.....RIP buddy. 

I'm sorry, we put down Bear this year after 15 faithful years.   It's hard.