Who has a pet buried in the backyard?

mead107

My In laws have two or three dogs buried in the back yard.  They probably won’t be able to stay in that house for more than a few years at this point.   I imagine the memory of what dogs were buried and where will be forgotten.

We have ashes in a nice box on a bookshelf. 

I had a tiny catfish that lived 15 years - impressed me so much I couldn't bear to flush him so I buried him next to our apartment building.  
A few months later, I come home from work to find an excavator in the yard - they're tearing up the whole place including my makeshift plot to fix a drainage issue LOL I wonder if he's haunting them for disturbing his peaceful rest

Yes.  Leni (pretty sure not a He: Lenny, but one can't be too sure)...  A brown anole. She hitched a ride north from Florida, via eBay 10 years ago on a chair, furniture.  Lived a fine life eating crickets in a terrarium for almost 3 years.  She's in a jewelry box buried in the garden.  May her soul rest in peace!

She looked like this:

anosag210.jpg

57 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Nope, they go to the common ash heap at the vets.

Despicable!  

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Never have. 

I have a full size Golden, and there’s no way I’d fight this Georgia clay for anything bigger than the Circus Mouse from the Green Mile. 

We have heavy clay here.

Power auger.  Cram em in the hole!  ?

58 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

We buried the goldfish in the snow a few years ago when the kids were really little.

Same deal except it was a Betta for us. 

I worked with a guy whose dog was getting close to the end so in preparation he started digging the hole in his backyard....with his dog watching. I always thought that was messed up.

My last dog's ashes are in the curio in the living room.

Current pooch will be buried in the backyard as hubby says. "That is [dog's name] backyard, and he will be buried there so he can always watch over it."  (The time is very close, so why we are having these discussions.)