What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

7 hours ago, JM57 said:

If you say so. Wins and losses aren't indicative of the development of a quarterback. His performance is. 10/19 for 82 yards is dreadful. Like 12 guys are out here throwing for an easy 350 every week and the a Bills just threw for a quarter of that. How you can see that as a good thing is beyond me.

Hate to keep using the word stupid with you, so I won't this time, but where did I say his stats were good. This is about whether we want the Bills to win or lose and in your mind, losing is better unless we win because of Allen's performance.  It's about an hour before game time, I'm getting excited for the game and really hope they win, are you really hoping they lose?

4 hours ago, JM57 said:

You think wins are the measure of a QB? You think winning with 82 yards passing is good and sustainable? In 2018? You probably wanted to move on from Tyrod right? Okay, wonderful. Now tell me how last week's passing attack was any better than what we had to watch with Tyrod. Or the week before that against Green Bay.

Quarterbacks are performing at a historic clip in the NFL. 9 teams are averaging 300 passing yards a game or more with a 10th, Green Bay, at 299.8. 16 teams are averaging 268 passing yards a game or higher. The Bills are averaging 121.8, just about 25 yards less than Arizona who is 31st. There is no world in which this is good. 

So how does losing help?

4 hours ago, JM57 said:

You think wins are the measure of a QB? You think winning with 82 yards passing is good and sustainable? In 2018? You probably wanted to move on from Tyrod right? Okay, wonderful. Now tell me how last week's passing attack was any better than what we had to watch with Tyrod. Or the week before that against Green Bay.

Quarterbacks are performing at a historic clip in the NFL. 9 teams are averaging 300 passing yards a game or more with a 10th, Green Bay, at 299.8. 16 teams are averaging 268 passing yards a game or higher. The Bills are averaging 121.8, just about 25 yards less than Arizona who is 31st. There is no world in which this is good. 

Goff had 2 games under 124 yards last season.  In his rookie season he was garbage.  Would you want him now?

6 hours ago, eball said:

A win is all that really matters but I'd like to see Allen doing more with the passing game.  This is the first game since Anderson was brought in...let's see what veteran knowledge he has already imparted.

How much do you really think a backup QB can help. I think the mentor thing, while likely helpful, is quite a bit overblown.

11 hours ago, JM57 said:

If you say so. Wins and losses aren't indicative of the development of a quarterback. His performance is. 10/19 for 82 yards is dreadful. Like 12 guys are out here throwing for an easy 350 every week and the a Bills just threw for a quarter of that. How you can see that as a good thing is beyond me.

you must be relieved, we almost won. That was too close for comfort.

30 minutes ago, klos63 said:

you must be relieved, we almost won. That was too close for comfort.

Well he passed for 2 more yards than last week without being able to finish the game, so that's a small improvement. He still wasn't good. He has to show signs of improvement. That seems to be what you are missing. 

If Josh Allen throws for 250 in a loss, it is a much better sign for this team's long term future than throwing for 80 in a win. This is a QB driven league. Your team is handicapped when your QB is throwing for as many yards in a game as many QBs achieve in a single quarter.

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Well he passed for 2 more yards than last week without being able to finish the game, so that's a small improvement. He still wasn't good. He has to show signs of improvement. That seems to be what you are missing. 

If Josh Allen throws for 250 in a loss, it is a much better sign for this team's long term future than throwing for 80 in a win. This is a QB driven league. Your team is handicapped when your QB is throwing for as many yards in a game as many QBs achieve in a single quarter.

winning is better than losing.

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

winning is better than losing.

Having good QB play produces more wins. 10/19 for 82 and 10/17 for 84 is not good. I do not know why you do not understand this. 

Nothing will make me feel good about this team right now.  I'm so sick of the same below average...or bad...offense for the better part of 2 decades.

I'm getting so used to it though, but what will make me feel good by late tonight is if the Pats lose to KC pretty handily.

I'm so numb to the Bills right now that a Pats loss almost makes me feel better than a Bills win.  That needs to change.

I feel good about a great defensive perfomance today, and offense beginning to show promise. Special teams, LOL! Peterman, LOL! Seriously, !@#$ that guy!

I only LOL to keep from crying.

What a !@#$ink Billsy lost. Jesus Herold Christ on a rubber crutch.

Well, at 4:15 I was feeling a bit nauseous.  What else can you say?!  Let me hold myself accountable here and see what held up.

——————-

- Josh Allen's most memorable plays are with his arm, not his legs

** well his arm was the story, elbow actually. Two nice throws to KB, one called back.  So that’s better than zero.
- JA not hitting dudes in the ankles as he rolls out and throws

** he tried to hit Clay in the ankles on his first pass, after that mostly just inaccurate wide or high.
- JA being decisive and quick with his passes, not timid

** I though he was a bit quicker today, but dude, stay in the pocket and let er rip. He bails and rolls wide too often.
- JA sacked no more than twice

** only sacked twice, so that’s improvement
- receivers make 2 catches on contested balls downfield,

**KB made one I think downfield, then a dumb penalty called it back.  Zay’s catch wasn’t really contested but nice TD!
- running game goes for 120+ total yds

** Nope, rushed for only 100 yds
- offense ball security, no turnovers

** Nope, thanks for nothing Peterman. And a RayRay not so special teams muff 
- defense holds Texans to less than 40% 3rd down conversions

**Yes!  Held Houston to only 3 for 13
- defense bends but doesn’t break. Allows Texans fewer than 20 pts

** Yes, they did (only 10?) Peterman gave them 7 more and I think special teams was another 3.
- Bills are + in the turnover ratio 

** it was a push, both teams with 3 takeaways
- Bills score 20+ points

** Nope, ultimately they needed exactly 21

On 10/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gugny said:

Evidence that Josh Allen is learning from his mistakes.

Josh Allen stays healthy.

Play calling that makes sense on offense.

Zay Jones continuing to show progress.

McCoy staying healthy so he can be traded for at least a 3rd round pick.

A win would be an awesome bonus!

Well your hopes for Zay and McCoy came through at least.

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:
On 10/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gugny said:

Evidence that Josh Allen is learning from his mistakes.

Josh Allen stays healthy.

Play calling that makes sense on offense.

Zay Jones continuing to show progress.

McCoy staying healthy so he can be traded for at least a 3rd round pick.

A win would be an awesome bonus!

Well your hopes for Zay and McCoy came through at least.

We can blame Gug for his wisdom  ;)  :D