What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Because 2018 is 2019's preseason.  

If we hope to be a good team in the years to come, our young players - especially Josh Allen - need to progress.  

This is just so weird.  I guess you are allowed to root against your team.  You are claiming winning has nothing to do with development.  Just throwing for yardage. 

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

amazing that we are arguing with fans who think losing is better than winning.

no need to argue with these folks.  it's a waste of time. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

Not much, nice TD run though. Tell me how losing last week would have been better than winning?

The result of the game doesn't matter. This year is about the development of the "franchise QB" and his stat line looks like the game ended early in the 2nd.

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I think it's fairly obvious that the Bills adopted a game plan last week that was totally focused on trying to win the game in the most ugly way possible, while asking Josh Allen to do as little as possible.

As opposed to asking Josh Allen to be a full-service QB who must perform as such and which required him to learn, grow, and perform as a passing QB.

Those are 2 hugely different approaches to the same game.  We went with the "screw Allen, we want to win now" approach, and it worked. 

I actually disagree with that.  This season is for deterring who Allen is, and the sooner we know, the better off we are.

Everything should be pushed into his development or lack thereof, and let the score play out as it may.

I'm willing to do that for this season and only this season, with Allen at least.

The Bills are now in treading water/survivor mode and Allen is not going to do a lot of progressing with this mentality.

Josh might not have 250+ yard games with a kind of game plan like last week but with a few catches and breaks he could easily be over 150 yards with a similar one. And he learns a LOT more doing this than sitting on the bench or asked to do too much like versus the Packers and ending with zero points.

And people that are all about draft picks fail to notice that with the cap space the Bills will able to sign some good FA if, and that's what winning this season can do, if they are an attractive place to play in!

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

that's just so stupid.

If you say so. Wins and losses aren't indicative of the development of a quarterback. His performance is. 10/19 for 82 yards is dreadful. Like 12 guys are out here throwing for an easy 350 every week and the a Bills just threw for a quarter of that. How you can see that as a good thing is beyond me.

A win is all that really matters but I'd like to see Allen doing more with the passing game.  This is the first game since Anderson was brought in...let's see what veteran knowledge he has already imparted.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

this is just amazing...

You think wins are the measure of a QB? You think winning with 82 yards passing is good and sustainable? In 2018? You probably wanted to move on from Tyrod right? Okay, wonderful. Now tell me how last week's passing attack was any better than what we had to watch with Tyrod. Or the week before that against Green Bay.

Quarterbacks are performing at a historic clip in the NFL. 9 teams are averaging 300 passing yards a game or more with a 10th, Green Bay, at 299.8. 16 teams are averaging 268 passing yards a game or higher. The Bills are averaging 121.8, just about 25 yards less than Arizona who is 31st. There is no world in which this is good. 

On 10/12/2018 at 4:53 PM, nucci said:

You would rather finish 4-12 than make the playoffs? You can't justify that with any logical reasoning. I just can't get over the fact that people would rather lose than win. This is just incredible to me

Everyone wants to win.  But no team is going anywhere in this league without a franchise qb.   Ever.   It starts and ends with that simple fact.  So I'm saying if I had to pick one or the other, a win with my qb sucking or actually seeing him do well, showing progress, correct reads, mechanics, timing, pre snap adjustments, audibles, drawing a hard count penalty, accurate throws--it would mean much more to me because I'd feel better that we got the right guy.   Josh has shown intelligence, drive, pocket presence and mobility thus far, but hasn't shown those other things.  

I wanna win 10+ games consistently for a dozen years, not hope we squeak out a .500 season every year.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Everyone wants to win.  But no team is going anywhere in this league without a franchise qb.   Ever.   It starts and ends with that simple fact. 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

I wanna win 10+ games consistently for a dozen years, not hope we squeak out a .500 season every year.    

Yes yes yes yes yes

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Everyone wants to win.  But no team is going anywhere in this league without a franchise qb.   Ever.   It starts and ends with that simple fact.  So I'm saying if I had to pick one or the other, a win with my qb sucking or actually seeing him do well, showing progress, correct reads, mechanics, timing, pre snap adjustments, audibles, drawing a hard count penalty, accurate throws--it would mean much more to me because I'd feel better that we got the right guy.   Josh has shown intelligence, drive, pocket presence and mobility thus far, but hasn't shown those other things.  

if this happens , don't you think this will produce more wins? seems logical with this defense if Allen is playing well

3 hours ago, JM57 said:

You think wins are the measure of a QB? You think winning with 82 yards passing is good and sustainable? In 2018? You probably wanted to move on from Tyrod right? Okay, wonderful. Now tell me how last week's passing attack was any better than what we had to watch with Tyrod. Or the week before that against Green Bay.

Quarterbacks are performing at a historic clip in the NFL. 9 teams are averaging 300 passing yards a game or more with a 10th, Green Bay, at 299.8. 16 teams are averaging 268 passing yards a game or higher. The Bills are averaging 121.8, just about 25 yards less than Arizona who is 31st. There is no world in which this is good. 

No, I don't. I'm arguing that you guys are hoping Allen makes improvements over the season. Don't you think if Allen is playing better that will mean more wins?

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

if this happens , don't you think this will produce more wins? seems logical with this defense if Allen is playing well

No, I don't. I'm arguing that you guys are hoping Allen makes improvements over the season. Don't you think if Allen is playing better that will mean more wins?

In theory, of course. But truth be told I would rather see a 23-20 loss where Allen throws for 250 than a 13-12 win where he throws for 82. A win is a win in the standings, but I would sacrifice short term results for long term success, if that makes sense. This year should be about Allen's development and progress. Games like last week cannot be good for him in the big picture. I really hope having a defacto coach in Anderson to lean on/help him out in real time is beneficial. He definitely needs it.

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

In theory, of course. But truth be told I would rather see a 23-20 loss where Allen throws for 250 than a 13-12 win where he throws for 82. A win is a win in the standings, but I would sacrifice short term results for long term success, if that makes sense. This year should be about Allen's development and progress. Games like last week cannot be good for him in the big picture. I really hope having a defacto coach in Anderson to lean on/help him out in real time is beneficial. He definitely needs it.

I do see the point about development and last weeks game was ugly. But winning helps development and team confidence....I still would rather see an ugly win than a pretty loss.....

On 10/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gugny said:

Evidence that Josh Allen is learning from his mistakes.

Josh Allen stays healthy.

Play calling that makes sense on offense.

Zay Jones continuing to show progress.

McCoy staying healthy so he can be traded for at least a 3rd round pick.

A win would be an awesome bonus!

Josh Allen stays healthy.

+1