What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

19 hours ago, nucci said:

how is a win not the most important ?

I'm sick and tired of watching Bills QB's limp to wins with 100 yards passing and having the defense and kicker do most of the work. 

Allen has been the worst out of all 4 rookie QB's 

Id rather have a shootout then win ugly in a low scoring defensive game

this offense is so behind the rest of the league is embarrassing. 

42 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

I'm sick and tired of watching Bills QB's limp to wins with 100 yards passing and having the defense and kicker do most of the work. 

why bother watching  a Bills game? If you want a shootout and don't care about winning, watch the Chiefs Patriots game. Likely to be a lot of offense.

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

This is simple.  A Bills win anyway they can: ugly, dominating, overtime, multiple turnovers generated by the defense, the offense coming alive.  I don't care how, just WIN BABY!!!

Right!  and usually when you win an NFL game, you are doing things more right than wrong. Each win also gives Allen another week to learn more and hopefully, we find ourselves in the playoff race as he starts to get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Progress from Josh Allen is the one thing I hope for every week.  Anything else is gravy.

Gravy options:

One or two WR stepping up and building chemistry with Allen.

Marcus Murphy showing he can play like he did in pre-season, in a real game.

O Line developing chemistry 

D Line getting constant pressure on the QB

A Bills win

this made me think...why not have murphy and ivory in the backfield together and put shady in the slot with zay and kb or foster on the outside.

shady would be a huge mismatch and at least take a lb out of the play.

someone also mentioned brandon reilly and i for the life of me can't understand why he's not on the roster. we desperately need that chris hogan 2.0 

guy that is open and dependable especially on 3rd downs.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Because 2018 is 2019's preseason.  

If we hope to be a good team in the years to come, our young players - especially Josh Allen - need to progress.  

and winning is not a part of progress?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not when winning includes 84 yards passing. What about Allen's performance, or lack thereof really, in last week's win was encouraging?

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's fairly obvious that the Bills adopted a game plan last week that was totally focused on trying to win the game in the most ugly way possible, while asking Josh Allen to do as little as possible.

As opposed to asking Josh Allen to be a full-service QB who must perform as such and which required him to learn, grow, and perform as a passing QB.

Those are 2 hugely different approaches to the same game.  We went with the "screw Allen, we want to win now" approach, and it worked. 

I actually disagree with that.  This season is for deterring who Allen is, and the sooner we know, the better off we are.

Everything should be pushed into his development or lack thereof, and let the score play out as it may.

I'm willing to do that for this season and only this season, with Allen at least.

The Bills are now in treading water/survivor mode and Allen is not going to do a lot of progressing with this mentality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Not when winning includes 84 yards passing. What about Allen's performance, or lack thereof really, in last week's win was encouraging?

Not much, nice TD run though. Tell me how losing last week would have been better than winning?

Game still on in OT with Bills holding ball in Texans' end of field with both teams already had chance for TD.  This means a FG wins for us and we kept pace with Texans for entire game.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Not much, nice TD run though. Tell me how losing last week would have been better than winning?

JM57 would be happier.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think it's fairly obvious that the Bills adopted a game plan last week that was totally focused on trying to win the game in the most ugly way possible, while asking Josh Allen to do as little as possible.

As opposed to asking Josh Allen to be a full-service QB who must perform as such and which required him to learn, grow, and perform as a passing QB.

Those are 2 hugely different approaches to the same game.  We went with the "screw Allen, we want to win now" approach, and it worked. 

I actually disagree with that.  This season is for deterring who Allen is, and the sooner we know, the better off we are.

Everything should be pushed into his development or lack thereof, and let the score play out as it may.

I'm willing to do that for this season and only this season, with Allen at least.

The Bills are now in treading water/survivor mode and Allen is not going to do a lot of progressing with this mentality.

You do what you have to do to win. Winning should be the goal every game, that's what they practice for each week, to design a way to win. Allen has played well at times and not so well others. If we were 0-5 I don't think we would feel good about the progress of the team. Takes time for a QB to be consistently good, nothing wrong winning while he's learning.

38 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Because 2018 is 2019's preseason.  

If we hope to be a good team in the years to come, our young players - especially Josh Allen - need to progress.  

how is winning not progress? if this team finishes 4-12, how much progress do you think there will be?

1 hour ago, LFC24 said:

But if the offense and Allen play better , with this defense don't you think they will win more....and if Allen leads them to 8-9 wins and plays well, won't you be excited for next year?

...a Schwartz like defensive, Herculean effort like we did vs Detroit and neutralizing a "girl named Suh", but now vs JJ and Clowney.......carry Leslie out on your shoulders for good measure...Hughes & Murphy batter the already battered Watson.....ribs/lung/chest inhibit his throwing and intimidate his scrambles.......the "three headed monster" ala Shady, Ivory and Murphy racking up a buck 50........Josh with 220 in the air...one TD zero picks.....14-10 Bills in a real deal battle........wake me up on Monday......Melatonin time.....see ya.............

• Thank you (+1) 1

At 1-3 and coming off a game I went to in Green Bay in which the team got shutout by a below average defense I was solely concerned with Allen's development. After a somewhat surprising win against a division leading team I can buy into going for ugly W's and sheltering Allen for as long as the season is still alive. If/when it gets out of hand (3 or 4 games below .500), I really don't see the point in sheltering Allen for the sake of meaningless W's, I want to see what we have.

So basically, any type of W tomorrow will gladly be taken by me.