What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I know but I just don't understand

I do understand. A lot of fans want to see some semblance of a real NFL offense. You're not going to win much in this league relying on your defense for turnovers every week. 

I would be happy with Josh showing progress particularly in the mental part of his game. I pick three things:

1. Throw a pass with anticipation where Josh read the defense and recognized weak spots to take advantage of

2. Read a blitz and quickly convert a hot route pass to counter it

3. Stop showing excitement when you flop on a personal foul call. It doesn't project a good image and refs will catch on 

Imho, we are never going to be a great team without a quarterback and Josh Allen needs to show improvement

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As an aspirational goal that would make you feel good, permit me to tell you yours blows.

I was just joking so relax, will you?  I feel sorry for you its only football you know. But if you want a serious answer to this topic it is just knowing that this team has played to the best of their abilities and they have continued to make progress. If the Bills win that will be great if they lose better luck next week. Oh, by the way, I would never tell you anything you post blows even it does. I don't operate that way.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KauaiBuffaloSports said:

I would be happy with Josh showing progress particularly in the mental part of his game. I pick three things:

1. Throw a pass with anticipation where Josh read the defense and recognized weak spots to take advantage of

3. Stop showing excitement when you flop on a personal foul call. It doesn't project a good image and refs will catch on 

Imho, we are never going to be a great team without a quarterback and Josh Allen needs to show improvement

It doesn’t matter if he flops. You are only allowed to hit the QB within 2 steps after he passes

he was hit after 2 steps. It’s a foul regardless of severity 

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would feel good if Ryan Teller got the start at OG......and we were talking about how he was bullying ppl all game opening up holes for the run

I am rooting for the guy because I am a Bills fan, so of course I want any player we have to succeed.... but man, I feel like Teller is going to be this years "Brandon Reilly"

6 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I do understand. A lot of fans want to see some semblance of a real NFL offense. You're not going to win much in this league relying on your defense for turnovers every week. 

That wasn't my point...some would rather lose than win...that's what I don't understand

7 hours ago, KauaiBuffaloSports said:

1 and 2 already happened multiple times 

see the kB drop vs Minn 

3 = ????

Edited by Teddy KGB

A win. This feels like the classic game where we get our hopes up and we get dominated. If we could get to .500 after what we saw on the field those first 6 quarters of the year it would be a great accomplishment imo. I think it would also be great for the team as a whole as far as morale and chemistry goes, knowing that they have clawed their way back into the thick of things. 

57 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

no injuries,  low score,  great defense,  good run game

It is the year of our lord two thousand and eighteen, passing has never been easier in the NFL, and this is what we wish for out of our favorite team. How about that Process?

I wish for more than 84 yards passing. I wish for Allen to stand in the pocket and go through his progressions instead of bailing out at the slightest hint of pressure. I wish for the #7 overall pick to see guys when they get open. I wish I didn't have the same criticisms of this QB as the last one, but here we are.

I would like to Allen and the offense resemble the one that played the first half at Minnesota.  That game is the only one this year where Daboll got Allen in rythem early.  It carried through out the game.  The front 4 for Houston is ferocious.  Get them going sideline to sideline with screens and quick passes early.  Open up the middle of the field.  This is one of those games Buffalo will need to get some completions early to move back the safties to better run the ball.

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

no injuries,  low score,  great defense,  good run game

why do you want a low score? hard to win unless you score points

55 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I would like to Allen and the offense resemble the one that played the first half at Minnesota.  That game is the only one this year where Daboll got Allen in rythem early.  It carried through out the game.  The front 4 for Houston is ferocious.  Get them going sideline to sideline with screens and quick passes early.  Open up the middle of the field.  This is one of those games Buffalo will need to get some completions early to move back the safties to better run the ball.

good points but the problem is that their front 4 is so good the DBs will be playing tight....have to figure a way to beat that but our WRs don't seem to get open quickly

• Like (+1) 1