What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

48 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with him.   We aren't winning the superbowl this year, but we DO need to have a major draft next year.  And most importantly we need the kid to develop.  I'd rather see a 30 point offensive showing and progress with Josh, but lose the game rather than win like we did last week.   At home I would say differently, but on the road, it's all about development.   

Josh has played in like 29 real football games in his life (not counting Juco stuff)  He needs to show he can keep his mechanics intact, find where to go with the ball based on coverage, and hit some accurate throws.  That's more important than anything- if this kid can be good he's ours for the next 15 years.

Remember a higher draft spot impacts all 7 rounds too, not just the first round.

You would rather finish 4-12 than make the playoffs? You can't justify that with any logical reasoning. I just can't get over the fact that people would rather lose than win. This is just incredible to me

25 minutes ago, krf139 said:

A loss to get us closer to a top 5 draft pick 

That really shouldn't be our goal.

14 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I prefer to win but above all I want the Bills to get Allen going.  Something to build on assuming they will be bringing in new talent with the cap space and all the picks next year.

Can we try to accomplish both. How about we win as Allen progresses?

35 minutes ago, nucci said:

You would rather finish 4-12 than make the playoffs? You can't justify that with any logical reasoning. I just can't get over the fact that people would rather lose than win. This is just incredible to me

1 hour ago, 416BillsFan said:

I think you misunderstood my point. I'd LOVE to be 9-7 or higher and have Allen improve.  However, to me Allen getting better is the most important, not winning games with the defense. I trust McD will be able to coach a good defense. I want to see what we have with Allen. As long as he's healthy, play him. I don't care if Derek Anderson gives us a better chance to win. If he doesn't get any better after 2 years draft a QB high again (or sign one). I'm tired of middling seasons, moral victories, and sub-par QB performances.

Reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with him.   We aren't winning the superbowl this year, but we DO need to have a major draft next year.  And most importantly we need the kid to develop.  I'd rather see a 30 point offensive showing and progress with Josh, but lose the game rather than win like we did last week.   At home I would say differently, but on the road, it's all about development.   

Josh has played in like 29 real football games in his life (not counting Juco stuff)  He needs to show he can keep his mechanics intact, find where to go with the ball based on coverage, and hit some accurate throws.  That's more important than anything- if this kid can be good he's ours for the next 15 years.

Remember a higher draft spot impacts all 7 rounds too, not just the first round.

So you are rooting against the bills to win.  Brilliant.  Btw trust me I get your 7 round draft BS. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Not sure how old any of the commenters are here...I kinda’ think the whole “it’s better to lose for draft position” mindset are from the younger set (maybe 30 and under).

In my view its better to win, as much as possible.  Create a winning culture and never accept losing. I mean if a team is worried about not having a high draft pick QB then buy someone else’s QB when they hit free agency, or make a big trade to move up.  Wishing your team to lose is weak. It’s not being a fan.

Just now, zow2 said:

Not sure how old any of the commenters are here...I kinda’ think the whole “it’s better to lose for draft position” mindset are from the younger set (maybe 30 and under).

In my view its better to win, as much as possible.  Create a winning culture and never accept losing. I mean if a team is worried about not having a high draft pick QB then buy someone else’s QB when they hit free agency, or make a big trade to move up.  Wishing your team to lose is weak. It’s not being a fan.

You'd think that would be a given.

I would be happy with a Win no matter how ugly it is. I will tell you what I dont want to see is the Bills getting blown out because the offense cant do anything. I can accept a close game and the Bills losing.....I wont like it but I can accept it. The Bills looking inept and Allen struggling will be hard to swallow. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Nonstop coverage on all football channels discussing how in the world the Patriots are going to manage without Brady the rest of the year. 

You my friend are a true visionary. Since they aren't playing until 4 hours later, how do you see this going down? Arrest? Practice injury? Slapped by beaver tail? Or maybe deported by ICE in a case of mistaken identity?