What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

54 minutes ago, nucci said:

how is a win not the most important ?

Because of 2 decades without a franchise quarterback. A win would be cool, but I'd take Allen looking consistently better at the end of the season going 4-12/5-11 over a 9-7 playoff appearance in a minute.

Where are all the “fans”? 

“Uhm id like a loss so we pick higher in the draft and we ain’t winning a SB but Allen to progress.  Oh yeah and trade shady”. 

3 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Because of 2 decades without a franchise quarterback. A win would be cool, but I'd take Allen looking consistently better at the end of the season going 4-12/5-11 over a 9-7 playoff appearance in a minute.

Spoke too soon!  There you are! 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

you would rather finish 4-12 than go to the playoffs? Wow....I don't what to say...

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, the thing I’m most excited to watch is Tre White v DeAndre Hopkins...

I’d love to see white mark him all game and shut him down 

i wouldnt mind seeing Hopkins make a few plays and just watching an elite v elite battle all day long.  Would be fun.

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Where are all the “fans”? 

“Uhm id like a loss so we pick higher in the draft and we ain’t winning a SB but Allen to progress.  Oh yeah and trade shady”. 

Spoke too soon!  There you are! 

I think you misunderstood my point. I'd LOVE to be 9-7 or higher and have Allen improve.  However, to me Allen getting better is the most important, not winning games with the defense. I trust McD will be able to coach a good defense. I want to see what we have with Allen. As long as he's healthy, play him. I don't care if Derek Anderson gives us a better chance to win. If he doesn't get any better after 2 years draft a QB high again (or sign one). I'm tired of middling seasons, moral victories, and sub-par QB performances.

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Losing for years rots your soul. You become obsessed w the draft. 

I guess but winning is much more fun...I  must  be different. i prefer winning

2 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

I think you misunderstood my point. I'd LOVE to be 9-7 or higher and have Allen improve.  However, to me Allen getting better is the most important, not winning games with the defense. I trust McD will be able to coach a good defense. I want to see what we have with Allen. As long as he's healthy, play him. I don't care if Derek Anderson gives us a better chance to win. If he doesn't get any better after 2 years draft a QB high again (or sign one). I'm tired of middling seasons, moral victories, and sub-par QB performances.

If Allen is playing better then the Bills should win more games. They already have 2 wins...winning only 2 more would not be progress

Edited by nucci

-Shady still a Bill and not traded

-Defense came out playing fast and hard

-Frazier/McDermott had a plan to contain Watson (if he plays) and it more or less worked

-White more or less kept Hopkins down to a dull roar

-Offense played ball control, if Watson don't have it, Watson can't use it

-Run blocking continues to work OK

-Some signs of progress by Allen

-WR play like they mean it and run good routes

--All our players still in one piece, especially Allen, Shady, and Chris Ivory.  (Mills got tossed around like a rag doll by Clay Matthews.) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

how is a win not the most important ?

I agree with him.   We aren't winning the superbowl this year, but we DO need to have a major draft next year.  And most importantly we need the kid to develop.  I'd rather see a 30 point offensive showing and progress with Josh, but lose the game rather than win like we did last week.   At home I would say differently, but on the road, it's all about development.   

Josh has played in like 29 real football games in his life (not counting Juco stuff)  He needs to show he can keep his mechanics intact, find where to go with the ball based on coverage, and hit some accurate throws.  That's more important than anything- if this kid can be good he's ours for the next 15 years.

Remember a higher draft spot impacts all 7 rounds too, not just the first round.

Love the idea!  OP got us off to a great start, so I'll add to and comment on theirs:

- Josh Allen's most memorable plays are with his arm, not his legs -Agreed.  I'd like to see him throw for 200+ yards.
- JA not hitting dudes in the ankles as he rolls out and throws -Agreed
- JA being decisive and quick with his passes, not timid -Agreed
- JA sacked no more than twice four times (I'm trying to be realistic about having a raw rookie behind our weak OL)
- receivers make 2 catches on contested balls downfield -Would be nice, but more important to me is just to have actual WR downfield completions on regular plays.  If the WR made such a great cut that he's wide open, great.  But I'm looking for success due to our players, rather than a DB stumbling or a blown coverage or something.
- running game goes for 120+ total yds -Agreed
- offense ball security, no turnovers -I can live with a TO or two - again, rookie QB and all that.  Just hopefully not repeating the same mistakes he's already made against GB.
- Bills are + in the turnover ratio -Certainly wouldn't mind it, but in terms of feeling good going forward, not much would impress me more than winning a game where we LOSE the TO battle.  The way our offense has looked to date, it's basically impossible for us to win or even score without multiple forced turnovers by the defense.  Offense managing to score 20+ without the benefit of multiple short fields would really show me something.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

A win is something to build on....

a win? oh piss off.

10 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with him.   We aren't winning the superbowl this year, but we DO need to have a major draft next year.  And most importantly we need the kid to develop.  I'd rather see a 30 point offensive showing and progress with Josh, but lose the game rather than win like we did last week.   At home I would say differently, but on the road, it's all about development.   

Josh has played in like 29 real football games in his life (not counting Juco stuff)  He needs to show he can keep his mechanics intact, find where to go with the ball based on coverage, and hit some accurate throws.  That's more important than anything- if this kid can be good he's ours for the next 15 years.

Remember a higher draft spot impacts all 7 rounds too, not just the first round.

I rather win every week even if it's not a perfect game. Maybe if we win more than we lose and by December, Allen is improving enough we may make the playoffs. But i'm sure that would make a lot of people unhappy because we won't draft in the top 5.