What would make you feel good about the Texans game, around 4:15pm on Sunday?

zow2

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I posted something similar before the Minnesota game.  Some of the answers were interesting and the Bills actually hit on most of them in a memorable upset.  So here we go. Looking forward to the game.

- Josh Allen's most memorable plays are with his arm, not his legs
- JA not hitting dudes in the ankles as he rolls out and throws
- JA being decisive and quick with his passes, not timid
- JA sacked no more than twice
- receivers make 2 catches on contested balls downfield 
- running game goes for 120+ total yds
- offense ball security, no turnovers
- defense holds Texans to less than 40% 3rd down conversions
- defense bends but doesn’t break. Allows Texans fewer than 20 pts
- Bills are + in the turnover ratio 
- Bills score 20+ points

All that better add up to a win. This is not what I want, but what I expect to see Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Allen threw for 350 TDs and 4 TDs. Zay Jones has 12 receptions for 176 yds and 2 TDs. Edmunds has 14 tackles and an interception and also eats a chunk of someone’s leg

And Daboll's play call designs started it all with the WR's getting separation all day!

Progress from Josh Allen is the one thing I hope for every week.  Anything else is gravy.

Gravy options:

One or two WR stepping up and building chemistry with Allen.

Marcus Murphy showing he can play like he did in pre-season, in a real game.

O Line developing chemistry 

D Line getting constant pressure on the QB

A Bills win

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You seem to be a realist with Josh Allen.

Good for you.

I'd love for the most exciting highlight play involving Josh Allen to be something he does throwing the ball.

Don't think we have one of those yet for the season, though we have many involving his legs, as you note.

Yep.  I can't even make a prediction on Allen's passing yardage.  Between the receivers, his remedial QB ability at the moment, and the conservative game plan... it wouldn't surprise me if he throws for <120 yds again.  Just hit on a nice pass or two to give us hope. 

Them winning the game. Everything else is not super consequential to me. Would be nice to see offensive improvement, but even if they suck and we win, I'll be happy.

If we lose, I want to see them be competitive and see progress with Allen and the offense as a whole.

20 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Allen falls apart and we win with the defense / fluke turnovers is not sustainable.  I want to see something that we can build on but that's just me. 

...it’s not just you. 

A Bills win would make me feel great.

As far as what I would like to see from the Bills....

Josh Allen improving his game. Winning with his arm instead of his legs. 2 touchdown passes would be great, the amount of yards he throws is not as important.

Kelvin Benjamin stepping up and making plays.

Zay Jones caught every pass thrown to him last week, no one has talked about that. I would like to see that continue.

The offensive line making holes for Shady, Ivory & Murphy(if he's not inactive again), and protect Josh Allen.

Shady getting more receptions. He's a good receiving threat.

On the defensive side, just keep doing what they are doing. Get pressure, force turnovers. Harassing DeShaun Watson will be vital.

• Like (+1) 4