What Do Young People Think When We Post About 90's Bills Teams

Irv

"What Do Young People Think When We Post About 90's Bills Teams".....

.....that we'd shut up. Because they heard us the 1st 100,000x someone reminisced about them here. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

"What Do Young People Think When We Post About 90's Bills Teams".....

.....that we'd shut up. Because they heard us the 1st 1000x someone reminisced about them here. 

it's so sad, young fans will have nothing worth remembering for all the decades they put into watching the Bills

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

They honestly don't know what we're talking about. Unless you lived through it, there's no other era in Bills history that was as magical. They've honestly been a terrible franchise outside of two AFL titles in the mid 60's, one good year in 1980, 1988-1996, 1998-1999. 13 seasons out of 58.

Always finding the silver lining!

Bingo!

This franchise has been among the worst in N. American major league sports since the merger.

With really the only magical time being the Super Bowl teams and the time during their rise to power.  I would end the era with our 4th Superbowl, though the success did linger a bit longer than that.

The rest has been very missable, including our AFC East title in 1980 (remember it well; had a t-shirt commemorating that at the time) and so on.

I feel sorry for young Bills fans who have suffered through the crap, but never got to taste the champagne.  Well, almost got to taste the champagne.

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Young people don't waste their time with the Bills.   The NFL's got a real demographic problem on their hands, IMO...

True fact (well perhaps not fact- sure mirror what I see).  Millennials more often In my experience are into the nfl peripheries; draft kings, fantasy; red zone; 

Also- sporting events are becoming so unaffordable... I looked into taking the fam to ravens or skins when bills are in town. It’s a mortgage payment 

i see less ‘team’ alligeince  coming up. My kids gravitate toward players over teams. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 hours ago, Irv said:

When I was younger (before the internet) and people talked about guys like Cookie Gilchrist, Albert Dubenion, Jack Kemp, etc. I used to roll my eyes thinking "what a bunch of geezers!".  I wonder if the younger kids on this site do the same when there are posts about Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, and Thurman Thomas.  Am I that old guy now?

Am totally guilty of that too (see my 9/15 OP topic below) and in a lot of ways I still feel stuck in that era as a Bills fan <sigh>. But in our defense as 90's era geezers, what exactly has the franchise given us since then in the way of good memories replacement???

On Eve of Allen’s First Start, What is Your Favorite Memory of Jim Kelly?
By NoHuddleKelly12, September 15 in The Stadium Wall 

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have 70 more years to cheer for the Bills, bound to be something in there

we used to actually pay attention to the game to watch football, the TV didn't show the score or the time left or the quarter or the players stats or Gus Frerrotte's fantasy achievements endlessly scrolling along the bottom of the screen, or 100 other game scores constantly rolling by

when your significant other asked how much time is left in that stupid game you would say "5 more minutes" and she'd accept that and come back 30 minutes later, now she can tell how much time remains

I can do without most of what you mentioned, but watching a game without at least a scoreboard showing the basics (score, time, down) would be frustrating as hell.

28 minutes ago, McBean said:

Best Bills team I’ve ever seen was last year.

I’ve never watched a real QB play for us yet.

My heart goes out to you. No, really! 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Hey, they had a little somethin' for everybody.

I'd bring my binoculars in the upper deck to get a closer look at "the football game."

B9317591854Z.1_20150603215637_000_GTRAVS

And now we are reduced to not being allowed to have nice things as a franchise. 

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Young people don't waste their time with the Bills.   The NFL's got a real demographic problem on their hands, IMO...

I think you're right, but that won't take shape for at least another 25 years as the majority of males over 30 are still hooked to the NFL.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

It's one of the many reasons I don't ever want a new stadium.

The old, classic memories, players, and stories will forever swirl around that place (as long as it's standing).

The place where the greatest comeback in playoff (let alone regular season) NFL history, against the Houston Oilers (another relocated franchise for you young pups) occurred, should be placed on the registry of national parks as a landmark not permitted to be disturbed.

18 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The place where the greatest comeback in playoff (let alone regular season) NFL history, against the Houston Oilers (another relocated franchise for you young pups) occurred, should be placed on the registry of national parks as a landmark not permitted to be disturbed.

just wished Bills fans cared enough to have sold out that game so older people at the time could have watched it on TV in the Buffalo area

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yes- they are all way too unique. 

By by the way what’s the demark for old fart? 

It’s a moving target, but it seems to reside somewhere between me and @plenzmd1

Or at least, that’s what I’m led to believe. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

just wished Bills fans cared enough to have sold out that game so older people at the time could have watched it on TV in the Buffalo area

My dad watched it on an illegal satalite feed at a bar (that's still open last I checked, so it will remain nameless) that his reletive owned. He left at the half, and went to visit my grandfather at the nursing home after the first half ended. Listened to it on the radio. Finally said "I love ya dad, but I gotta go." My grandpa was okay with him leaving, and would have went too, had he been in good health. Got to the bar just in time for overtime.

He always tells me. "It's a weird thing. The stadium didn't sell out, and there seemed to be plenty of empty seats at half time. The stadium only held 80,000 at the time. but I've met 100,000 people who said they were there. And not one of them left or gave up."

• Haha (+1) 1