What Do Young People Think When We Post About 90's Bills Teams

Irv

44 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm 31, I think many of you here are much older than me. My first Bills game was our 1st Super Bowl, it was like injecting a shot of heroin. Seeing my Dad who was usually angry and pissed off then laughing and singing songs and pretty much seeing my entire family having the time of their lives, it was great man, priceless memories to me. It was a long time ago but it's why I became a Bills fan in the first place, I want the young Bills fans today to get to experience the same euphoria I did as a kid, the 90s was a hell of an introduction to this team for me.

That's an interesting age because you pry assumed the Bills would always be great, but you didn't appreciate the heartbreak of Wide Right.  Then the Music City Miracle made you understand that feeling.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I never thought for a second that 25 years would pass without another superbowl appearance.  That actually made my head hurt.

That was my thought when they did not go to (what is now called) Super Bowl I in 1967.

There have been some good runs but 50+ years and FOUR SB losses was all I had to look forward to!?

Still a fan but I swore off the kool aid.

• Like (+1) 1

Machine like offense that was entertaining to say the least. They deserve a ton of credit for making 4 straight SB'S. Simply astonishing. Sure, they might've lost. But its damm impressive.

I should point out that I only watch YouTube videos of the glory years. I never became a fan until 2003 (Huge Bledsoe fan).

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm a young guy and do not remember the 90's Bills, but I know all about them and have watched games and highlights from that time. There hasn't been an era of football to talk about since then.

I think that era is somewhat transcendent for Buffalo because they were soooooo good, compared to any era of the franchise, that’s what gives it legs and keeps breathing life into it (and is helped along by us old 40+ crowd); reminds me of growing up in western PA, where the 70’s Steelers were such an institution in and of themselves, to where even though I missed ever watching them live, you couldn’t help but be  infused with all sorts of knowledge about them as a cultural thing really.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

They honestly don't know what we're talking about. Unless you lived through it, there's no other era in Bills history that was as magical. They've honestly been a terrible franchise outside of two AFL titles in the mid 60's, one good year in 1980, 1988-1996, 1998-1999. 13 seasons out of 58.

Always finding the silver lining!

1973 and 1974 were pretty exciting. OJ in his prime. A young Joe Ferguson. The Electric Company. Bob Chandler. Ahmad Rashad. And Rich Stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

I was 1 when we made our last SB appearance. 

I also believe we need need to bring back the red 90’s helmets. Never throwback to those and it bugs me.

Awesome.  I was about 30 during that last Super Bowl.  Do you know why the helmets were red?