What Do Young People Think When We Post About 90's Bills Teams

Irv

26 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I must be really old, I remember Jack Kemp, Elbert Dubinion, Charlie Fergerson, Wray Carlton, etc etc.  and that was 60's.  Yes, I attend a few at the old rockpile.   I saw booker edgerson make an INT in the snow against the Bengals to  win....but, really didn't see the play well, even though it was right in front of me.....I saw it at home on TV later, though, as the snow filtering software on the TV camera made it visible....there was so much win blown snow.    Booker was still around sometime in the last decade in some capacity with the Bills I think.

I too attended that game and was screaming at Booker to toss me the ball as he trotted into the end zone!

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

It's one of the many reasons I don't ever want a new stadium.

The old, classic memories, players, and stories will forever swirl around that place (as long as it's standing).

Great post!

1 hour ago, CamDMC said:

23 years old here. When I hear people talk about the good days I get sad thinking that I have no memory of a good Bills team.

I feel for ya.

My dad's generation had the AFL championship years.

I had a few years of the Electric Company, a few very good Chuck Knox teams and then, of course,  the SB years.

My oldest just turned 21 and I know he's got very few good memories of the Bills. I'm a rotten father.

You were born in the Era of the Never Ending Rebuild. I'm sorry.

I feel connected, even though it was before my time as an actual fan. I knew who the guys were, and vaguely remember being in the room with my parents watching the last two Super Bowls, but was far from old enough to actually watch, understand, let alone respect what was going on. I own two Kelly jerseys, three if you include a t-shirt jersey.   The two best QBs of my adult life have been Tyrod Taylor, and Kyle Orton. My earliest memory of watching a Bills game was the Music City Debacle. I think we try to cling to that team, more than we should, simply because that was the last great team that we had

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I never thought for a second that 25 years would pass without another superbowl appearance.  That actually made my head hurt.

Part of getting older ... when I think of that first 1990s Super Bowl appearance, I remember how it seemed like FOREVER since the Super Bowl came into existence (with the Bills never making it). That was Super Bowl 25. We are now playing for Super Bowl 53. In other words, it's been a longer drought than that first one. This does not seem possible to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

They probably can't imagine what it would be like to just have that automatic expectation that the Bills would make the Super Bowl. Back then I just assumed they'd coast to the playoffs and then win every playoff game. When they went down to the Oilers I was genuinely shocked at the prospect of there being a Super Bowl without the Bills. Then they came back and I somehow wasn't as shocked at that.

3 hours ago, CamDMC said:

23 years old here. When I hear people talk about the good days I get sad thinking that I have no memory of a good Bills team.

you have 70 more years to cheer for the Bills, bound to be something in there

we used to actually pay attention to the game to watch football, the TV didn't show the score or the time left or the quarter or the players stats or Gus Frerrotte's fantasy achievements endlessly scrolling along the bottom of the screen, or 100 other game scores constantly rolling by

when your significant other asked how much time is left in that stupid game you would say "5 more minutes" and she'd accept that and come back 30 minutes later, now she can tell how much time remains

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

has football been able to keep the mystique?

i started in the 70s but knew all about Lombardi and Butkus and Night Train

3 NFL films were released every 4 years with Jon Facenda as the "voice of god" to keep us honestly entertained