OBJ = Terrell II

H2o

4 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Culture trumps strategy, right? 

As long as get some undersized, lunch pail boys who work tirelessly at their craft, we're good. 

Why can't we get talented guys that work tirelessly at their craft and support their teammates? Plenty of examples of guys like that around the league.

28 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We know OBJs trajectory, and it's a gold jacket. 

Could his output be different on another team? Absolutely, but I think it's safe to say that a player of his caliber would be pretty damn productive in any system. 

Yup.  No doubt he would have light it up with EJ, Tyrod, and Peterman.

9 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Culture trumps strategy, right? 

As long as get some undersized, lunch pail boys who work tirelessly at their craft, we're good. 

I in no way said undersized and am not even sure what lunch pail boys are.

1 minute ago, Needle said:

Why can't we get talented guys that work tirelessly at their craft and support their teammates? Plenty of examples of guys like that around the league.

I think OBJ works pretty damn hard at being an elite players. 

"Support their teammates"....well, he made it clear that what they're doing isn't good enough. He may of gone a step too far calling out Eli (he is NYG royalty after all). 

Look, I think it's all kind of hysterical. This is a talent driven league. You should collect as many HOF type players as you can, assuming they don't beat up their wives or murder people that look at them weird at a club. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  No doubt he would have light it up with EJ, Tyrod, and Peterman.

Who knows. The whole scenario is fantasyland. 

At the same time, what if you paired him up with Rodgers or Brees? It's reasonable to say that he'd be even better!

As I said, he's trending toward the HOF. I think he'd be a top WR anywhere. 

It's not like the Giants are some amazing situation. They've had coaching, QB and talent issues for years. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The amount of cap space he is taking up, the effect he is having on the locker room and the won/ lost record

Dont see him as a catch.

Bet Gettlemen wishes he had traded him for a couple first rounders and a potential new QB in next years draft.

At this point probably wishes he'd traded him for a case of cheetos and a used paper towel.

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think OBJ works pretty damn hard at being an elite players. 

"Support their teammates"....well, he made it clear that what they're doing isn't good enough. He may of gone a step too far calling out Eli (he is NYG royalty after all). 

Look, I think it's all kind of hysterical. This is a talent driven league. You should collect as many HOF type players as you can, assuming they don't beat up their wives or murder people that look at them weird at a club.

The point is, you call them out man-to-man, in a team meeting, to their face.  What good does it do fluffing up negative press?

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The amount of cap space he is taking up, the effect he is having on the locker room and the won/ lost record

Dont see him as a catch.

Bet Gettlemen wishes he had traded him for a couple first rounders and a potential new QB in next years draft.

Just curious what people thoughts are on Adam Theilen?

11 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This is the biggest crock of BS i have ever heard.

Do you not remember shady's invite for women to send him photos so that he might select who to party with when he arrives?  Or watkins' tweet about the little people?  

Not BS - this is a small town with simple values.  Keep that crap in Dallas or NY or La or Philly.

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

Do you not remember shady's invite for women to send him photos so that he might select who to party with when he arrives?  Or watkins' tweet about the little people?  

Not BS - this is a small town with simple values.  Keep that crap in Dallas or NY or La or Philly.

Watkins tweet about little people was because he went to Disney world with his family and people basically wished catastrophic injury and ill will at his family.

Who cares if McCoy wants to have an all girls party, I sure as hell don't. If you do I suggest maybe stepping back from life a little bit.  

So its ok for fans to be complete dicks to players but not the other way around, so double standard, got it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Keep the hits coming. 

"Small town", "simple values". You  know it's been called one of the more racist cities in the country? 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

7 minutes ago, sleeby said:

It shows you grow up in a different part of Buffalo than me.  I think the term rust belt is insulting and I think every idiot who talked crap on twitter to Watkins is a little person.  I love how a 23 year old football player has to be more mature than 40+ year old adults.

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Just curious what people thoughts are on Adam Theilen?

He works hard.  Real student of the game.  Plays the game the right way.  Real gym rat.

21 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Who knows. The whole scenario is fantasyland. 

At the same time, what if you paired him up with Rodgers or Brees? It's reasonable to say that he'd be even better!

As I said, he's trending toward the HOF. I think he'd be a top WR anywhere. 

It's not like the Giants are some amazing situation. They've had coaching, QB and talent issues for years. 

Eli isn’t great but he gets the ball to his receivers.  Receiver is most dependent position in football.  ODJ would have lost his mind here and no one talk about him being a HOFer.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Needle said:

He's had his incidents off the field. Some of which are being investigated currently. He's called out teammates in the media. He recorded his coach in the locker room and put it on social media. He's not a great guy by any means.

I'll take him over his QB any day of the week.

58 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I am sure that’s true, but plenty of people would support that player wholeheartedly.  And a bunch more of us would do as you said, but still be happy he was producing. Personally I’d be elated to take a Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson and/or OBJ on my team. 

Talented for sure, not a lot of SBs between those guys though.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I agree but wouldn't you have been pissed if you were playing last night and Manning couldn't get the ball to you? That's all I'm saying....I don't care that people are getting on me....I can just understand the frustration

Ya fair enough. It definitely has to be frustrating for him.

I guess I’m saying I don’t feel bad for him as it was his decision to stay there long term. But nevertheless to your point, I can see why he’s frustrated

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

.  ODJ would have lost his mind here and no one talk about him being a HOFer.

Again, it's all fantasyland scenarios, a "hypothesis contrary to fact" fallacy in the flesh. 

All we know for certain is that he blew out the record books for a few years and is on pace for another great season. 

HOF talent existed with OBJ since his rookie year, and the Giants didn't need to get super creative to unleash it.