OBJ = Terrell II

H2o

Like I said before, there is no questioning the guy's talent. He is an elite WR in this league. His maturity, decision making, and attitude are all things within his control. He is lacking in every area. Someone could probably make videos of him and Terrell being side by said saying and doing very similar things as a comparison. The only thing OBJ hasn't done yet is cry about his quarterback. That may come down the road when he is trying to fake emotion for the camera as well. It's not good for a locker room as a whole and people will shortly grow tired of it. Barkley is more mature and more of a leader than he is even as a rookie. That says something imo. 

40 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He left his team on the field and gave up on them (can he hydrate on the sidelines?)

Punching field goal nets, head butting tables on the sideline, ...

This goes beyond arrogance...it borders on Vontae Davis Syndrome

He did go into the locker room one play early to get an IV, if Shurmur is to be believed.  And he was back catching the ball on the Giants first play from scrimmage.  So you are making something out of nothing here. Ditto for your complaints about his meaningless (albeit childish) antics. Get real. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

If one of our guys was on his way to having a HoF career I wouldn’t care that he’s a jerk.

Luckily this staff would never invest heavily in a guy like that. That attitude lingers when it's a star player. I guarantee it has effected the Giants and is ONE of many reasons they are 1-5. Phenomenal talent , terrible teammate and person to build ur culture around.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I played receiver but man, they are the worst.  All about them.  Plus, how many of these elite receivers actually win?  I also blame the media because they devote so much time to a ? like this but ignore guys like AJ Green and Davante Adams. 

Jerry Rice!  Marvin Harrison too. The Rams won in 1999 with Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, both elite high picks. 

Plaxico was definitely elite (#5 overall too), and he was an integral part of the Giants SB victory. Michael Irvin was a key part of three SB teams. Andre Rison was a key player for GB in their SB victory in the 1996 season. And Moss scored what should have been the winning TD against the Giants (plus Brady missed him on the Pats last possession after he beat his man deep - it would have been an 80 yard td.) TO had 9 catches for 122 yards against NE in the SB too, and Philly could have won that game. I mention all of these guys because they were head cases. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I could not agree more. OBJ is an arrogant jerk, but he’s not Ray Lewis or Ben Roethlisberger. He’s full of himself. Imagine that, a highly talented WR with an oversized ego. If he was a Bill no one on this board would care - except for the trolls - and a bunch would wear his jersey. 

Only bills trolls would care about a jerk face, loud mouthed WR in Buffalo?  I think most would be unhappy - in buffalo at least and maybe here as well.

Shady, on his way to buffalo, tried to party with girls and learned a quick lesson before he even got here.  He has not repeated that mistake.

Watkins tried his luck with the prima donna WR tweet one time. . .amd learned his lesson and was then traded.

TO even knew enough to keep it together his short time here and was much appreciated for it - still liked here.

Buffalo is not braggadicio.  We are hard work and get er done rust belt.  Fred Jackson is what works here - not OBJ.

Prove me wrong. . .

Owens was a much better player than OBJ. The Giants are going to really regret that contract. 

I am one of the few that think guys like OBJ and Antonio Brown aren't worth it. I would only give massive contracts to talent + character. I see people argue talent or character all the time but it's a pointless debate. Neither are worth anything without the other.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Needle said:

Owens was a much better player than OBJ. The Giants are going to really regret that contract. 

I am one of the few that think guys like OBJ and Antonio Brown aren't worth it. I would only give massive contracts to talent + character. I see people argue talent or character all the time but it's a pointless debate. Neither are worth anything without the other.

Wait, what's wrong with Antonio Brown's character?  He's been a little distracting a couple of times, but he's not in the same conversation as OBJ.

OBJ is only in his 5th year. When all is said and done, I think he's a HOFer. Time will tell if he's in the upper echelon with Rice and Moss. 

Has everyone forgotten about some of his ridiculous highlight reel plays? All the records he broke in his first few years? He's a generational talent at WR. 

If you are comparing him to TO as a player, they have very different styles. OBJ is far more explosive and is one of the few guys in the league that can take a quick slant to the house, but I think TO was better in the red zone. 

Personality wise, both of them stay out of legal trouble. A good coach can manage egos. Unfortunately, OBJ has a lame duck QB and a coach with the inspirational qualities of a cinder block.

I would take a player of OBJs caliber all freaking day, even with the "headaches"  

Edited by TheElectricCompany

2 hours ago, nucci said:

He has a right to be pissed....signs a long term contract and team doesn't have an O-Line or QB 

They signed a big money LT and drafted the best RB since Adrian Peterson.    Two huge investments to make the offense better.

He has zero right to be pissed, every team has weaknesses-- he needs to grow up and be a man, start acting like a professional and lead through example and character.    

He's chosen to take the huge payday, avoid most of camp, throw tantrums, whine about everything and insult his teammates to the media.

The people who have the right to be pissed are his teammates and the fans.  $18M per year on a $90M contract with $65M guaranteed for a cancer that's getting worse.  God I'm so glad we don't have that guy in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 4

OBJ will always sting. Bills fans know the deal. 

We could have sit pat at #9 in 2014 and picked one of the best WRs of our generation. 
Instead, we move a ton of currency to get Sammy and Benjamin, and neither can hold Beckham's jock strap. 

Allen throws some ducks out there , but you know OBJ could scoop those off the turf with one hand! 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Honestly I'd rather have TO than OBJ... OBJ seems unhinged.

TO had a huge ego and people didn't like he called out McNabb for getting tired in the SB but OBJ is just such a little b*tch.

nt injury before anyone expected him to in order to help his team through the playoffs and SB.

OBJ walked off the field last night so he could get a head start with waxing his mound of Venus...