USA 2, RUS 0

Astrobot

Bill Guerin is a madman

Chris Chelios is an alien

Jason Blake is going to score a big goal in this tourney (unless Wilson scratches him)

Damn you Kasparitus, why aren't you an American?

Afinogenov looks good when he's actually playing for a coach who lets him do more than kill penalties and doesn't ask all 4'11" of him to defend the low slot.

I hope Brett Hull moves back to Canada; they can have him.

I don't need a Rhodes Scholar in the booth but I would prefer somebody with more wit and insight than a houseplant. Who the hell unwired that fool's jaw?

Kalinin looks good as well.

I'd really really really like to have Deadmarsh going into this 3rd period.

Mike Richter wouldn't hurt either.

Bring it home boys, I want another shot at the Canuckleheads!

Oh yeah, and make that 8 of us.....

Bill Guerin is a madman

Chris Chelios is an alien

Jason Blake is going to score a big goal in this tourney (unless Wilson scratches him)

Damn you Kasparitus, why aren't you an American?

Afinogenov looks good when he's actually playing for a coach who lets him do more than kill penalties and doesn't ask all 4'11" of him to defend the low slot.

I hope Brett Hull moves back to Canada; they can have him.

I don't need a Rhodes Scholar in the booth but I would prefer somebody with more wit and insight than a houseplant. Who the hell unwired that fool's jaw?

Kalinin looks good as well.

I'd really really really like to have Deadmarsh going into this 3rd period.

Mike Richter wouldn't hurt either.

Bring it home boys, I want another shot at the Canuckleheads!

Oh yeah, and make that 8 of us.....

21250[/snapback]

Man is Guerin a couple sammiches shy...Dude is an absolute animal. There was a story about him beating the snot out of one of his teammates AFTER swinging his stick at him in PRACTICE. He's not Iverson, apparently.

I know Hully's brother Bart pretty well. Good dude.

Lindy really annoys me with his overcoaching. Nothing like asking guys to do stevestojan they are obviously not capable of.

Deader is a friggin' tough guy. Wish he could stay healthy.

Love Blake. Wish we could have gotten him for Peca instead of the "pillow soft" Connelly.

Is it bad for me to root against Team USA for the sole reason of not wanting to hear Roenick's voice again?

Thank goodness he doesn't show up for the non-US games...

Hey, "JR," -> :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Is it bad for me to root against Team USA for the sole reason of not wanting to hear Roenick's voice again?

Thank goodness he doesn't  show up for the non-US games... 

Hey, "JR," -> :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

21290[/snapback]

Roenick is one of the truly great guys in hockey. I hate the fact he plays for the fuggin' Flyers now.

Great game. Thanx to Kalinin for the big turnover on the 3rdgoal and to Afinogenov for being the wrong man back when Guerin stole the puck and started the rush on the 4th.

If I had seen that damned Kovalchuk bring the puck up one more time, I don't think I could have loosened my sphincter for a week. That boy is just plain frightening.

Another solid outing for Esche. But he's going to have to be better if the US wants to win two more games.

Regardless of who's in the finals, I'm still really annoyed it's not going to be a 3gameseries. What does anybody gain by minimizing the greatest hockey played on this planet?-(

Man is Guerin a couple sammiches shy...Dude is an absolute animal. There was a story about him beating the snot out of one of his teammates AFTER swinging his stick at him in PRACTICE.

I remember that. He two-handed the guy right in the the neck and then put the wood to him again when he was down. I think he also got suspended once for giving somebody splinter-breath during a game. He ain't all there but he'll come in handy in the final if we can sneak past the Finns.

I know Hully's brother Bart pretty well. Good dude.

I'm going to assume Bart had the fortune to miss out on all the loudmouth genes that Brett apparently hoarded.

Lindy really annoys me with his overcoaching. Nothing like asking guys to do stevestojan they are obviously not capable of.

Hey Zhitnik is a great skater and defender. I'm sure if we give him another 1,643 chances he'll be able to run the point on the PP. Besides if he gets too tired we can just use Wooley against opponent's top lines. Now quitcherbitchin while we watch Holzinger takes this face-off!

Love Blake. Wish we could have gotten him for Peca instead of the "pillow soft" Connelly.

Time to break out the antivenin?. Blake attacked the net hard all night and still got robbed with the saveofthegame in the 3rd. I don't know if he's due or d00med.

Roenick is one of the truly great guys in hockey.

He might be a great guy but when he's not right next to you and you can't tell him stfu Jeremy, he's bordering on unbearable. I even thought I've heard Clements take a couple minor potshots at him and that's surprising considering JR is wearing the orange and black.

Yes, you'll have to find one additional reason. Will Ron Wilson do?-)

Cya

I'm going to assume Bart had the fortune to miss out on all the loudmouth genes that Brett apparently hoarded.

Hey Zhitnik is a great skater and defender. I'm sure if we give him another 1,643 chances he'll be able to run the point on the PP. Besides if he gets too tired we can just use Wooley against opponent's top lines. Now quitcherbitchin while we watch Holzinger takes this face-off!

Time to break out the antivenin?. Blake attacked the net hard all night and still got robbed with the saveofthegame in the 3rd. I don't know if he's due or d00med.

He might be a great guy but when he's not right next to you and you can't tell him stfu Jeremy, he's bordering on unbearable. I even thought I've heard Clements take a couple minor potshots at him and that's surprising considering JR is wearing the orange and black.

21363[/snapback]

Funny thing about Bart is growing up he played on a line with Brett and Joe Sakic. No wonder dude decided to play football. Dropped many an adult beverage with him when he did color with the Idaho Steelheads of the then WCHL (now ECHL).

Zhitnik makes me crazy. Nothing better than a guy who has no clue WTF his slapper is going. Hey, maybe if you shoot a little harder. He ought to watch Maddux pitch - it might loosen something in his pea brain. Friggin' Euro.

Blake generally scores in bunches but comes to play every single night.

Thankfully I haven't sat through much of the color provided. J.R. is certainly a better player than he is a talker. One has to ask whether all these head shots are starting to have an effect. You know you're bad when Clement is noticing you talk too damn much. Few say less in more words than he.