So Eli Manning gets a pass but Josh Allen needs to produce NOW??

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I think a lot of people are missing the original point.  They were arguing that Eli did terribly his first season, but a lot of people were willing to give him a pass that season, yet four games in, people are already willing to write Allen off now.

The original post has nothing to do with Eli or the Giants this season.  It was comparing Eli and Allen's first seasons, and how people reacted to them.

I thought they were talking about now.  Takes most rookie qbs some time to get going. Bills have been bad so long its tough to hang in there and have patience but that is what we all need to do.  If people want to feel better by condemning the choice of Allen its fine by me. Whatever floats your boat.  I am happy we at least took a 1st round qb.  That playoff game last year brought back by my Trent Edwards related PTSD

I think Eli Manning has had a fantastic career and is neither overrated nor underrated. He's on a very short list of guys that won two superbowls, and the only to do it against Brady twice.

How a Bills fan, given what we've endured for the last 20 years, can think Eli is anything but Elite is bafffling to me.

27 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I think a lot of people are missing the original point.  They were arguing that Eli did terribly his first season, but a lot of people were willing to give him a pass that season, yet four games in, people are already willing to write Allen off now.

The original post has nothing to do with Eli or the Giants this season.  It was comparing Eli and Allen's first seasons, and how people reacted to them.

It's a nice theory, but since the OP specifically mentioned players who are there this season: " This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass).  " I think you're incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

Well done!!

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a nice theory, but since the OP specifically mentioned players who are there this season: " This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass).  " I think you're incorrect.

Well, the same issue rears its ugly head: what does/did Eli have as a rookie/now vs. Josh Allen.  I gotta say, there’s a huuge difference. 

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

The original post has nothing to do with Eli or the Giants this season It was comparing Eli and Allen's first seasons, and how people reacted to them.

:huh: Might I suggest you read the OP for a 2nd time.  

23 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: Might I suggest you read the OP for a 2nd time.  

I see your point, but this season and Eli’s rookie season are similar: Decent RB, above average WR’s (two) and a serviceable Oline. This is all better than what Jallen is working with. So Eli is cool yet Jallen is bad ?? I don’t buy it. 

Edited by BringBackFergy

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I see your point, but this season and Eli’s rookie season are similar: Decent RB, above average WR’s (two) and a serviceable Oline. This is all better than what Jallen is working with. So Eli is cool yet Jallen is bad ?? I don’t buy it. 

Some people just hold some crazy grudges.  

I dont get it. But I get it.  You can’t help but wonder 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2018 at 9:37 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

How is this connected to Josh Allen in any way? 

“Overwhelming majority” is giving a pass? Eli is getting a lot of heat. 

The way Bills fans think is strange. Always on a crusade to deflect any criticism and lower the bar so they feel better about themselves. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How is this connected to Josh Allen in any way? 

“Overwhelming majority” is giving a pass? Eli is getting a lot of heat. 

The way Bills fans think is strange. Always on a crusade to deflect any criticism and lower the bar so they feel better about themselves. 

Relates to Jallen because....well...it just does. 

Sad

Multiple SB wins and Playoff Wins does that for ya 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:31 AM, CodeMonkey said:

I listened to espn sports radio driving to work today, Eli was definitely not getting a pass ... not in the least. 

Nope, not even close.  I was positive the Giants were going to draft a QB at #2 last year. Their saving grace is that they'll almost certainly get another bite at the apple next draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-players-frustration-with-eli-mannings-deteriorating-play-is-boiling-over/

Sad

Im truly shocked that you think Allen deserves the right to work himself through his rookie year. You and I both know for a fact that Josh is trash and should be replaced by Nate, with Anderson as his backup. Beane and McD are to proud to admit that they missed horribly on this kid and will probably be replaced in the offseason. Pegs and his hot wife have no clue how a real NFL team is supposed to operate. For them, the Bills are just a rich man's toy. We all know that once they tire of this shiny new toy they surely will sell the Bills to the highest bidder, who will ship them to Toronto. I feel bad for those poor canadian fans,  they will be feeling the same pain we Buffalonians have felt for so many long years. Shame on you Fergy, you should know better

If Eli was a Bill and had beaten the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl, I'd give him a pass for the rest of his life.

And every time I got frustrated that he's not that good anymore, I'd look at my commemorative Superbowl XLII and XLVI championship shirts and relax.