So Eli Manning gets a pass but Josh Allen needs to produce NOW??

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The New York media has been up Mannings ass this season. They beefed up the O-line, added the top RB prospect, and they already had a quality pass catchers in Sheppard, Engram, and Odell, yet it is the offense that struggles (Their defense isn't the best but it is far from trash and with a good offense they should be able to compete with a average but certainly not bad defense.)

No one is giving Eli a pass. Stop projecting your concerns about Allen onto a QB who is getting a lot of heat. 

I somehow don't think it was the Giant's offense that gave up 27 points to the Iggles tonight.  7 points, yes.  34 points total, no

Eli got sacked 4x and hit a humondulous amount.  The beef job on the O-line was insufficient it seems.  I believe it was Terry Bradshaw who famously said "it's hard to throw completions when you're sitting on your ass".

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

He is getting crucified in the NY media, old washed up, never played really great except two runs in the playoffs... granted he has a crap line and a number 1 receiver who has a case of the dropsies... talking about Eli here.

16 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I don't know too many people giving Eli a pass. If the rest of the year goes like it has been for him, he's in serious danger of not getting into the HOF. 

Not giving Eli a pass, but he knows how to read a D and make progressions, and tonight what I saw is he was wearing more green than Buddy the Elf.

If I were Eli, I would develop obscure neurological symptoms that would require me to go on IR the rest of the season, pray the G-men cut me, then sell my services next season to the QB-needy team with the best OL.

Or retire and pay for intensive physical therapy with my millions.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

How is sitting him considered producing now?

it would seem that those who want him to sit want him to watch and learn and not produce now.

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sad

Who is giving Manning a pass? He's getting trashed by media and teammates. Your comparison is ridiculous

Who is giving Manning a pass? I’m pretty sure I’ve heard multiple media personal and fans as well say that even tho Barkley has been lights out the Giants might have dropped the ball by not taking a QB. And I understand everyone doesn’t want to admit that a lot of the offenses problems are on Josh Allen but they are. He is a rookie he has a lot to work on it’s ok that he sucks right now. It’s ok that he can’t read the field doesn’t know which routes are best to beat what coverage or doesn’t even know what coverage is in place he will and if he doesn’t then it won’t even matter if he fixes his footwork or we get better players so people need to relax. No players are going to fix Josh allens problems besides Josh Allen....yeah if our team was stacked with the giants talent would we be better of course but Josh Allen will still play the same 

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You’re missing the point. Guys need to chill out. Give Josh Allen OBJackass, Shepherd and a real TE and he might actually shut some people up. 

Eli won two Suoer Bowls so that proves Allen is a great QBs????

Edited by row_33

Eli is finished.  The dude is playing scared.  Every time he drops back to pass he craps his pants.  Stick a fork in him.

Josh will be fine...he needs to learn and have more talent put around him.

Edited by Azucho98

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sad

I thoroughly enjoy when you're the big wooden spoon, Fergy!

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Gettleman took a calculated risk that Eli would return to form if their FO passed on a QB with the 2nd overall pick this year—problem is that Eli has mobility on par with my 2.5 week old and not even TB12 booster shakes will help that anymore. Realistically how much can he have left before retirement? Wonder what the Giants fan forums are looking like these days? 

Not much.  Like the song goes   You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em.   

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not giving Eli a pass, but he knows how to read a D and make progressions, and tonight what I saw is he was wearing more green than Buddy the Elf.

If I were Eli, I would develop obscure neurological symptoms that would require me to go on IR the rest of the season, pray the G-men cut me, then sell my services next season to the QB-needy team with the best OL.

Or retire and pay for intensive physical therapy with my millions.

Reading a defense and make progressions is great.  But when you can't deliver the ball.   Its not going to work.  

Joe Montana clung on to playing in KC and the one thing I clearly remember from that time,  was him getting sacked by Bruce Smith in a playoff game lying on the ground dazed and confused.    Go out on top and not looking like a man lost.  

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Eli won two Suoer Bowls so that proves Allen is a great QBs????

NE lost to Nick Foles,  a backup QB.    

Things happen 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Eli is finished.  The dude is playing scared.  Every time he drops back to pass he craps his pants.  Stick a fork in him.

Josh will be fine...he needs to learn and have more talent put around him.

True, but his O-line may be worse than the Bills

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not much.  Like the song goes   You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em.   

Reading a defense and make progressions is great.  But when you can't deliver the ball.   Its not going to work.  

Joe Montana clung on to playing in KC and the one thing I clearly remember from that time,  was him getting sacked by Bruce Smith in a playoff game lying on the ground dazed and confused.   The last play of his career.    Go out on top and not looking like a man lost.  

NE lost to Nick Foles,  a backup QB.    

Things happen 

That was not the last play of Montana's career.   He returned for the 1994 season.