So Eli Manning gets a pass but Josh Allen needs to produce NOW??

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Funny how Eli Manning can look like absolute trash and the overwhelming majority give him a pass. This is despite his having a solid TE, Shepherd and the highest paid WR in the league (OBJackass). 

Yet, Josh Allen has a mishmash of WR’s, a suspect line and is starting his FOURTH game and some of the experts think he should sit. 

Sad

What they both have in common is a bad OL. Where that differs is the Giants tried to fix theirs with the high priced Solder and the 34th pick in the draft.

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sad

Eli should have retired 2 years ago 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, YodaMan79 said:

He can thank David Tyree and Mario Manningham for not being run out of NY 10 years ago.  He's never passed the eye test of being elite.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  

Can NOT STAND PEYTON LIGHT!!! But he and Josh shouldn't be compared. Let's do.... Allen v Rosen or something else. 

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sad

That you believe there's any parallel here is, yeah, kind of sad.

Thinking Allen should sit isn't saying he's going to be awful. It means he's not yet ready. There's no way to argue in any fashion that Eli is not yet ready.

6 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

He can thank David Tyree and Mario Manningham for not being run out of NY 10 years ago.  He's never passed the eye test of being elite.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  

No, he's not elite. Never has been. Has never claimed to be.

Yes, he's been a top ten QB for most of his career after the first four and half years, though he's also had some bad years when he tried to take the whole team on his shoulders. But he's never been that guy.

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, he's not elite. Never has been. Has never claimed to be.

Yes, he's been a top ten QB for most of his career after the first four and half years, though he's also had some bad years when he tried to take the whole team on his shoulders. But he's never been that guy.

A few months ago I was listening to Bart Scott assert that when the Giants paid Eli everything changed. Too much money tied up in a guy that couldn't make up for the guys that would inevitably have to leave because they couldn't get paid.

40 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sad

I thought in game threads weren't allowed.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

A few months ago I was listening to Bart Scott assert that when the Giants paid Eli everything changed. Too much money tied up in a guy that couldn't make up for the guys that would inevitably have to leave because they couldn't get paid.

I'd disagree with that, personally. He's had a long career, and he's been paid for most of it after the first contract.

It's somewhat true of every high-paid QB. But I wouldn't say it's more true of Eli than of any other.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's a much better playoff QB.

Very inconsistent regular season guy. 

I somewhat agree. But I'd say that the reason he's been a good playoff QB is because when they made the playoffs they had a good team and he was having a good year. He is up and down but it's more season to season, than game to game, IMHO.