Cap Room Analysis requested

15 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am too lazy to do this.  But most of us are putting a lot of stock into the cap room if we have next year.  If you were to 90 million of cap room for this past free agency season, what would have been the optimal way to spend that, based on the actual contracts players signed in the 2018 free agency season (assume any signed player would have been willing to come to Buffalo for the same price).  What would we have gotten on the shopping spree? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2018/ufa/

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

I would of signed Bell, Mack, Cooks, Laundry, Hubbard, EJ Gaines, Paradis and Norwell. That puts me between 83-85 mil. If that's to tight I drop Bell to gain the 15 I paid him in my scenario. 

you forgot you have to pay your rookies, too

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Using your example (going into next year) i will take a swing. Last year doesn’t matter to me anymore:

- Ja’Wuan James $9m

- Roger Saffold $8m

- Brett Jones $6m

- Golden Tate $13M

- Robby Anderson $7M

- Bradley Roby $10M

I don’t know how realistic that is but think it’s a decent first pass.

I would be very angry if we spent that money on Golden Tate and Robby Anderson. Id rather spend that money on OL and DL and draft WRs in the first 3 rounds. 

16 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

i'm against a star WR. give me two moderately productive WRs. star WRs get shut down. 

I need a better d lineman

o line, o line, o line. 

Im liking the way the Bears did it.

You biuld your team through the draft anyway......if you draft well your free agents will end up looking fantastic because the core is good.