Look for Hughes and Murphy to come up big.

GreggTX

We all know that our own OL is a wreck, but Houston's 2 starting OT's are playing very poorly right now. Look for Hughes and Lawson to have big games on Sunday. The problem for Buffalo will be the Houston run defense. They will have to rely on Allen and  weak receiving corps to get anything done. Fortunately, The Texans' secondary is riddled with injuries, so maybe Allen can put together a solid game. Then again, Mills will be blocking JJ Watt. That scares me.

Mills has handled Watt before. Doesn't mean it'll pan out this time, but each team has the same mismatch: OL v. the other team's DL. It'll be a question of which QB can beat the pass rush, and I like our secondary over their's, should Tre's ankle prove to be a non-factor.

My worry is Allen getting the ball out in time to avoid Watt and Clowney on those pressures - if we can't establish a run game to keep the defense honest, we're looking at another Titans game. Add in Watson's unknown injury status and it may end up being quite the slop fest.

Edited by ctk232

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Look for Watt and Clowney to come up big.  Fixed it for you, unfortunately.

Our dline should do just as well against their oline. Everyone is underestimating Hughes and Zo this year, they have been dominant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Look for Watt and Clowney to come up big.  Fixed it for you, unfortunately.

Hughes and Lorax are playing as good as any combo right now,as far as  getting pressure. They got the bigger names but our DL is shaping up to be something else.

We have the luxury of having Lorax and Shaq play de or dt , Murphy is producing, Hughes is playing outta his mind. Jordan Phillips played with great energy and effort, looks to be a great addition . We got a deep DL here

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

Mills has handled Watt before. Doesn't mean it'll pan out this time, but each team has the same mismatch: OL v. the other team's DL. It'll be a question of which QB can beat the pass rush, and I like our secondary over their's, should Tre's ankle prove to be a non-factor.

My worry is Allen getting the ball out in time to avoid Watt and Clowney on those pressures - if we can't establish a run game to keep the defense honest, we're looking at another Titans game. Add in Watson's unknown injury status and it may end up being quite the slop fest.

wait..what?   i do remember cyril richarsds(son)  giving him the macho man elbow ..which was way cool, but i don't  remember the mills thing.  mills is gonna get eaten alive. we need to go with the sirles 6 man line thing. run the ball....

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

Actually the run game is what saves our bacon against the titans... No run game, not the same as titans. 

11 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

wait..what?   i do remember cyril richarsds(son)  giving him the macho man elbow ..which was way cool, but i don't  remember the mills thing.  mills is gonna get eaten alive. we need to go with the sirles 6 man line thing. run the ball....

Last time we played them under Rex a couple of years back Watt had zero pressures all day. We won late on a TD to Clay. 

• Like (+1) 1

x5a7mmhxyd7p2nywiwxc.jpg

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/how-shaq-lawson-bought-in-and-renewed-his-commitment

In the 2018 offseason the defensive lineman got in the best shape of his life. He got his body fat percentage to an all-time low and dropped 15 pounds before reporting to training camp. A strong preseason followed.

His renewed commitment to the sport he loves and the teammates and coaches he respects reached critical mass last week.

In an effort to honor a friend while not interrupting his preparation for the Titans, Lawson’s professionalism reached a new level.

And it's showing 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Last time we played them under Rex a couple of years back Watt had zero pressures all day. We won late on a TD to Clay. 

i wish i could find a clip of this play that i mentioned.  it was under marrone e.j. vs. fitz.  watt was laying on his back and cyril went macho man on him with the elbow drop.

coolest play ever by an olineman. maybe it was more like greg the hammer valentine.  wish i could find it.