How Shaq Lawson Bought In and Renewed His Commitment

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

He's rounding into form just as his rookie contract approaches its end.  So a guy can tank it for a couple of years, then find religion and improve a lot in order to cash in on free agency.  

or...he's a young kid that has been thrown millions of dollars to play a game and is now maturing and realizing what it takes to separate from the rest of the pack. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

He was on my son's flight out of Buffalo to CLT Sunday after the game

Back to Charlotte?

It's commendable that he showed the loyalty to a former teammate/friend to be there for the funeral........but fwiw one of the knocks on Lawson the past two seasons has been his Wooderson-esque attraction to his previous football stop.    His rep is that he would find any reason to go back to Clemson.    

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Back to Charlotte?

It's commendable that he showed the loyalty to a former teammate/friend to be there for the funeral........but fwiw one of the knocks on Lawson the past two seasons has been his Wooderson-esque attraction to his previous football stop.    His rep is that he would find any reason to go back to Clemson.    

Yeah - assume that he was on his way back for the service.

image.png.f938725748053b7ad93fd93c37f05959.png

Note - Fred Jackson was also on the flight and my son got a pic with him too :thumbsup:

Shaq Lawson College educated issues the following shining and eloquent beacon of the english language:

‘”Man, Jordan Phillips bring that dog. Like, we got dogs on d-line, but man, Jordan made it more of a dog. All of us dogs but he’s got the hype, he gets you crunk, he refuse to get beat,” Lawson said after playing with Phillips for just one game. “You like that on the d-line. He’s nasty about it. So when I line up on the field out there I be feeling that energy. Because I got juice but he make me feel more juiced.”‘

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yeah - assume that he was on his way back for the service.

image.png.f938725748053b7ad93fd93c37f05959.png

Note - Fred Jackson was also on the flight and my son got a pic with him too :thumbsup:

No, the service took place during the Bills game on Sunday.

Monday was an off-day.

He probably got back for Tuesday practice.

Lawson is playing well.  People keep saying they moved him to DT. Not true.  They have played him at DE in some 3-4 looks that aligns him between the G/OT.  It's a nice change because he plays the run well and allows Lorax/Hughes to rush from a 2 pt stance.  He has also played ok as a traditional 4-3 DE.  Still limited pass rush but more stout at DE than PED Murhpy.  Most long runs given up this year were to the defensive right side - Hughes and Yarbrough

9 hours ago, Steptide said:

Lawson has gone through a few coaching changes and coordinators. I'm sure to some degree this affected his play. That being said, it's time for him to show his potential 

yep, Rex tried his best to ruin his career and almost got there, fortunately the trickeration Rex defense is gone and an attacking defense is in.  as Shaq says , just go be "dogs" and attack.  most of these young kids its all they know, so go with it.   its just football.  trust the McBeanes.   added Taron Johnson in the 3rd round, plus now the two Phillipses; trust it.. these guys know what they are doing...  8&8 out

Edited by ProcessTruster

The problem is that too many people assume because he was drafted in round 1 that it meant he's automatically supposed to be a great pass rusher.  HE's more a solid all around type guy, plays the run well, gets some pressure in the pass rush, they can move him inside, and such.  

12 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

I thought he was playing pretty good ?

Ya but then some people can’t complain about him 

7 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

he was first round pick at 19th... i dont think he contributes more than McCoy... we get 2nd round pick form eagles, we will have at best zay jones (2nd round pick in 2017).  KEEP MCCOY.  I DONT TRUST FRONT OFFICE.

This is some of the worst logic I ever seen

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Well 2 head coaches and 3 defensive coordinators I think....ans 2 different systems but who's counting. 

Technically 3 head coaches...................... Anthony Lynn ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:53 AM, ProcessTruster said:

yep, Rex tried his best to ruin his career and almost got there, fortunately the trickeration Rex defense is gone and an attacking defense is in.  as Shaq says , just go be "dogs" and attack.  most of these young kids its all they know, so go with it.   its just football.  trust the McBeanes.   added Taron Johnson in the 3rd round, plus now the two Phillipses; trust it.. these guys know what they are doing...  8&8 out

Dude are you really blaming Lawsons career strugglss on rex ryan? Lawson just isnt that good. Hes a servicable back up. Hes not a good pass rusher.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:44 AM, Dat said:

Technically 3 head coaches...................... Anthony Lynn ?

Alynn was the best OC we had in recent memory. Not counting mcdaboll yet