No Free Agent Wide Receivers?

jtothebrown

43 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I doubt they are counting on Ray Ray

I'm guessing Daboll wants to make him into one of those little Patriot receivers - a Welker-Amendola-Edelman type.  We saw it a little last week, and I'm looking for more of it Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ctk232 said:

No FA WR worth his salt will sign with the Bills this season if they are looking to make the playoffs. Nor do we really need to make any mid-season moves for any. Despite the current state of our corps, it's not like we're contending for a berth this year so why waste money on a WR that likely won't even fit the system/culture? We may have some more leverage in FA with our increased cap, but still risk overpaying for top talent. To be honest, Funchess is about the only WR I'd offer from this upcoming pool, but it's likely he stays put. We'll more than likely fill out our corps with second rate receivers with good fundamentals.

I'd rather we put our draft capital to work here for our top WR in the 2nd to start to provide a WR corps of the future. Use this to gain momentum and attraction for other elite talent. 

Frankly, if they don't want to be part of the build and future process, then fine.

Canning Benjamin and signing funchess would be I Ron Ic

9 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

So many of us have been wondering why we havent signed any semi-notable wr's this year with the obvious need for help in that department.

I recently spoke to a very reliable source today that told me why! The Dez Bryants, Maclins, etc have turned us down. We go through the scrap heaps for a reason. 

Make the best offer and they will come. Make a lower offer and they won't.

That's how 95% of players make their minds up about contracts. It's only when the offers are more or less equal that other things come, for most guys.

23 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Why don't the Bills go get Rishard Matthews? Is he injured or something?

Cause he had 2 pretty productive years prior in Tennesee

Supposedly he and the Bills WR coach hate each other. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wait until ‘19 when we have 80 million + in cap room.  They’ll be lining up to come to Buffalo.  Money talks.

Lining up to be coached by who?... We had two solid WR's in Woods and Watkins... -Didn't get us anywhere.

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Not worth it at all- and I dont think any other teams have interest because he is in massive decline.

Coupled with the fact that most teams feel, and probably rightfully so, they have a viable wr Corp. You would be hard pressed to find a team with this kind of wr room. ZAY JONES is our best wr. Wow

43 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Can we just all agree the Watkins trade was not worth it? This was how it was pre Watkins/after Stevie. No WR talent. How do you obtain it? The draft, because generally talented WRs don’t hit FA. 

I disliked letting Woods go even more.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Coupled with the fact that most teams feel, and probably rightfully so, they have a viable wr Corp. You would be hard pressed to find a team with this kind of wr room. ZAY JONES is our best wr. Wow

The only team I can think of early on that had a weak WR Corps was NE and they didnt even kick the tires on Maclin!

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I disliked letting Woods go even more.

One of the most boneheaded non signings in recent memory. Great blocker and decent hads for a #3.

Allen could have used him well. Plus the fact he is under a extremely cap friendly contract.

Good for Robert woods making a bit of noise out West. 

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

One of the most boneheaded non signings in recent memory. Great blocker and decent hads for a #3.

Allen could have used him well. Plus the fact he is under a extremely cap friendly contract.

For sure- good guy too. I am happy for him. Plus he is a USC guy so Woods is back home. 

5 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

...did you EVER think that $8 mil a year, $15 mil guaranteed would be a ridiculous OVERPAYMENT for a WR ala Woods?.....the absurd market explosion is more of "desperation junction" versus paying for performance.....same for QB spot....Cousins @ $87 mil guaranteed?....hell, Willie Sutton is envious of that LEGAL heist IMO.............

On 10/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, zow2 said:

I get that none of the big names want to be in Buf.   Still kinda shake my head that the team released guys like O'Leary and Rod Streater.  Not that our record would we any better, but the team desperately needs some possession receivers on the field.  Those guys knew the system and could have contributed more than Robert Foster, Logan Thomas, etc..., Right?!?

O'Leary was outplayed by Croom and Streater dropped passes all summer, he never got back into the shape he was in before his injury. 

On 10/11/2018 at 3:08 PM, Soda Popinski said:

It's too late for that this season, it would take a WR a few weeks to get up to speed with the offense, and I'm not sure adding a WR is going to do much with a rookie QB.    

never give up hope. Maybe PS is the best resource at this point though, considering Allen and familiarity ?

On 10/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, YodaMan79 said:

Maclin is a true pro.  I think we need that here.  He can't be asking for too much...* Just read he wants no part of the team.

Problem is, having a lot of cap room is great, but, a curse too.  Most good/great players don't hit free agency and those that do have an *.  The Bills don't have a core group of young talent worth re-upping now.  

It's bad enough that Buffalo has to overpay to get FA talent to consider playing there.

Maybe that is not the method McBeanes plan.

Build thought the draft. Let Allen develop along with his own " generation ".
fill in some gaps with Fa.  But at some point they might well need to pay. if the right player shakes free come offseason.
Hopefully next draft is focused Offense and hard,

plus Fa for that line.

i also do not care who supposedly does not want to come to Buffalo.

I think this is more a myth being regurgitated than our ability to bring in folks for a looksee.