My personal vow regarding Josh Allen: Who is with me

Like A Mofo

I agree that I don't want to make any judgement too early buttttt

The Bills drafted Josh Allen with the 7th overall pick who many considered the biggest project with all the right tools.

And for the year they surround their first QB taken this high in the history of the franchise with no WRs, a bad offensive line, no veteran QB to mentor him, and a QB coach who doesn't have a history with young QBs. LOL 

3 hours ago, teef said:

is this legally binding?

i am with you though.  we all knew there was going to be a small group that makes the most noise when it comes to being upset about allen.  he's on the bills now, so i'm cheering for him, and will give him time to develop.  it may not work out, but since this is not the plan, i'm hoping for the best.

Nailed it.....Is this what the young people say?

4 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I'm with you. He's 2-2 in games started FFS. Has he looked great no but he's learning every game. The Bills have played 5 teams that the experts predicted would be in the playoffs this year and now have 2 winnable games that could make them 4-3 for MNF and the Pats.  Nice post OP!

I'm with Mofo and Degenerative Mike..........except if we are going to keep an open mind we don't need to manufacture real-time excuse narratives like "he's learning every game" when we don't know if that's really the case.   Just gotta' be OK with the unknown this season.    

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm with Mofo and Degenerative Mike..........except if we are going to keep an open mind we don't need to manufacture real-time excuse narratives like "he's learning every game" when we don't know if that's really the case.   Just gotta' be OK with the unknown this season.    

Fair enough.

4 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Can anyone recall in recent memory a rookie QB that got benched and then came back and was good?

If Allen gets benched, I think we need to consider another QB next year.

Won't happen.   Whaley was all in on EJ Manuel.....both gone now.   Bean and McD are all in on Allen...if Allen doesn't make it, Bean and McD will be gone.  So, Allen will get all the days Bean and McD have to give him....maybe 3 more years.  Then, if things are still bad....adious Amigos

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I want to and I think I will give him 2 years.  But as someone who I think was extremely flawed and picked by a regime that makes a lot of bad offensive decisions, it’s hard to blindly trust them.

i hate this feeling.  But as someone who supported EJ, JP, and Trent until the end and overlooked many warning signs, when is it enough time?

Why two years?

Thinking you have a QB to then pass on a better prospect, is way worse than admitting the mistake and taking another QB.

How many years can we go with saying we have a QB, when we really don't?

Allen right now is projecting to be one of the worst passing QBs to play the game, in the pass happy era.

5 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Dear Social Media and message board watchers,

I as a Buffalo Bills fan will refrain from making a definitive conclusion as to Josh Allen and if he 'is the answer' at QB for the long term for the Buffalo Bills for the rest of the season. After reviewing mine and other opinions over the weeks, I realize that the knee jerk reactions are not needed during this time. I will allow time for Josh to develop. I will stay even keel if Allen has a great game or a bad game in 2018. I will tell myself over and over that 2019 will bring in an infusion of talent which can help the young signal caller. I will remind myself that quarterbacks can take different amounts of time to develop.

I sign off on this vow the rest of the year, for my betterment as a fan of this team. Who is with me?

Signed,

Like A Mofo

No, it is best to agonize about this play by play then game to game.  By default Bills fans are irrational so trying to be logical just will not work.

Signed with affection (possibly confused with irritation and frustration),

BuffaloBill

38 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Why two years?

Thinking you have a QB to then pass on a better prospect, is way worse than admitting the mistake and taking another QB.

How many years can we go with saying we have a QB, when we really don't?

Allen right now is projecting to be one of the worst passing QBs to play the game, in the pass happy era.

God your takes are aweful

5 games into a rookie season

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agreed.  Everyone should have known this was going to be a frustrating year.  No point in getting too high or too low about his or the team's performance any given week.  We will know more by the end of the year, and there will hopefully be some entertaining football in the interim.  

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

Agreed.  Everyone should have known this was going to be a frustrating year.  No point in getting too high or too low about his or the team's performance any given week.  We will know more by the end of the year, and there will hopefully be some entertaining football in the interim.  

This is really what I dont understand

Did ppl really think that a raw rookie QB was going to overcome the lack of talent on this offense.....I mean....REALLY?