My personal vow regarding Josh Allen: Who is with me

Like A Mofo

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I don't think we'll know anything for sure until 2020 to be honest.   I can't sit here and say confidently that in the offseason we will get better OL and better WRs.    We may roll with what we have on the line as long as castillo is here for all I know.   

I can't judge Allen until he's had significant time in the saddle with WRs who can get open and catch and a line that can pickup a blitz.   

Unless we surround him with a good OL and playmakers in the offseason and he comes out and goes 16-0 while winning mvp!!  At that point, I’ll be sure he’s our QB of the future 

?

I want to and I think I will give him 2 years.  But as someone who I think was extremely flawed and picked by a regime that makes a lot of bad offensive decisions, it’s hard to blindly trust them.

i hate this feeling.  But as someone who supported EJ, JP, and Trent until the end and overlooked many warning signs, when is it enough time?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Dear Social Media and message board watchers,

I as a Buffalo Bills fan will refrain from making a definitive conclusion as to Josh Allen and if he 'is the answer' at QB for the long term for the Buffalo Bills for the rest of the season. After reviewing mine and other opinions over the weeks, I realize that the knee jerk reactions are not needed during this time. I will allow time for Josh to develop. I will stay even keel if Allen has a great game or a bad game in 2018. I will tell myself over and over that 2019 will bring in an infusion of talent which can help the young signal caller. I will remind myself that quarterbacks can take different amounts of time to develop.

I sign off on this vow the rest of the year, for my betterment as a fan of this team. Who is with me?

Signed,

Like A Mofo

Been there.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with the vow or whatever.  Just show me a few highlight reel plays before the end of the season that are from passing.  That's all I ask.  I don't want his best plays to be running because that's not sustainable or showing NFL QB development.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm fine with the vow or whatever.  Just show me a few highlight reel plays before the end of the season that are from passing.  That's all I ask.  I don't want his best plays to be running because that's not sustainable or showing NFL QB development.

Agreed.....

Although he would already have some if Kelvin Benjamin could hang onto a fricken ball

What he he dropped like 3 TD's so far?

Unfortunately, the ones we REALLY need to abide by this "contract" won't read the thread, won't agree, or will simply just continue bashing him every time he throws an errant pass (or throws a completion that was "too low", or gets sacked, or smiles, or inhales, etc.)

I’m with ya.  I didn’t want Josh Allen.  Hated the pick at the time.  Loving the pick after a the Viking games. Hated the pick after watching him play at a Lambeau.    It’s a week to week love hate that I realize will take a few years to materialize if (if he materializes).  His accuracy issues that were caused by his footwork still exist.  He has major issues reading the defense and pulling the trigger on time.  He’s constantly

late to rip it and early to run. 3 issues that he will have to fix in order to become our QB for the next 15 years.  

My greatest hope is that they get him the proper help in the coaching room.  Culley is uninspiring.  Adding Anderson was a. I brainer and a great move.  He needs more experienced voices in his ears and his head.  The talent should come next season.  We have enough money and picks to surround him with a solid OL and have a plethora of playmakers.  

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Unfortunately, the ones we REALLY need to abide by this "contract" won't read the thread, won't agree, or will simply just continue bashing him every time he throws an errant pass (or throws a completion that was "too low", or gets sacked, or smiles, or inhales, etc.)

Dont forget when he sits on the sideline by himself....and not bring up the rest of the time he is pumping up his team mates.....

Like the young man as a person, a competitor and a leader... seems to check the boxes here. But I didn't want him because of the lengthy history of players with lifelong, uncorrected and uncorrectable flaws, specifically the accuracy and the ability to read defenses, which leads to both inaccuracy and indecisiveness imo. You can practice it in shorts all day long because you are focused 100% on mechanics and footwork and not someone running at your to kill you. But the corrections don't take in the games when live bullets are flying. There is a litany of physical specimens that coaches and GMs have arrogantly felt like they could fix because they fell in love with the tools. Allen's flaws were so deep that selecting him because of an incorrect perception that his ceiling was higher than Rosen's (those were the two options at 7) floor is egregiously arrogant and going to cost both of these guys their jobs in the long run, unless they have the balls to double-down and draft a QB each year and strike gold. I wanted to see 4 games to make a call and I've seen enough to mail it in. He's OK when he has time, but this league isn't one where you have time, you have to be good moving around and he's not, his errors get magnified when he's moving. 

I will say this is a case where I'd love to be wrong. Completely. But we've seen enough flawed QBs in the post-Kelly era to know that despite coaches stating otherwise, the flaws were never fixable.

The fact of the matter is that if he lights it up this weekend, everyone who supported him starts a thread that says "where all my josh allen haters at now!" and the josh allen haters say it's a fluke. And then when Allen sucks the next week, the haters start threads that say "where all my josh allen supporter at now!" and the josh allen lovers say it was the o-lines fault. no one wins. 

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

You really think Anderson is the guy to do that? And be the barometer for which Allen acclimatizes to the league? Derek Anderson? That bodes well. Better yet, what does Anderson starting and playing this year do for the team? To extend the logic of your point, if Allen is too psychologically frail to not gain experience and build from the rest of this year as our starter, than he isn't our future anyway. I personally don't believe this, but it's equally true given the logic of "psychological frailty." 

Playing Anderson this year over Allen sends two real messages, regardless of how they are perceived: 1. Allen isn't ready. This isn't good or bad, it's just a consequential fact of starting Anderson. That has impact on more than just Allen and his psychological state. It affects the entire team's hope for the future, the FO's hope for the future, and the entire franchise. 2. We're trying to win this year. Which is hilarious because if anyone thinks Anderson will take us back to the playoffs this year, they are sorely mistaken. Anderson isn't going to be the long term solution, so let him be the vet QB on the sidelines like everyone else on this board wanted, instead of a new QB coach to do all the things we signed Anderson for.

Clearly he wouldn't be my number one or even 20 choice but he is better than Peterman.  Man been in the league long enough, mediocre QB to be of value. but give me a better alternative.

No when i said psychologically frail  referring to if he gets all bent out os shape by being benched.

And

1) I agree, Allen isnt ready, stating the borederline obvi0ous, so be it. He is nowhere near a polished product.

2) No tnecesassarily, maybe they are just no trying to get Allen killed, let Anderson take the hits.

Anyone who is not on board with the OP is a moron in my book.  A project QB from a small school with 4 games under his belt with a possibly historically bad group of o-linemen and receivers.  He's looked about as good as could be expected given the circumstances. 

I assume we'll upgrade the offense in the offseason so we should start to see some real progression on his part by midseason in 2019.  If not, then I'll probably start to question.  But as it stands now, I'm planning on keeping my mouth shut regarding any final conclusion on Allen for the next two years.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Clearly he wouldn't be my number one or even 20 choice but he is better than Peterman.  Man been in the league long enough, mediocre QB to be of value. but give me a better alternative.

No when i said psychologically frail  referring to if he gets all bent out os shape by being benched.

And

1) I agree, Allen isnt ready, stating the borederline obvi0ous, so be it. He is nowhere near a polished product.

2) No tnecesassarily, maybe they are just no trying to get Allen killed, let Anderson take the hits.

Allen can likely handle either scenario psychologically imho, whether he's benched or playing. The only reason I would bench him is to prevent injury, but our OL has been doing a decent job of protecting him on Sunday, and god forbid, as long as they stay consistent I'd prefer Allen starting the rest of the season. Regardless of his performance, experience is experience, just hope he's an experiential learner and not an observational learner in that regard. Starting Anderson for any other reason just frankly wouldn't make sense from what the FO has stated we are looking to accomplish.

That being said, absolutely better than Peterman. I just want them to get rid of Culley and bring in someone who can actually do the job here.

JA needs to stop playing timid in the pocket and start slinging it like he can.  He's too worried about making the perfect read, perfect pass.. 

You watch, in about a week or two Chad Kelly will replace Case Keenum and he will not hold back.  I'd rather have a gunslinger than a guy that's trying to be mechanical and overthinking everything..

2 hours ago, Augie said:

But please don’t take it to JeffIsMagic levels. PLEASE! I don’t care if you are 100% correct and the rest of the world is wrong....you CAN carry the Crusade too far!  

Opinions are fine, pretending they are facts is annoying. 

Lol very true I’m just saying the OP is saying he is gonna stop posting his knee jerk reactions I on the other hand don’t do that I am even keeled with Buffalo n josh Allen this year but I’m just telling him he shouldn’t not do what he has to to get through his season lol