My personal vow regarding Josh Allen: Who is with me

Like A Mofo

8 minutes ago, teef said:

of course some aren't totally getting the idea of the op.  i don't think he's suggesting that no one gives an opinion on allen.  he just hopes the mouth breathers who just swear he's a bust after a handful of games tone it down a notch, and realize that qbs can develop.  not too hard to get...right?

DING DING  DING DING  DING DING  DING DING !!!! 

But you know teef

HGH! 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

DING DING  DING DING  DING DING  DING DING !!!! 

But you know teef

HGH! 

some people get very threatened when they think their right to B word on a message board is being threatened.  anyone with some reading comprehension skills should be able to understand this.  at the end of the day if people want to complain, go nuts.  i just would assume most reasonable people would give it more than half a rookie season before calling him a bust.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Me, just now.

was it on a t-shirt?  

• Like (+1) 1

I figure he'll get 3 years to prove himself at least. I'm willing to give him that. Lord knows I've jumped the gun on young players before, good and bad.

It's no secret how I felt about him as a prospect but you might notice that I'm not spending my days screaming about every negative play.

• Like (+1) 1

I will meet you half way.  I promise not get too low when our rookie QB makes rookie mistakes, even when they cost us wins.  However...

When Josh Allen lights it up and carries our team on his back to victory, I am going to lose my s#!+ with joy and declare Josh the saviour that the prophets have talked about.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I will meet you half way.  I promise not get too low when our rookie QB makes rookie mistakes, even when they cost us wins.  However...

When Josh Allen lights it up and carries our team on his back to victory, I am going to lose my s#!+ with joy and declare Josh the saviour that the prophets have talked about.

Sounds reasonable, we cant have that here

51 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What i realize is you have poor reading comprehension/cognitive skills.

Letting him play now behind that line he has an excellent change of getting hurt, i dont see as taking a beating is great for his long term development.  If Anderson is better he should be benched.  If, as I wrote, Allen loses his self confidence because of the benching (that is what i was rerferring to as pscyholoigcally frail), then he likely is not our future.

I also realize i accidentally recommended.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my reading skills....you may have meant it in a way that you are not stating it?

You are saying he should be pulled because he might be to mentally fragile to handle getting the crap beat out of him his rookie season and we should put in the vet (who honestly was not very good)

First of all.....the rookie has shown to be anything but mentally fragile in his football career.....being told no everywhere he went....the whole 1000 letters to colleges thing.....then getting the crap kicked out of him at Univ of Wyoming.  

Second....pulling him will only take away reps from him at this point in favor of a team that is also not very good.....so what would be the point of that....let him take his lumps and get him help next season...the vet qb we just signed was someone to be a buffer for him on the sideline, in practice, and in the QB room.....it really is that simple.

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Sounds reasonable, we cant have that here

Honestly this is exactly what I expect out of the QB this year...there will be hills and valleys

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Dear Social Media and message board watchers,

I as a Buffalo Bills fan will refrain from making a definitive conclusion as to Josh Allen and if he 'is the answer' at QB for the long term for the Buffalo Bills for the rest of the season. After reviewing mine and other opinions over the weeks, I realize that the knee jerk reactions are not needed during this time. I will allow time for Josh to develop. I will stay even keel if Allen has a great game or a bad game in 2018. I will tell myself over and over that 2019 will bring in an infusion of talent which can help the young signal caller. I will remind myself that quarterbacks can take different amounts of time to develop.

I sign off on this vow the rest of the year, for my betterment as a fan of this team. Who is with me?

Signed,

Like A Mofo

Raw QB with a ton of talent/upside- here here, I shall withhold judgement as well- Cheers!