My personal vow regarding Josh Allen: Who is with me

Like A Mofo

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You do realize what you just said makes no sense right?

If he is mentally frail (he isnt) then it makes no difference if he plays now or in the future

What i realize is you have poor reading comprehension/cognitive skills.

Letting him play now behind that line he has an excellent change of getting hurt, i dont see as taking a beating is great for his long term development.  If Anderson is better he should be benched.  If, as I wrote, Allen loses his self confidence because of the benching (that is what i was rerferring to as pscyholoigcally frail), then he likely is not our future.

I also realize i accidentally recommended.

What exactly is wrong with praising him when he plays well and badmouthing him when he plays poorly, and predicting whether or not he will look good or average or bad or great in the mid, near or far off future? It's what message boards are for. It's what fans do. It's not set in stone, it's a fluid opinion. The only thing that may be wrong about it is saying you know this is how it's going to be when you don't, good or bad. 

To me its like people complaining that you're innocent until proven guilty in this country. That is actually only in court. People should be able to voice and change their opinions about guilt or innocence on places like message boards based on what they know or think they know at the time. It makes for some great discussions. If you're ill-informed then it will show. 

A moratorium on deciding whether you think Josh is good or bad until the end of the season seems like a way to make the board a more boring place. It's okay to change your mind on things like rookie quarterbacks. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Disagree, if he is that psychologically frail than he isnt our future anyway.  Letting him play before he is ready and the beating he has taken (excpet for the Titans game) I dont see as productive.  Anderson is old but at least Allen can watch how a veteran prepares and does thing, he is just wining it now, Peterman is over zero help.

You really think Anderson is the guy to do that? And be the barometer for which Allen acclimatizes to the league? Derek Anderson? That bodes well. Better yet, what does Anderson starting and playing this year do for the team? To extend the logic of your point, if Allen is too psychologically frail to not gain experience and build from the rest of this year as our starter, than he isn't our future anyway. I personally don't believe this, but it's equally true given the logic of "psychological frailty." 

Playing Anderson this year over Allen sends two real messages, regardless of how they are perceived: 1. Allen isn't ready. This isn't good or bad, it's just a consequential fact of starting Anderson. That has impact on more than just Allen and his psychological state. It affects the entire team's hope for the future, the FO's hope for the future, and the entire franchise. 2. We're trying to win this year. Which is hilarious because if anyone thinks Anderson will take us back to the playoffs this year, they are sorely mistaken. Anderson isn't going to be the long term solution, so let him be the vet QB on the sidelines like everyone else on this board wanted, instead of a new QB coach to do all the things we signed Anderson for.

Edited by ctk232

23 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Dear Social Media and message board watchers,

I as a Buffalo Bills fan will refrain from making a definitive conclusion as to Josh Allen and if he 'is the answer' at QB for the long term for the Buffalo Bills for the rest of the season. After reviewing mine and other opinions over the weeks, I realize that the knee jerk reactions are not needed during this time. I will allow time for Josh to develop. I will stay even keel if Allen has a great game or a bad game in 2018. I will tell myself over and over that 2019 will bring in an infusion of talent which can help the young signal caller. I will remind myself that quarterbacks can take different amounts of time to develop.

I sign off on this vow the rest of the year, for my betterment as a fan of this team. Who is with me?

Signed,

Like A Mofo

This is what you have to do...just have to hope that he can pull it all together because his reads, progressions, footwork, mental clock, and ability to keep his eyes down field is a lot to fix in one season so you might have to hold on tight for more then a year. I am not a huge Josh Allen fan but I do now believe that he has the correct mental makeup discipline and determination to fix it all in due time and be good....so as long as he doesn’t give up on himself nor do the coaches gives up on him I think he can be our franchise QB but I also believe it will be longer then a year. That said we will be a much better football team in 2019 so we’ve all been bills fans our entire life. What’s a couple more years of waiting and let’s be honest if he doesn’t work out and this whole process gets started over again in 3 4 years is anyone gonna stop being a bills fan? No not at all

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What exactly is wrong with praising him when he plays well and badmouthing him when he plays poorly, and predicting whether or not he will look good or average or bad or great in the mid, near or far off future? It's what message boards are for. It's what fans do. It's not set in stone, it's a fluid opinion. The only thing that may be wrong about it is saying you know this is how it's going to be when you don't, good or bad. 

To me its like people complaining that you're innocent until proven guilty in this country. That is actually only in court. People should be able to voice and change their opinions about guilt or innocence on places like message boards based on what they know or think they know at the time. It makes for some great discussions. If you're ill-informed then it will show. 

A moratorium on deciding whether you think Josh is good or bad until the end of the season seems like a way to make the board a more boring place. It's okay to change your mind on things like rookie quarterbacks. 

Trashing Jared Goff was productive 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree some people need to let out their frustrations and give people their thoughts. Especially this season because things are all over the place...of course the OP can’t just throw in the towel every other week but he definitely should express his thoughts about josh Allen ever week positive or negative whenever and however he wants...that is literally what a message board is for 

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

OK, I'll agree to not pass judgement on Allen being THE ANSWER long term as the Bills QB...but only if someone assures me there's no chance the team will sign Tebow.

It’s far too soon to be sure about Tebow. I see a comeback in his future..... Did you know he won some games in the NFL?  You might want to give him a chance to show what he can do with some moral support!   ?

EDIT: to separate  one point where I was clearly kidding, and another where I was deadly serious! 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I agree some people need to let out their frustrations and give people their thoughts. Especially this season because things are all over the place...of course the OP can’t just throw in the towel every other week but he definitely should express his thoughts about josh Allen ever week positive or negative whenever and however he wants...that is literally what a message board is for 

But please don’t take it to JeffIsMagic levels. PLEASE! I don’t care if you are 100% correct and the rest of the world is wrong....you CAN carry the Crusade too far!  

Opinions are fine, pretending they are facts is annoying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

of course some aren't totally getting the idea of the op.  i don't think he's suggesting that no one gives an opinion on allen.  he just hopes the mouth breathers who just swear he's a bust after a handful of games tone it down a notch, and realize that qbs can develop.  not too hard to get...right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, teef said:

of course some aren't totally getting the idea of the op.  i don't think he's suggesting that no one gives an opinion on allen.  he just hopes the mouth breathers who just swear he's a bust after a handful of games tone it down a notch, and realize that qbs can develop.  not too hard to get...right?

It’s okay to have an opinion, just please express it in a  manner in which I’d prefer.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1