The House of Saud at it again (Khashoggi disappearance)

11 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I've read no end of articles decrying him as a strongman and dictator for a decade. He's no friend of democracy and it's been endlessly covered. 

That doesn't mean he's wrong on what happened here, and he's happy to benefit from calling out Saudi Arabia. Pretty easy for SA to refute his claims. SA says Khashoggi entered the embassy and also says he left. That story is easy to prove. Probably their cameras were out though and they can't find the footage.

The fallout is that it looks very bad (again) for us to be aligned with such states. All we do is move these slimey pieces around the chess board in the hopes that one of these countries isn't a !@#$ing nightmare. Trump (Kushner) is just the latest guy to play the game.   

So a month or so after Turkey, Iran and Russia met in Tehran to discuss what to do in Syria (to end the mess that those three exacerbated), this episode with Erdogan is meant to make the US look bad for being cozy with SA?  Who should the US be cozy with in the present situation in the Middle East, Turkey, Iran and Russia?  Yes, sometimes our "friends" are friends of convenience, only.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

So a month or so after Turkey, Iran and Russia met in Tehran to discuss what to do in Syria (to end the mess that those three exacerbated), this episode with Erdogan is meant to make the US look bad for being cozy with SA?  Who should the US be cozy with in the present situation in the Middle East, Turkey, Iran and Russia?  Yes, sometimes our "friends" are friends of convenience, only.  

I will never forgive FDR for teaming up with Stalin in WW11.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Disingenuous, and promoting a gross mischaracterization of how geo-politics works.

KSA isn't the power player in the world, or in this relationship.  We are.

Maybe that's why I said the US was moving the chess pieces. 

Try reading.

We haven't aligned with their interests, but rather they have aligned with ours to the extent that they've begun along the long road of recognizing religious freedoms and the rights of women

That's funny. Try reading this thread just a few up. Maybe if she's spared her head on October 28, she can tell you how great things are for women in SA.

purging out a massive amount of bad actors within their own government

Says every dictator ever. 

With that said, these nations are their own sovereign entities.

We don't control them. 

Is your argument here that if KSA did sanction the killing of one of their own citizens acting as a journalist, that we should go to war with them? 

Yeah, Jeffe. Please jump to conclusions. I did say we should launch a war. What a reactionary moron you turned out to be. 

That we should suspend diplomatic relations, and abandon the larger pursuit of human freedom in the world and domestically?  What's your end game here?

What the !@#$ kind of crazy nonsense is this? 

You're dumber than the guy who "liked" your post, and that's hard to do. 

Are you also a believer in anti-gravity technology that the US is hiding? Or are you a smidge smarter than Storytime Greggy who gets sucked into any crazy thing he hears?

SA is the enemy of our enemy. So on the geopolitical board, it's who we occasionally align with. Nothing more. This latest issue is bigger because we cozied up to MBS pretty tightly of late. 

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

38 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Or are you a smidge smarter than Storytime Greggy who gets sucked into any crazy thing he hears?

Hilariously ironic considering you're blindly parroting Erdogan and AQ sympathizers (who want to split the GCC and US who are destroying AQ/ISIS throughout the ME) without stopping to think beyond the headline. 

Again, not everything is as it seems. EVER. 

It's a (dis)information war. 

Who were the targets in the 11/2 purge? Extremists with jihadist and intelligence ties. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hilariously ironic considering you're blindly parroting Erdogan and AQ sympathizers (who want to split the GCC and US who are destroying AQ/ISIS throughout the ME) without stopping to think beyond the headline. 

Again, not everything is as it seems. EVER. 

It's a (dis)information war. 

Who were the targets in the 11/2 purge? Extremists with jihadist and intelligence ties. 

Hey Storytime Greggy: Got any new stuff lately? 

How many times have I said that the KSA can get out of this easily by showing their footage. If they do, this goes away. 

Go interpret Q's dingleberries and find the meaning of (your)  life. 

Just now, Benjamin Franklin said:

How many times have I said that the KSA can get out of this easily by showing their footage. If they do, this goes away. 

I'm good, thanks. Clearly I've lived rent free in your head for the past months while you were hiding behind other screen names. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Ultimately, your argument comes down to nothing more than you choosing to believe Erdogan over the Saudis.  As evidenced by your insistence that the Saudis should prove Erdogan wrong, when Erdogan's made nothing more than an accusation.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Maybe that's why I said the US was moving the chess pieces. 

Try reading.

What you said was that "we were aligned with those states".

Try writing.

That's funny. Try reading this thread just a few up. Maybe if she's spared her head on October 28, she can tell you how great things are for women in SA.

Again, incredibly disingenuous, but that's what your reputation here has always been, so I'm not at all surprised.

The protection of human rights is always relative in discussion.  Go ahead and make the argument that KSA isn't making progress on that front, and I'll tear it to shreds.

No one is holding them up as a shining example of human freedom, but they are making major strides in that direction since President Trump has taken office.  Christians are being allowed to openly worship, and women's rights are progressing as well.

Are you making the argument that one of the world's most oppressive regime should, overnight, transform into a Westernized liberal democracy?  Or are you making the argument that they haven't made progress until they have done so?

Yeah, Jeffe. Please jump to conclusions. I did say we should launch a war. What a reactionary moron you turned out to be.

What the !@#$ kind of crazy nonsense is this? 

You're dumber than the guy who "liked" your post, and that's hard to do. 

Are you also a believer in anti-gravity technology that the US is hiding? Or are you a smidge smarter than Storytime Greggy who gets sucked into any crazy thing he hears?

That's adorable.  Look at all the faux outrage you've managed to muster over being called out on your nonsense.

You've decided to malign the sitting administration (and prior, essentially equating them) over the current situation on Turkey (but tied to the existence of relationships with oppressive nations), but haven't offered what the alternatives should be, leaving it open to the interpretation of the reader.

I asked you what you think the alternative should be:  Ceasing diplomatic relations?  War?

And all you can do is fire off another half-assed, spittle inducing diatribe.

Why don't you settle your intellectually dishonest ass down, and attempt to be better.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What you said was that "we were aligned with those states".

Try writing.

Again, incredibly disingenuous, but that's what your reputation here has always been, so I'm not at all surprised.

The protection of human rights is always relative in discussion.  Go ahead and make the argument that KSA isn't making progress on that front, and I'll tear it to shreds.

No one is holding them up as a shining example of human freedom, but they are making major strides in that direction since President Trump has taken office.  Christians are being allowed to openly worship, and women's rights are progressing as well.

Are you making the argument that one of the world's most oppressive regime should, overnight, transform into a Westernized liberal democracy?  Or are you making the argument that they haven't made progress until they have done so?

That's adorable.  Look at all the faux outrage you've managed to muster over being called out on your nonsense.

You've decided to malign the sitting administration (and prior, essentially equating them) over the current situation on Turkey (but tied to the existence of relationships with oppressive nations), but haven't offered what the alternatives should be, leaving it open to the interpretation of the reader.

I asked you what you think the alternative should be:  Ceasing diplomatic relations?  War?

And all you can do is fire off another half-assed, spittle inducing diatribe.

Why don't you settle your intellectually dishonest ass down, and attempt to be better.

I like that you and Greggy get into this little 69 session liking each other's posts. It's cute boys. 

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ultimately, your argument comes down to nothing more than you choosing to believe Erdogan over the Saudis.  As evidenced by your insistence that the Saudis should prove Erdogan wrong, when Erdogan's made nothing more than an accusation.

I don't believe either side yet. 

But he went in.

If he came out, we should know shortly. 

I do like the Dexter angle from a color perspective. It's the kind of thing Storytime Greggy usually embraces. Pizzagate right Storytime?

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I like that you and Greggy get into this little 69 session liking each other's posts. It's cute boys. 

I have a respect for honest arbiters, whether I agree with them or not.

Any chance you've finished with your spittle rag, and are ready to become one?

41 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don't believe either side yet. 

But he went in.

If he came out, we should know shortly. 

I do like the Dexter angle from a color perspective. It's the kind of thing Storytime Greggy usually embraces. Pizzagate right Storytime?

Someone dropped him off and waited for him. He didn't leave. What else are we waiting to know?

On 10/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, The_Dude said:

Donald Trump Jr. on Friday promoted a smear tying Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi to Osama bin Laden, retweeting a series of tweets meant to imply that the Saudi commentator, who has been missing since last week, supported Islamic terrorism.

With President Trump apparently reluctant to punish Saudi Arabia over Khashoggi’s alleged murder after he entered the Saudi embassy in Istanbul, conservative pundits have been straining to provide excuses for U.S. inaction. 

Much of that effort has focused on claiming Khashoggi was a terrorist sympathizer, based on his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and career covering terrorist groups and leaders, including Bin Laden.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-jr-boosts-smear-tying-missing-journalist-jamal-khashoggi-to-islamic-terrorism?ref=home

Business interests are business interests. 

I didn’t realize until yesterday that Jamal Khashoggi was the author of this notorious 1988 Arab News article of him tooling around Afghanistan with Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda co-founder Abdullah Azzam. He’s just a democrat reformer journalist holding a RPG with jihadists. pic.twitter.com/G7xTCjwiPx

— Patrick Poole (@pspoole) October 12, 2018

It's helpful to read the thread you are posting in.

2 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

One would hope that your months away would have been spent at an asswhole rehab facility rather than working on your masters at asswholery.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I am not a Trump supporter. However, Trump has a veiled Muslim containment strategy and he’s 100% right for it. And even with Trump, in my neck of the woods they keep showing up and I’m not too keen on that. 

Once they hit 5% of the population, god, err, I mean, Allah (peace be upon him) help us all. 

Edited by The_Dude

I remember when ol' Ben would tell us it's alright if he's intolerant of homophobes and racists because anyone who was that wrong didn't deserve tolerance.

I wonder if now that he's back he can regale us with stories from his time at the Charlottesville rally?

Why would Qatar, AQ, Iran, and cabal connected journalists who are proven mouthpieces for John Brennan's/Kerry's/44's IC want to throw a wrench in the US/Saudi alliance? 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/oct/12/trump-khashoggi-case-will-not-stop-110bn-us-saudi-arms-trade-video

The GCC and others (including the US) have been routing AQ, ISIS, and their financing/training networks for almost three years now. There's MUCH more to this story.