London Jaguars? Cheerio!

YoloinOhio

2-3 games should be the max no matter how the UK fans respond to it.... What happens when they inevitably turn into the gag-uars again?

Shahid wont like it... He'll think it's not Kosher.

Edited by #34fan

7 hours ago, H2o said:

If they would want to go, then yes. If they didn't then you're basically looking at being away from home for 16 weeks out of 17. 

Be realistic. Where would a young, wealthy family rather go. London, UK or Buffalo, NY?

53 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Be realistic. Where would a young, wealthy family rather go. London, UK or Buffalo, NY?

The US is comprised of more than just Buffalo, NY. 

Edited by H2o

49 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I have never been to Buffalo but London is the best city in the world in my opinion. I might be biaised having lived here for 12 years but there is genuinely nowhere I would rather live. Young wealthy people from all walks of life flock here. I don't see why NFL players would not want to. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Welcome to the jags, where every game is a road game. Here is a big middle finger to you Jax season ticket holders. 

Guess youre dolphins fans now...

it can always be worse with people only caring about your franchise in regards to moving it right out of the USA

10 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

While there are many US markets that would welcome them, the point of the move has more to do with the next TV contract.....so here is what I mean.....the US TV market is pretty well mature in that even in non NFL markets, the viewership is high...you don't gain a signifigant amount of new viewers by putting a team in....San Antonio...those people are already watching NFL games on TV.....that is why any further moves or expansion will be in international markets.....If you expand to San Antonio, Portland, Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City....you don't really add TV viewers...but the owners end up having to split the same TV contract with 4 additonal teams....they don't want to....they need to add more eyes in other markets to grow the TV money...Jax isn't a problem of being or not being a viable market...that isn't the problem...it's as vaible as any other domestic market....Adding London to the TV mix along with Toronto and Mexico City (or some new market with new eyes) gets the owners a bunch of new TV viewers wich means more TV money...that is what this is about.

This is accurate.  While there is still a little room to grow in the US market... International is largely untapped money that would/could take the league to the next level

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Never happen, they wouldn't be able to attract UFAs to leave their families. Toronto is one thing London would be totally different as far as living in a different country.

If a UFA had, say 4 offers from Buffalo (snow/cold), London(rain/fog), Tampa(heat), and Dallas(heat). I'm thinking London is 4th on that list by a lot unless they offer twice the $$$ as the rest.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

This is accurate.  While there is still a little room to grow in the US market... International is largely untapped money that would/could take the league to the next level

That's assuming that the NFL is more than a niche sport in the UK market or that there is a 1:1 ratio between ad rates in a counties like the US and Mexico.

An NFL team in London would directly compete with the EPL every Sunday for ratings.  The EPL would destroy the NFL, relagating the NFL to the ratings equivalent of Sunday afternoon bowling on ESPN.

Jacksonville, for all the flack it takes, is one of the larger US markets.  The US networks and advertisers would not be happy losing it, especially now that  the team is a playoff contender.

US networks would lose ratings, which set the rates for advertising.  This would negatively impact league revenues, off-setting the gain from foreign market revenues.

The EPL has been growing its following in the US over the last few years.  It's probably done a better job of penetrating the US market than the NFL has done penetrating the UK market.  However, even with that success, I don't see a team like Everton deciding to play half their games in Yankee stadium (where it would be lucky to pull MSL-like ratings).  The league's domestic revenues far outpace any potential US revenues.

This is about a rich guy who wants to do all his business in London.  Any business or competitive reason given for a move like this requires a massive leap of faith.  The reality is that the team won't be competitive because it won't be able to attract talent, and it will cause the league to take a massive hit in revenues.

8 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd support a franchise in Mexico for sure, that could be good clean fun and ease tension between us. London though? How would that work?

What tension? They send us a million poor people each year and we say “sure, no problem...tell your friends!”