YoloinOhio

London Jaguars? Cheerio!

57 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Which national anthem will be sung at Wembley? What if a player turns their back on the Queen? This gonna get ugly. 

Get there early...I heard they’re going with 99 Bottles of Stout on the Wall. 

The practical implications of this are enormous. How do you pull this off? You think going from the west coast to Jax was bad?  This makes our Toronto deal look like a good idea. What am I missing? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

So what happens to NFL players who have criminal records and can't leave the country? 

or get back into the US?

15 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Will their fans still chant, "DUUUUUUUVAAAALLLLLLLLLL"?

"KKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!"

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Jags will have to provide tax-free player contracts/pay their taxes for them if they play 4 games/year there. Players on all teams get a one game tax bill when they play in London. 

The players get taxed from all angles. I read an article about why the Texans low ball somewhat because 10 of their games are played in states without an income tax. 

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Jags will have to provide tax-free player contracts/pay their taxes for them if they play 4 games/year there. Players on all teams get a one game tax bill when they play in London. 

Paying the players' income taxes would still count against the salary cap would it not?  If this flies then you will see a whole bunch of new stadiums in Delaware.

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so the schedule will give the Pats the home game against the London Jags the week after the Pats have the bye?

Precisely 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Paying the players' income taxes would still count against the salary cap would it not?  If this flies then you will see a whole bunch of new stadiums in Delaware.

Shield has the right to do whatever it wants in the best interests of the game

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Shield has the right to do whatever it wants in the best interests of the game

Come again?

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Come again?

All leagues reserve the right to bend whatever rules they have established if they feel doing so is in the best interests of the game.

The NFL would have no trouble overcoming tax codes and treaties, it has that much heft behind it.

Do we have to call them the JAG-U-ARES?  How many seats will be tarped in Wembley?  Can't use the old ones from Jacksonville because  they use metric measurements.:doh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I am so glad this isn't us.    what a joke and a slap to the face of actual Jags fans.   Here, buy our merchandise and support us in Jacksonville...at least 4 times a year, and never in January as he'll want any playoff games to be in London.   

If he's going to go, suck it up and go.   Don't pussyfoot around it. 

He would probably have the preseason games in Jacksonville too. Stick it to the season ticket holders to pay for the meaningless games while London gets everything that counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Which national anthem will be sung at Wembley? What if a player turns their back on the Queen? This gonna get ugly. 

This opens up Pegula like questions of can he won a team in two countries etc etc. We knew it was a slippery slope they created.

37 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

"KKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!"

I've never understood it. It'd be like Bills fans chanting, "EEEEEEEERRRRRRIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!"

You're chanting for the county you play in? I don't get it.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Wouldn't it make more sense just to relocate the team elsewhere in the United States if the JAX market isn't a viable one?  That plan of his is so stupid.  

I think a London team is a great idea, actually. I'm all for it. And screw Jax - they should never have gotten a team in the first place, and the fan support there is abysmal.

44 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

So what happens to NFL players who have criminal records and can't leave the country? 

Call in sick? 

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Wouldn't it make more sense just to relocate the team elsewhere in the United States if the JAX market isn't a viable one?  That plan of his is so stupid.  

Goodell wants teams in other countries.

Just now, PeterDude said:

Plus London is, you know, a genuinely effing great city. Far freaking better than Jax.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Right. But logistically speaking, scheduling 8 games a year with at least one team traveling across the Atlantic would be a nightmare. I've always thought Toronto would be a great city to put a permanent NFL team, just not ours. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Right. But logistically speaking, scheduling 8 games a year with at least one team traveling across the Atlantic would be a nightmare. I've always thought Toronto would be a great city to put a permanent NFL team, just not ours. 

Toronto doesn't have a stadium for NFL requirements, nor apparently one going up soon.

How would you accommodate the Buffalo Bills with another team moving in so close?

The NFL would allow this in a heartbeat.

They'd love to have a Rollerball "Jonathan"(1975 movie version) kind of world presence.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

exactly.   Who is going to want to play v. the Jags in London w/ that tax bill.   One hang-up.  If someone pays your taxes for you, that amount is then taxed as income (at least under IRS rules) 

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Over here we really don't care that much about the anthem.