London Jaguars? Cheerio!

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Goodell wants teams in other countries.

Right. But logistically speaking, scheduling 8 games a year with at least one team traveling across the Atlantic would be a nightmare. I've always thought Toronto would be a great city to put a permanent NFL team, just not ours. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Right. But logistically speaking, scheduling 8 games a year with at least one team traveling across the Atlantic would be a nightmare. I've always thought Toronto would be a great city to put a permanent NFL team, just not ours. 

Toronto doesn't have a stadium for NFL requirements, nor apparently one going up soon.

How would you accommodate the Buffalo Bills with another team moving in so close?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Jags will have to provide tax-free player contracts/pay their taxes for them if they play 4 games/year there. Players on all teams get a one game tax bill when they play in London. 

exactly.   Who is going to want to play v. the Jags in London w/ that tax bill.   One hang-up.  If someone pays your taxes for you, that amount is then taxed as income (at least under IRS rules) 

Fro a while, I doubted Jacksonville as a viable NFL market. I know they had to tarp off sections of the upper deck at times. Over the past few years, I think they have settled in and have developed a decent fan base. I think they should remain there. When Khan bought the team, it was easy to see what his long term play was. I always thought it was his plan to move them to London or the majority of the games would be played there. I'd say it would make more sense to relocate the Chargers to London (or any other city capable of supporting the NFL). They are never going to be accepted in LA and will always play second fiddle to the Rams. If they have a hard time filling that tiny stadium, wait until they move into the new one. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rico said:

I remember when the Packers used to split their home games between Green Bay and Milwaukee. I don’t really care what they do, it’s Jacksonville, still surprised they ever got an NFL team.

The White Sox played at County Stadium between the Braves and Brewers franchises.

It's funny, the media make it sound like the NFL is really popular there, but it isn't. It's a tiny minority sport with a small section of hardcore fans. They're the ones who fill Wembley but all attend in the jerseys of the teams they support. No way they would change allegiance to support the Jags.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s probably likely they slowly move to London.  Khan wants to make money.  I’d rather see him go to Toronto and keep us safe.

we’ll see.  

People don't like to hear this but Toronto is our market and I hope as the Pegula's become more prominent in the NFL that they assert this to the other owners.  Don't take my statement as any desire to move the team there.  Keep the Bills in Erie County.  I think that setting a franchise in Toronto is detrimental to the long term health of the Bills in WNY.

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I am so glad this isn't us.    what a joke and a slap to the face of actual Jags fans.   Here, buy our merchandise and support us in Jacksonville...at least 4 times a year, and never in January as he'll want any playoff games to be in London.   

If he's going to go, suck it up and go.   Don't pussyfoot around it. 

If I am a Jax fan, im pissed- no way do I want a part time team. They will lose their fan base there. Heck, it really isnt all that good unless they are winning.

If I am a free agent I wouldn’t want to play for the Jags. I would have to play at least 4 games with extra travel/jet lag. What happens when, after a game in London, the team turns around and heads to the West Coast- that subtracts 8-9 hours and more jet lag. Talk about a huge disadvantage.

If I am on the Jags, there is always going to be another thing looming- will Khan see masive dollars signs and move to London permanently. Now players will be forced to move to Europe- uprooting families is never a great thing.

Lastly, and not being racist- London has a lovely, radicalized, Little Islam thing going on there. They better look long and hard at safety/security. Talk about a juicy little target! 

• Like (+1) 1