Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More love from the left -- "who cares if people lose jobs, they're the little people. ***** them and ***** Trump!" 

Rooting against your country is a good look, Bill. 

He said the same thing basically when Trump was first elected. I wonder if he'd feel that way if his job was at stake?

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When you lose Maher... maybe you've gone far enough left.

(Trying to talk themselves into liking Joe -- who has zero shot to win a general)

I watched this episode.  What I found interesting was like in most of these kind of shows the guests interrupt each other and talk over each other. Except when Marianne Williamson was talking. When she talked, no one else did.  And her answers were long like > 45 seconds.  Interesting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If this HuffPo article is accurate, this guy is all over the place.

Labor Puts Candidates On Notice: 'Let's Be Honest About The Democratic Party's Record'

In a closed meeting, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka told the campaigns that Democrats shouldn't expect union support if they don't change their ways.

</snip>

Richard Trumka told attendees that while President Donald Trump is enacting bad policies for workers, Democratic leaders need to reckon with their own role in creating an unfair economy. He said “both parties” are to blame for a system that caters to the rich.

</snip>

Trumka went on, “More often than not, the Republican Party is bad for workers. This president is bad for workers. But let’s be honest about the Democratic Party’s record.”

He singled out the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Trans-Pacific Partnership as Democrat-backed trade deals that were tilted against the working class.

</snip>

“It’s time to do better,” Trumka said. “I believe you can. I believe you will. And working people are hungry for it. But you can’t offer campaign rhetoric or count on workers’ votes simply because you have a ‘D’ next to your name.”

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
fixed link
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

KEVIN WILLIAMSON: The Democratic Party Moves Far Left.

Somebody must have slipped some psilocybin into the Democrats’ potato salad at this year’s May Day picnic. Open borders? Check! Eviscerating the Bill of Rights? Absolutely, with one of those weird barbed Uncle Henry gut-hook knives! What else? I hope that whichever debate moderator finally presses this crew about the limits of late-term abortion is over 35, because Elizabeth Warren was pretty clearly ready to roll up her sleeves and perform an impromptu D&E right there underneath the Art Deco adornments and heavy brocade curtains of the Fox Theater in beautiful downtown Detroit.

Just a reminder: I’m the Case against Trump guy, the one who described Donald Trump as a half-assed would-be caudillo with a sensibility halfway between Caligula’s and Liberace’s. My anti-Trump credentials are platinum-plated and cryogenically sealed. And I’m telling you: These people are bonkers.

Heh. Or as the Babylon Bee quipped after her last debate, “Marianne Williamson Not Sure What She’s Doing Up Here With All These Crazy People.”

Read the whole thing.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

What’s worse, offering thoughts and prayers after a tragedy, or fundraising off it?

EBJbwBRW4AAc3hA.jpg   EBJbwApXkAAkPsf.jpg

There’s opportunity, and there’s opportunity in every tragedy. It just takes special people to step up and take advantage. 

1 hour ago, snafu said:

There’s opportunity, and there’s opportunity in every tragedy. It just takes special people to step up and take advantage. 

Well, she learned from Obama's motto: 'Never let a crisis go to waste'...

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Will she make it?

I think it's funny as hell that Democrats yell, whine, scream and cry about there being too much money in politics...before explaining that the only way you qualify to paricipate in the Dem Presidential Debates is if you can prove you've raised too much money.

• Like (+1) 1