Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

————

some argue there is really only one Party, the rich and powerful who control all politics and the civil service and the media. They pretend there is a diff to make things interesting for common people, but it’s always the same old thing.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Wait till AOC learns there is a process called primaries to elect a nominee for each party, usually resolved before a Convention

Considering the tactic she used to get her seat is called primarying, I would hope she knows about primaries. Though, with her you never know...

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Considering the tactic she used to get her seat is called primarying, I would hope she knows about primaries. Though, with her you never know...

AOC---Primaries? Are those the books we had in first grade?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

AOC---Primaries? Are those the books we had in first grade?

I'm pretty sure that when she won her primary she openly declared that she won her seat. If anything, she doesn't understand that Republicans also compete in elections, though maybe not in her district :lol:

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure that when she won her primary she openly declared that she won her seat. If anything, she doesn't understand that Republicans also compete in elections, though maybe not in her district :lol:

Part of her initial confusion in Congress is how in the hell if she won her seat, she was assigned to a standing committee. In addition she wanted to know why there was only one chair per committee?

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The worst foisting since Charles Foster Kane pushed his bimbo into a career as opera diva

Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders open to decriminalizing sex work

by David Sherfinski

Original Article

After white cop kills black suspect, Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg tries to navigate fallout in South Bend

Chicago Tribune, by Bill Ruthhart

Original Article

Joe Biden refuses to apologize, getting in his own way on race

CNN, by Stephen Collinson

Original Article

back to the one-party system in reality...

today's quote i came across:  "Change everything just a little so as to keep exactly everything the same."  -  Lampedusa's The Leopard

As I said on the previous page;

They do not judge on ideas.

They do not judge on competency or experience.

They judge on gender and race.

And why just racial and gender diversity?

Thank God I was not raised like that.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As I said on the previous page;

They do not judge on ideas.

They do not judge on competency or experience.

They judge on gender and race.

And why just racial and gender diversity?

Thank God I was not raised like that.

even if you were raised like that, as an adult with a brain and social interaction you'd realize how stupid it is to judge everyone this way

11 hours ago, row_33 said:

Wait till AOC learns there is a process called primaries to elect a nominee for each party, usually resolved before a Convention

Is this, like, a party, like, at a Star Trek convention?

22 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Presidential behavior wise which is what I was referring to?  Absolutely.   This is school yard bully nonsense.  

And the really sad part is this is setting the bar for presidential behavior.  I suspect the next president whoever it is, might very well do the same.

This is what the social media and twitterization of our society has resulted in (among other things) IMHO.  I see no reason to think it will get better anytime soon regardless of who the prez is going forward.

Trump is an iconoclast. You mean to say that after the Left’s decrying and denying for decades the validity of the middle class’s railing against sex, violence, murder, gunfights, sociopathic behaviors, macabre sexual fetishes on TV, the movies, music, theatre and the arts, because they were having a damaging effect on society, that NOW there are actually people who believe that what is said and how it is said in the public forum can have a deleterious modifying effect on our societal behaviors? Zut Alors!

All I can offer is the response we heard for all those decades: No one is forcing you to watch it. If you don’t want you or your children to hear or see it - change the channel. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

She’s eagerly looking forward to the secondaries, no doubt. 

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

You mean to say that after the Left’s decrying and denying for decades the validity of the middle class’s railing against sex, violence, murder, gunfights, sociopathic behaviors, macabre sexual fetishes on TV, the movies, music, theatre and the arts, because they were having a damaging effect on society, that NOW there are actually people who believe that what is said and how it is said in the public forum can have a deleterious modifying effect on our societal behaviors?

All I can offer is the response we heard for all those decades: No one is forcing you to watch it. If you don’t want you or your children to hear or see it - change the channel. 

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I was talking about. I said nothing of movie censorship etc.

And as an American citizen that WILL stay informed regardless of who the Prez is, I really DON'T have a choice unless I choose to be uninformed.  Is that what you are suggesting?  That I bury my head in the sand if I don't like what the President of the United States says?  Really?  I wonder what Thomas Jefferson would think of your idea.  

You don’t like his tone or messaging style. Fine. Deal with it. That’s what the Left’s mantra has been for decades to people who believe the discourse/moral values/societal fabric was being torn asunder. 

Now we we have a “Republican” POTUS who is iconoclastic and the Left is SUDDENLY concerned about decorum. After what the Left has brought this culture to, it laughable. Just plain laughable. 

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

You don’t like his tone or messaging style. Fine. Deal with it. That’s what the Left’s mantra has been for decades to people who believe the discourse/moral values/societal fabric was being torn asunder. 

Now we we have a “Republican” POTUS who is iconoclastic and the Left is SUDDENLY concerned about decorum. After what the Left has brought this culture to, it laughable. Just plain laughable. 

It’s still unbelievable he won, and his quirks and success make it even more unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Again, not sure what "the Left" has to do with Donald's tone or messaging style.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Really ?

Really.

Was it "the Left" that called Marco Rubio "Little Marco" or Elizabeth Warren "Pocohantes" for example?  "the Left" aren't saints either.  I never said they were.   Doesn't excuse Donald's behavior however.

He's a flaming narcissist displaying classic narcissistic behavior and always has.  "the Left" had nothing to do with it.  He is what he is.

Edited by reddogblitz

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Again, not sure what "the Left" has to do with Donald's tone or messaging style.

Try this on in order to get a better idea of what the Left has to do with it.

Go to msn.com home page. Make sure you navigate to their "news". Scroll down and look at all of the negative slant on the headlines. They could pick up an article from a conservative writer that was labeled "Trump Cures Almost All Cancer" and they would re-headline it as "Trump Fails To Cure All Cancer".