Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

Funny.............I read that he was way ahead in the polls.

Biden's 'allies' gearing up to sink his campaign

Hill [Washington DC], by Keith Naughton

Original Article

In politics your friends are more trouble than your enemies. Joe Biden is experiencing this phenomenon right now. Even though Democratic voters and interests detest President Trump to an unprecedented degree, the squabbling factions of their coalition continue to impose demands on Biden and parse every word, making sure he doesn’t violate ideological norms and sensibilities — potentially costing him the presidency. America’s two-party system forces candidates for president to cobble together a big coalition of interests and demographics that sit uncomfortably under a big tent. The result is competing demands and constant jockeying for influence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THUD: Jennifer Rubin names ‘institutional’ problem Biden should fix as president, trips hard over Joe’s resume

jennifer-rubin-tv-set.jpg

We often point out that it’s clear many Democrats and media types had the blinders firmly in place during the eight years before Trump took office, and here’s yet another glaring example courtesy of the Washington Post’s “conservative blogger” Jennifer Rubin:

Um, who wants to tell her?

8 years as VP and decades in the Senate just wasn't enough time

• Like (+1) 2

The Joe Biden campaign on Tuesday sent an email to its supporters that highlighted "George Floyd's last words" in a message that included a link for people to donate to the campaign, a move which drew criticism 

The lengthy email tore into President Trump's handling of the unrest following Floyd's death last week while in the custody of the Minneapolis Police Department, called for an end to violence from rioters and said that Biden would create a "national police oversight commission."

The message was saved by "The Archive of Political Emails," a project run by the Defending Democracy Together Institute

Staffers lash out in Bernie world meltdown

Long simmering tensions within the Sanders campaign have gone public.

The feud between different factions of Sanders' team made public tensions that had been simmering since the primaries.

Bernie world is tearing itself apart.

As election results across the country rolled in on Tuesday evening, current and former aides to Bernie Sanders abruptly laced into each other on social media, trading accusations of being “tone-deaf,” not giving “a ***** about the base,” and even stealing infrastructure from the 2020 campaign.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

Welp, with (probably) no convention and Joey B getting enough delegates, looks like no white knight. The Democrats hopes are with a corrupt, senile old man. Heaven help us if he wins.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fixed it for you... though I'd probably add incompetent, self-serving and inhumane...

but your clearly intended characterization of Donald Trump works  :beer:

Oh, good one. :rolleyes:

I was watching the Joe Biden vs Sarah Palin debate yesterday,  @transplantbillsfan  My goodness how Joe Biden has declined. It is sad.  You may want to take a look at Joe-B's decline the last few years. The decline is stark.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, good one. :rolleyes:

I was watching the Joe Biden vs Sarah Palin debate yesterday,  @transplantbillsfan  My goodness how Joe Biden has declined. It is sad.  You may want to take a look at Joe-B's decline the last few years. The decline is stark.

...LMAO....you'll be a great, great great grandmother before you EVER get that admission from this jokester.....grade school has been out of session FAR too long and parents let their children go rogue......

• Like (+1) 1