Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

I don't disagree, but I am mystified how they will promote this to the American people...............other than her skin pigmentation and genitalia.

She served in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 2006 to 2017,  dropped out for an unsuccessful run for governor.

HOW is she someone who should be Vice President of the United States ??

In much the same way Biden "should be" President....

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'd there is a helluva lot more to it than "female"......Jesus, she garnered a whopping 21% of the vote in MA, her own state, for 3rd place...."hometown folks in the (better) know"?....hmmm...

To be fair, voters often will vote for the two front runners to make their vote count.  Klobachar was smart enough to get out before Minnesota voted.  Warren's downfall was she was wishy washy on her healthcare stance which is the most important issue for democratic voters.  She released a M4A plan and when that didn't take off she switched it to a public option. 

Then she got desperate as her poll numbers slid and played the sexism card against Bernie after hiring Harris/Clinton staffers.   Just a lack of authenticity and consistency in her message was the downfall of her campaign.

20 minutes ago, Hedge said:

? The media can't even do basic math.

Broken down, had this actually occurred (paying people instead of buying ads), every American would have gotten ~$1.50 - $2.

?? He couldn't even buy every American a McDonalds double cheeseburger which Brian Williams invented by the way.

• Haha (+1) 2

America Isn’t Sexist—Female Democratic Candidates Are Just Awful People. 

“My favorite of all the ridiculous attempts to explain away Warren’s failure was this piece in The Atlantic titled ‘America Punished Elizabeth Warren for Her Competence’.”

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“My favorite of all the ridiculous attempts to explain away Warren’s failure was this piece in The Atlantic titled ‘America Punished Elizabeth Warren for Her Competence’.”

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren.

With her Indian heritage she never should have had that beer. 

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

Broken down, had this actually occurred (paying people instead of buying ads), every American would have gotten ~$1.50 - $2.

$1,000,000 is pretty close to ~$1.82.

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

He spent $1,000,000 per intersectional feminist far left progressive. If you don't agree with them you aren't an American. 

42 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

$1,000,000 is pretty close to ~$1.82.

She just rounded up is all. You know, like when HAHA Gator thought there were 48 weeks in a year because he rounded down to 4 weeks in a month and multiplied that by 12?

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren..

A female candidate did win the Democratic nomination in 2016.  I don't remember pieces written like that in The Atlantic when Carly Firiona dropped out.  Actually, Michelle Bachmann would be the better example since she flirted as the front runner for a little bit like Warren.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

Good riddance Pocahontas resign from the SENATE ALSO.....MAYBE DR Jill Stein can replace you ....she got through medical school without pretending to be an ILLINI @rochester rob Biden has one chance in hell to win : name Bernie veep like JFK named rival LBJ

This is the second time I have been flagged for contributing to this thread and I have to say it ain't me. There are two rochester robs on the board I don't use caps in my name and he uses no space between roch and rob. I appriciate the notes but agin it isn't me. He joined way later but is much more of a poster. :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On March 5, 2020 at 6:53 PM, Doc Brown said:

I guess but if you believe in lanes than Texas would lean moderate if you combine Biden's and Bloomberg's votes.

Nobody from Texas voted for Bloomberg.  They were from Tejas.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A female candidate did win the Democratic nomination in 2016.  I don't remember pieces written like that in The Atlantic when Carly Firiona dropped out.  Actually, Michelle Bachmann would be the better example since she flirted as the front runner for a little bit like Warren.

I think the filet show did Michelle Bachman in.

@Doc Brown breast cancer is epidemic in USA and less than 1% of victims are men....our nation is over 99% sexist and BILLARY rigging DNC since 2015 is zero % reversing sexism.... Pocahontas is inept as a Senator and cannot contain her zionism bragging about Israeli murdering Palestinians in shrinking apartheid ghettos....another reason to BOYCOTT the Atlantic rag for publishing lies favoring a war criminal but fails to credit Tulsi for growing a conscience to condemn : " regime change wars " .... you'll know sexism is waning when Amber Alerts are expanded to include women not just abducted children