Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Oof. Insult to injury.

“I got completely embarrassed in the presidential campaign, but at least I still have a straight, beautiful girlfriend who loves me.” 

Actually, it's called a "beard"....Cory Booker is gay.

Edited by 32ABBA

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The one with Obama is hysterical. You have to be Q-tibs-level stupid to watch that ad and determine anything other than one time, a long time ago, Barack Obama introduced Bloomberg at a public event. 

Bloomberg turned that into a virtual Obama endorsement.

Hysterical.

To be fair, I’ve seen the same “here’s Obama saying nice things about me” style ad for at least Warren and Biden and I think a couple of the other dem candidates, though I can’t remember which ones. I think every candidate Obama’s ever made public comments about is making one. 

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Bloomberg's Plan For Social Security Makes Jerry Seinfeld Show Seem About Something

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/what-mike-bloomberg-wants-to-do-to-your-social-security/ar-BB105HBf?li=BBnbfcL

What Bloomberg wants

Bloomberg set out a four-point plan for Social Security:

• Consider options for protecting Social Security's finances as well as the benefits of its neediest participants.
  • Provide better minimum benefits for low-income retirees.
  • Change the formula for calculating cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs).

See more at the link

Those lines aren't hard to read between.  If you've had a high income and been taxed at 16% or thereabouts of your first $100k or so every year for 40 years, you are going to get zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero.

Edited by 4merper4mer

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....HUH?...this CANNOT be right....."Shakir told Vanity Fair that Fox News has been "more fair than MSNBC.""

Sanders campaign manager rips MSNBC for 'undermining' senator's candidacy: 'You can feel the disdain' for his supporters

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

The campaign manager for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., blasted MSNBC's coverage of the progressive candidate, accusing the liberal network of "undermining" the campaign.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Faiz Shakir revealed that he had "approached" MSNBC president Phil Griffin, recalling from the exchange, "We watched a ton of terrible coverage occurring and we thought we’d at least try to address it."

Supporters of the Sanders campaign have been quite vocal with their complaints towards MSNBC in recent weeks, with anchor Chuck Todd being repeatly named. Todd raised eyebrows for asking how Sanders is "considered a frontrunner" despite his victory in New Hampshire and his surge in the polls and was slammed for suggesting that Sanders supporters were a  "digital brownshirt brigade," which was condemned by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sanders-campaign-manager-faiz-shakir-msnbc

A Dem complaining about biased media coverage. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KRC said:

A Dem complaining about biased media coverage. ?

It’s the Democrat party way. Move heaven and earth to produce a predetermined outcome. Bernie as their candidate is NOT the predetermined outcome, so he MUST be marginalized. It’s enough to know that he is not their guy. 

Watch how they contort themselves to embrace MiniMike. They’ll suffer joint dislocations, herniated discs, and severe contusions and abrasions. But the money he lavishes on them will assuage their condition. 

• Like (+1) 2

If Bernie keeps getting asked how he will pay for his Medicare thing, he should just start saying Mexico will pay for it, and leave it at that. 

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

Now that Booker is out, so is Rosario Dawson.

Does Rising Serpent like gays? He gets a rise there, or no? 

Tonight’s debate should be telling. Bernie and Fauxahontis have no option other than attacking MiniMike. The others will back off because they’re already angling for a cushy job in his administration. 

They want a seat on the gravy train. 

ALL ABOARD!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No one buys an election in America. You guys assume voters are helpless pawns, unable to resist TV ads. If that were the case, Tom Steyer would be on the stage. Most people in America do not know me because I have not spent decades in Washington. I had to introduce myself, and I had to make up for the year (and the millions) you all spent up until now. But I’ve also been all over the country, drawing crowds and meeting with voters. Once they get to see and know all of us, voters will make up their minds.

But here’s the thing: As long as campaign finance rules are the way they are today, President Trump is going to keep raising money from his rich friends — some of whom he then pardons. I will not allow him the opportunity to go unchecked as he tries to flood social media, TV and radio with disinformation. I need — as does the Democratic Party and the country — every advantage we can get against him. The most important thing is to beat Trump. Whether the nominee is me or someone else, I will spend whatever it takes to beat him. The survival of our democracy is at stake. I don’t think the party wants to rely on a nominee who is going to turn away help. There is no virtue in losing to Trump.

No one is going to accuse me of being in the pocket of rich donors. I have put out a comprehensive plan to rein in Wall Street. I’ve probably done more than anyone on this stage personally to combat the gun lobby and to fight climate change. I will not be bought, and what’s more, I will win.

11 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Those seeking civilized debate will long for 2016 after what's coming in 2020.

EQq3GBmUEAILb8Y.jpg

If that’s how you guys go after him, he will win. Lame attack 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Tonight’s debate should be telling. Bernie and Fauxahontis have no option other than attacking MiniMike. The others will back off because they’re already angling for a cushy job in his administration. 

They want a seat on the gravy train. 

ALL ABOARD!!!

Except for Biden.  He will be angling for the best recliner in the television room at Springfield Retirement Castle.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one buys an election in America. You guys assume voters are helpless pawns, unable to resist TV ads. If that were the case, Tom Steyer would be on the stage. Most people in America do not know me because I have not spent decades in Washington. I had to introduce myself, and I had to make up for the year (and the millions) you all spent up until now. But I’ve also been all over the country, drawing crowds and meeting with voters. Once they get to see and know all of us, voters will make up their minds.

But here’s the thing: As long as campaign finance rules are the way they are today, President Trump is going to keep raising money from his rich friends — some of whom he then pardons. I will not allow him the opportunity to go unchecked as he tries to flood social media, TV and radio with disinformation. I need — as does the Democratic Party and the country — every advantage we can get against him. The most important thing is to beat Trump. Whether the nominee is me or someone else, I will spend whatever it takes to beat him. The survival of our democracy is at stake. I don’t think the party wants to rely on a nominee who is going to turn away help. There is no virtue in losing to Trump.

No one is going to accuse me of being in the pocket of rich donors. I have put out a comprehensive plan to rein in Wall Street. I’ve probably done more than anyone on this stage personally to combat the gun lobby and to fight climate change. I will not be bought, and what’s more, I will win.

If that’s how you guys go after him, he will win. Lame attack 

You obviously have not heard him speak in just the past few days.  He has put out gems such as minorities do not know how to act in a business environment, any dummy can be a farmer, and old or terminal people can wonder off into the woods to die (he will see that they will get a pill to remain comfortable while the death process is going on).  What else is waiting to drop from his mouth?  Talk about being insensitive.

Edited by RochesterRob

Just now, RochesterRob said:

You obviously have not heard him speak in just the past few days.  He has put out gems such as minorities do not know how to act in a business environment, any dummy can be a farmer, and old or terminal people can wonder off into the woods to day (he will see that they will get a pill to remain comfortable while the death process is going on).  What else is waiting to drop from his mouth?  Talk about being insensitive.

So what? 

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You obviously have not heard him speak in just the past few days.  He has put out gems such as minorities do not know how to act in a business environment, any dummy can be a farmer, and old or terminal people can wonder off into the woods to die (he will see that they will get a pill to remain comfortable while the death process is going on).  What else is waiting to drop from his mouth?  Talk about being insensitive.

He’s a condescending prick of the first order of magnitude. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

If you say so.  Enjoy defeat!

Why? Trump says worse stuff and you don't care. 

Trump says Climate Change is fake news, Bloomberg is fighting it because its real. He will get my vote if he is nominee

Just now, Nanker said:

He’s a condescending prick of the first order of magnitude. 

Trump? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why? Trump says worse stuff and you don't care. 

Trump says Climate Change is fake news, Bloomberg is fighting it because its real. He will get my vote if he is nominee

Trump? 

He will get your vote and if he were to be elected upon his last day in office supporting yourself will still amount to working in the laundromat (wear clean clothes!), being a paid online troll, and picking up cans.  Your schtick was better when you were pitching Warren by the way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

He will get your vote and if he were to be elected upon his last day in office supporting yourself will still amount to working in the laundromat (wear clean clothes!), being a paid online troll, and picking up cans.  Your schtick was better when you were pitching Warren by the way.

So your only answer is some dumb, really ignorant personal attack? 

does not compute

does not compute -  does not compute  patrick does not compute