Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Capacity there is 5000. Trump has more than that standing in line for the restrooms. 

Whatever it is, he filled the room. This thread is 16 months and 332 pages.  This is the first substantial crowd I’ve seen reported. Most times there’s a couple hundred, at best. And if they stuffed up to or more than capacity, doesn’t really take away from the fact.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Whatever it is, he filled the room. This thread is 16 months and 332 pages.  This is the first substantial crowd I’ve seen reported. Most times there’s a couple hundred, at best. And if they stuffed up to or more than capacity, doesn’t really take away from the fact.

This is what they do. They get the largest facility that they think they can fill. For some it's diners, for others it's high school gyms while others get larger facilities. Trump usually has auditoriums or sports facilities that house 12000-20000 and gets them packed with giant screens outside for the overflow. We know this because they register the attendees. Typically speaking 15% of the crowd are people who have never voted and 25% of the crowd consists of democrats. Also, Bernie's rally was in Denver, certainly a fertile area for him. 

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not "you people", the evidence and facts deny this happened. Did Russia meddle? Yup. Did they meddle with the cooperation of the Trump campaign? Nope. 

ZERO have been charged, indicted, or convicted of anything having to do with the 2016 election or Russian collusion. 

Not Manafort, not Flynn, not Stone, not Cohen, not Popadopolous... 

transplant there is stuck on  2016  democrat talking points...perhaps he/she needs a reboot

Reading thru random articles and stumbled upon something on SF Chronicle, where I noticed a link to a Democrat Candidate matchmaker:

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2020/candidate-matchmaker/

I answered yes to 11, 13, 16, and 17, and no to the rest

Amy Klobuchar

A match rating of 47% is low, but it's the highest you got.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is what they do. They get the largest facility that they think they can fill. For some it's diners, for others it's high school gyms while others get larger facilities. Trump usually has auditoriums or sports facilities that house 12000-20000 and gets them packed with giant screens outside for the overflow. We know this because they register the attendees. Typically speaking 15% of the crowd are people who have never voted and 25% of the crowd consists of democrats. Also, Bernie's rally was in Denver, certainly a fertile area for him. 

I never tried comparing Bernie’s turnout to a Trump rally.

I’m not sure why you’re bringing it up, after you pretty much pointed out that perhaps the Bernie numbers are inflated.  Are you saying that Trump counts the number of people who show up at his events and Bernie bloats his numbers without counting?

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If you want to know why I can honestly say that I do now and have for the last 3+ years worried that Trump would be reelected while not thinking he would, it's because of the fight between my head and my heart whether the American people are stupid enough to reelect him.

My confidence wavers because of crap like this:

Trump will pretty much do anything within his power (and outside of it, for that matter... as demonstrated by what's been revealed in the last 6 months or so) to get reelected.

Like him or not. Corrupt as hell or not. Blatant narcissistic liar or not...

He's the most powerful man in the world.

That's the reason so many on the left are frightened and worried.

It doesn't mean he's going to be reelected, but we can worry about it because the electorate already looked past his own admissions of being a sexual predator and his own well documented bigotry and racism and his own well documented shady business dealings over decades and his own calls to foreign governments to interfere in our election, among other things.

I'm a believer the old adage "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" will apply to the American people this time around as they have seen (and this part is simply undeniable) CONSTANT lies coming out of the White House.

You seem to dislike lies so much... why do you find Trump's CONSTANT lying acceptable in any way?

But once again, I am prepared for a 2nd term of Trump. That's because my bar for America's electorate is lower than it was when the day began on November 8th, 2016.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!"

Your life has probably improved under Trump, or at least none of your problems can be traced to his policies.

Your hand wringing is self-inflicted.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, snafu said:

I’m not sure why you’re bringing it up, after you pretty much pointed out that perhaps the Bernie numbers are inflated.  Are you saying that Trump counts the number of people who show up at his events and Bernie bloats his numbers without counting?

Pretty sure they are saying the venue does not hold more than double the announced amount. Did Bernie have an overflow? If not, the announced crowd size is er, probably inaccurate. 

Nevertheless, Bernie is the only one drawing any sort of crowd on the Democratic side, the only one with any sort of enthusiasm. That must be worrisome of the Democratic leadership.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, snafu said:

Trump is getting names and email addresses along with the voting status of his rally attendees and other demographics. So yes, he counts the people who show up. Bernie claimed attendance of 11400 in a place that advertises that it only holds 5000. I guess that's a good crowd for a democrat though. 

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I say "conspire?"

No. No I did not.

I said he asked for foreign interference in the election, which he very clearly did.

Telling that you are inserting your own narrative into what I said, though.

This is certainly bending the truth.

But you've all created your own narrative here where that was a joke and no serious person viewed it as anything other than a joke.

Yeah... sure... must be true because you guys believe it is. :doh:

407.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Bernie claimed attendance of 11400 in a place that advertises that it only holds 5000. I guess that's a good crowd for a democrat though. 

A total of 11400 attendees be more like the amount of Dems attending rallies in Iowa and N.H. combined.

Edited by I am the egg man

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Granted, it doesn't sound good to hear a wealthy, white man say this, but it's not nearly as bad as what is being portrayed.

My take:

The comment about not knowing how to behave in the workplace will not hurt him with minorities. I've worked in a number of organizations who have a call center component. I have heard with my own ears, numerous times, from minorities, that there should be training and guidance on this very subject of how to behave in the workplace. Those who work in call centers (specifically, those on the phones) usually don't have a college education. A large percent of them are minorities, who just got their foot in the door into the corporate world and have no experience in it otherwise. From their own stories, I know that a number struggle because behavior, that may be rewarded in the neighborhood they grew up in, does not fly inside corporate walls. It can be a culture shock. They had no real role models and no training on what to expect. A number of these minorities even use a different voice and manner of speaking than what is natural for them (what I have heard many refer to as their "white people voice"), so they can more readily blend in. Many of these people realize the struggle and would relish the opportunity to learn more about their environment and how to be successful within it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

As President, Bernie Sanders Will Avert Climate Catastrophe and Create 20 Million Jobs

Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization of the economy by 2050 at latest – consistent with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change goals – by expanding the existing federal Power Marketing Administrations to build new solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources.

https://berniesanders.com/en/issues/green-new-deal/

Not possible , phase out nuclear and natural gas plants. 

Edited by ALF
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

As President, Bernie Sanders Will Avert Climate Catastrophe and Create 20 Million Jobs

Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization of the economy by 2050 at latest – consistent with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change goals – by expanding the existing federal Power Marketing Administrations to build new solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources.

Not possible , phase out nuclear and natural gas plants. 

What about the global methane CATastrophe?  This is riDONKulous.

..bad, bad boy Mini-Mike...………….

Bloomberg’s ‘mercenaries’: Billionaire Dem funding network of climate lawyers inside state AG offices

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

A program funded by 2020 presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg is paying the salaries of lawyers who are farmed out to liberal state attorney general offices to pursue climate-based litigation -- a compact critics say amounts to Bloomberg buying state law enforcement employees to advance his preferred political agenda.

The arrangement, which currently pays the salaries of Special Assistant Attorneys General (SAAGs) in 10 Democratic AG offices, is drawing new scrutiny now that Bloomberg is running for president. The New York University School of Law's State Energy & Environmental Impact Center, which was started in 2017 with $5.6 million from Bloomberg's nonprofit, hires mid-career lawyers as "research fellows" before providing them to state AGs where they assist in pursuing "progressive" policy goals through the courts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloomberg-network-climate-lawyers-ag

• Thank you (+1) 1