Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ninety-five percent of murders- murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops," he said. "They are male, minorities, 16-25. That's true in New York, that's true in virtually every city (inaudible). And that's where the real crime is. You've got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed."

Could be a deal breaker, but in the age of Trump it might not matter. 

10 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Are they worse than Chicken Wings? More sugar and less salt

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

"Ninety-five percent of murders- murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops," he said. "They are male, minorities, 16-25. That's true in New York, that's true in virtually every city (inaudible). And that's where the real crime is. You've got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed."

Could be a deal breaker, but in the age of Trump it might not matter. 

Obviously hyperbole used to make a larger point that is at least partially true.  The outrage on this is ridiculous.  And I hate Bloomberg.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Trump did that? Oh please. 

The economists say that all boats are rising in the current economy so that would include minorities.  The classic neoliberal argument has always been crime will go down if economic opportunity is there along with a living wage.  

New Hampshire Berns Down. 

“One thing is certain: Elizabeth Warren will soon be flipping through Hillary Clinton’s Book of Blame for excuses to explain away her myriad weaknesses as a candidate. Sexism will of course be Number 1 on the list, sure to be followed by ‘Something, something Trump,’ and the inherent patriarchal oppression spread through Tom and Jerry cartoons.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The economists say that all boats are rising in the current economy so that would include minorities.  The classic neoliberal argument has always been crime will go down if economic opportunity is there along with a living wage.  

Trump has nothing to do with economy. He's just lucky. Do you give Obama credit for the longer string of economic growth from 2010 on? 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump has nothing to do with economy. He's just lucky. Do you give Obama credit for the longer string of economic growth from 2010 on? 

.......with.....economy?  Are you going Russkie on me?  There should be the word "the" between the word with and the word economy.  Presidents historically get too much credit or too much blame on the economy but Trump did inspire a great degree of irrational exhurberance amongst the business world.  

As to the doughnuts the Sanders supporters at one of his rallies did that.  They were unaware of the need for wrapping and refrigeration of perishable food types.  Sanders cited this in his speech as an another example of the need for more government.  

Edited by RochesterRob

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

.......with.....economy?  Are you going Russkie on me?  There should be the word "the" between the word with and the word economy.  Presidents historically get too much credit or too much blame on the economy but Trump did inspire a great degree of irrational exhurberance amongst the business world.  

As to the doughnuts the Sanders supporters at one of his rallies did that.  They were unaware of the need for wrapping and refrigeration of perishable food types.  Sanders cited this in his speech as an another example for the need for more government.  

This business expansion has been going on since 2010 

Okay I am not one of the normals on here so I have a question for all of you. Both Republicans and Democrats

Can you rank the 9 candidates left into who you would be okay with and who you absolutely dont.  I know both sides have there absolute nos and absolute yes but I am curious who the republicans on here are okay with and who the Democrats on here are leaning towards.

So list them out 1-9, pleases I just want a civil discussion I dont want people saying all no ones or everyone but trump.  Just I wanna know the list of prefrences.

Biden

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Gabbard

Klobuchar

Patrick

Sanders

Steyer

Warren

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This business expansion has been going on since 2010 

I believe that I addressed that when I said Presidents get either too much credit or too much blame for the economy.  A lot of the credit goes to the rank and file whether it be Obama or Trump in the White House.  You need to read up on the concept of irrational exuberance which implies the economy can be stimulated by factors such as emotion.  

Republican view:

OKAY

Gabbard

Patrick

Steyer

Biden

Klobacher

Buttigieg

Warren

Bloomberg

Sanders

NOT OKAY

That is the order for me, but frankly they all would be far too liberal for me.

The ones that the Media claim are "moderate" are not really at all..........they just appear to be compared to the rest.

I would like to see one of our PPP lefties rankings myself.

9 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Okay I am not one of the normals on here so I have a question for all of you. Both Republicans and Democrats

Can you rank the 9 candidates left into who you would be okay with and who you absolutely dont.  I know both sides have there absolute nos and absolute yes but I am curious who the republicans on here are okay with and who the Democrats on here are leaning towards.

So list them out 1-9, pleases I just want a civil discussion I dont want people saying all no ones or everyone but trump.  Just I wanna know the list of prefrences.

Biden

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Gabbard

Klobuchar

Patrick

Sanders

Steyer

Warren

I refuse to vote for anyone who was either complicit in the Russia hoax, or complicit in pushing it into the bloodstream. 

Thus, none of those running on the left this ticket will ever get my vote or support again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I refuse to vote for anyone who was either complicit in the Russia hoax, or complicit in pushing it into the bloodstream. 

Thus, none of those running on the left this ticket will ever get my vote or support again. 

Okay but is there ranking from least worst to worst?  Not that you will vote for them but just your feelings for them.  There must be ones you dislike more or less then the others.

7 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Biden

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Gabbard

Klobuchar

Patrick

Sanders

Steyer

Warren

I'm neither, but I can tell you without a doubt there's not a single person on that list I'd be willing to vote for. 

I suppose Buttigieg is the least offensive of the bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Biden

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Gabbard

Klobuchar

Patrick

Sanders

Steyer

Warren

IMO the toughest matchup for Trump among the dem candidates that have any chance of getting the nomination is Klobuchar. 

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Republican view:

OKAY

Gabbard

Patrick

Steyer

Biden

Klobacher

Buttigieg

Warren

Bloomberg

Sanders

NOT OKAY

That is the order for me, but frankly they all would be far too liberal for me.

The ones that the Media claim are "moderate" are not really at all..........they just appear to be compared to the rest.

I would like to see one of our PPP lefties rankings myself.

I would point out to my fellow conservatives, that I did my rankings, not on any type of personal preference, I do not think any of them deserve to be president

But I ranked them in order of who I think would do the least damage to the country.

Try it that way.

Still waiting on a lib's take.