Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....hmmm.....brilliant.....so he should be the candidate when HIS church is the target?......where the hell do these clowns come from?......

yes but with everyone losing their jobs to automation, everyone is going to be out of work.  Not just white racists.

50 minutes ago, Albwan said:

"Oh ***** its fox news, where the %$#@ is cnn??"

CNN BREAKING NEWS: Celebrated Senator Elizabeth Warren invents new type of jet engine that runs on hopes, dreams, and unicorn farts. This engine not only creates no emissions, but it actually takes man-made pollution out of the air.

Up next, Jim Acosta reaffirms his heroism as he reports how the evil despot Donald Trump consumes two scoops of ice cream while he triples his carbon footprint by burning brown people at the stake. Will his unamerican madness ever end?

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I honestly am unhappy with Mayor Pete winning- he would be most difficult for Trump to challenge. His military status along with limited decisions to attack make him harder to bash. I do not think he wins nomination but I think Trump trounces all others.

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I honestly am unhappy with Mayor Pete winning- he would be most difficult for Trump to challenge. His military status along with limited decisions to attack make him harder to bash. I do not think he wins nomination but I think Trump trounces all others.

I just don't think that there are enough supporters behind the scenes for Mayor P.  Big money Dems have to be in a panic over the poor finish of Biden.  Probably the best they can do is hope that Bloomberg magically finds some momentum.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I just don't think that there are enough supporters behind the scenes for Mayor P.  Big money Dems have to be in a panic over the poor finish of Biden.  Probably the best they can do is hope that Bloomberg magically finds some momentum.

Bernie's likely to get an early lead after early states.  The rest will have to catch him.  IMO the longer Biden stays in, the longer it will take others to pass Bernie.  Joe's not gonna do great but he'll have support that the others will badly need to overtake Bernie. 

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I'm not so sure Pete could beat Donald. Pete polls at 0% with black voters. (yet somehow he had six black women behind him when he made his victory speech in Iowa of all places.). Death for a Democrat.  Add onto that Trump dishing the dirt on him for months on end. 

When you listen to him it's all platitudes and political cliches.  Of course the same could be said of a lot of them.

I'd vote for him over Trump but he's well down my list.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Pete Buttigieg is a liberal who makes people think he’s a moderate. Amid the 'Mayo Pete' and 'Pete is CIA' jeers of his left-wing critics, it can be easy to forget..."

"... what Buttigieg’s actual policy agenda is. That agenda would easily be the most progressive by any candidate for the general election in decades.... ...

[H]e’s endorsed and promoted: A $15-an-hour minimum wage/A universal child allowance of at least $2,000 per child, and quadrupling of the earned income tax credit for single adults/'Affordable, universal full-day child care and pre-K for all children from infancy to age 5'/A path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants/A Medicare buy-in open to all meant to 'create a natural glide-path to Medicare for All'/A cap on all student loan payments as a share of income, forgiven in full after 20 years/... DC/Puerto Rico statehood, banning gerrymandering, ending the Electoral College, and ending the filibuster/Expanding and reforming the Supreme Court to curb partisan rulings/Sectoral union bargaining where agreements apply to whole industries, not just individual companies/A carbon tax rebated to taxpayers in cash, plus a quadrupling of research and development funding for clean energy...  

Sanders and Warren have performed a valuable service by making the objectively quite ambitious agenda of Buttigieg appear, by comparison, incredibly mild, a centrist approach to expanding the safety net. A perception of relative moderation will most likely help, not hurt, the eventual nominee.... Sanders would terrify and turn out Trump’s base, whereas Buttigieg likely would not."

From "Pete Buttigieg is more electable than Bernie Sanders — and more progressive than you think/The fourth in a Vox series making the best case for each of the top Democratic contenders" (Vox).
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Pete Buttigieg is a liberal who makes people think he’s a moderate. Amid the 'Mayo Pete' and 'Pete is CIA' jeers of his left-wing critics, it can be easy to forget..."

"... what Buttigieg’s actual policy agenda is. That agenda would easily be the most progressive by any candidate for the general election in decades.... ...

[H]e’s endorsed and promoted: A $15-an-hour minimum wage/A universal child allowance of at least $2,000 per child, and quadrupling of the earned income tax credit for single adults/'Affordable, universal full-day child care and pre-K for all children from infancy to age 5'/A path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants/A Medicare buy-in open to all meant to 'create a natural glide-path to Medicare for All'/A cap on all student loan payments as a share of income, forgiven in full after 20 years/... DC/Puerto Rico statehood, banning gerrymandering, ending the Electoral College, and ending the filibuster/Expanding and reforming the Supreme Court to curb partisan rulings/Sectoral union bargaining where agreements apply to whole industries, not just individual companies/A carbon tax rebated to taxpayers in cash, plus a quadrupling of research and development funding for clean energy...  

Sanders and Warren have performed a valuable service by making the objectively quite ambitious agenda of Buttigieg appear, by comparison, incredibly mild, a centrist approach to expanding the safety net. A perception of relative moderation will most likely help, not hurt, the eventual nominee.... Sanders would terrify and turn out Trump’s base, whereas Buttigieg likely would not."

From "Pete Buttigieg is more electable than Bernie Sanders — and more progressive than you think/The fourth in a Vox series making the best case for each of the top Democratic contenders" (Vox).

Pete is very Liberal - he has taken a page from Obama to talk quietly and not push all the more radicalideas.

He may be a good guy but I do not understand how a small town mayor of an under performing city is ready to be president.  Before I hear the ...but Trump, he has led a large, global corporation with more budget and complexity than a small city.

• Like (+1) 1