Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Yes very much so.  They are going to screw Bernie again.  I called it a long time ago.  Trump vs Biden and Trump gets the nod.  Then 2024 will be the dems turn.  DNC is not anyone's party just like the RNC isn't.  Just rich people trading power under the illusion of free and open elections.

Gonna have to join in the chorus of wait now CNN matters?  CNN is DNC propganda.  Shoot there is a whole thread on PPP about it but because they put up something you agree with, they now get posted here by you? 

So the post I quoted above and this one go hand in hand.  Going even futher, the media loves Trump as president including CNN.  Negativity sells and ratings are never better than when you can pitch the sky is falling.

it is all about information (warfare). even within the disinformation, there are always nuggets of truth. the ultimate goal is to use (hone) your discernment and be able to sift the wheat from the chaff.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, section122 said:

Gonna have to join in the chorus of wait now CNN matters?  CNN is DNC propganda.  Shoot there is a whole thread on PPP about it but because they put up something you agree with, they now get posted here by you? 

So the post I quoted above and this one go hand in hand.  Going even futher, the media loves Trump as president including CNN.  Negativity sells and ratings are never better than when you can pitch the sky is falling.

I read it as ... even CNN ...CNN Of all places!!! can see it!

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Just for clarity: I have posted plenty of CNN links/stories/articles. Sometimes to expose them as the frauds they are, other times because the story would mean more coming from them to the left leaning/not as involved posters. This time it was specifically because they're a DNC mouthpiece that I posted it -- specifically to tweak transplant (in a joking/fun way, not meant to be mean) and our bet on 2020. 

Like Foxx said above, I'm the sort who reads all the sources, from every conceivable bias, and then sorts out the truth from the bs laced into every article. It's an information war after all. Getting locked into one source over the other is a quick way to become uninformed in such wars (imo).  :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just for clarity: I have posted plenty of CNN links/stories/articles. Sometimes to expose them as the frauds they are, other times because the story would mean more coming from them to the left leaning/not as involved posters. This time it was specifically because they're a DNC mouthpiece that I posted it -- specifically to tweak transplant (in a joking/fun way, not meant to be mean) and our bet on 2020. 

Like Foxx said above, I'm the sort who reads all the sources, from every conceivable bias, and then sorts out the truth from the bs laced into every article. It's an information war after all. Getting locked into one source over the other is a quick way to become uninformed in such wars (imo).  :beer: 

Let's say I read something on a conservative site and want to post it at PPP. I'll Google it to see if it's also being reported on any liberal sites and if I determine that the info appears to be true, I'll always post it from the liberal rag. 

• Like (+1) 1

This dude is a bad guy, no question. And that he's still employed by the campaign is hilarious. But is it me, or is he just SUPER high in all these videos. Makes me wonder what he's like sober, if he's ever sober that is. 

But seems like whoever is doing the taping just waits for him to blaze and then hits record. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I read it as ... even CNN ...CNN Of all places!!! can see it!

51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/15/cnn-truly-terrible-influence-country-democratic-debate-moderators-pilloried-centrist

Critics of the corporate media as well as supporters and staffers of Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign blasted the moderators of the CNN/Des Moines Register Democratic presidential debate Tuesday night for employing centrist talking points and demonstrating a bias against Sanders in how they framed questions.

It is everywhere today how slanted that debate was by CNN.  Here is the best example imo: 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders

"Senator Sanders, I do want to be clear here. You're saying that you never told Senator Warren that a woman could not win the election," Phillip followed.

"That is correct," Sanders answered.

"Senator Warren, what did you think when Senator Sanders told you a woman could not win an election?" Phillip then asked the progressive rival, which sparked audible laughs in the auditorium and a shake of the head from Sanders.

This is the clear bias that exists.  It isn't that even CNN sees it, it is grasping at Biden or in a pinch Warren as the status quo candidate.  I firmly believe that the DNC would rather lose with anyone rather than see Bernie win

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1217280001218895872?s=20

Edited by section122
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, section122 said:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/15/cnn-truly-terrible-influence-country-democratic-debate-moderators-pilloried-centrist

Critics of the corporate media as well as supporters and staffers of Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign blasted the moderators of the CNN/Des Moines Register Democratic presidential debate Tuesday night for employing centrist talking points and demonstrating a bias against Sanders in how they framed questions.

It is everywhere today how slanted that debate was by CNN.  Here is the best example imo: 

"Senator Sanders, I do want to be clear here. You're saying that you never told Senator Warren that a woman could not win the election," Phillip followed.

"Senator Warren, what did you think when Senator Sanders told you a woman could not win an election?" Phillip then asked the progressive rival, which sparked audible laughs in the auditorium and a shake of the head from Sanders.

This is the clear bias that exists.  It isn't that even CNN sees it, it is grasping at Biden or in a pinch Warren as the status quo candidate.  I firmly believe that the DNC would rather lose with anyone rather than see Bernie win

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FDonaldJTrumpJr%2Fstatus%2F1217280001218895872&widget=Tweet

Oh, it was completely slanted. No question. They've never been fair to Bernie that I've seen. On any of their "news" shows or opinion shows. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How did CNN just pretend that Bernie didn’t totally deny that he said a woman couldn’t win and pretend like it it was a fact just because Warren said so? It’s not like her entire persona isn’t built on lies...<br><br>Is the fix against Bernie in again???</p>&mdash; Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1217280001218895872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So what are you suggesting? CNN is awesome because everyone hates them? CNN has an agenda? CNN sucks?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

So what are you suggesting? CNN is awesome because everyone hates them? CNN has an agenda? CNN sucks?

CNN sucks.  Sorry to not be clear! lol

They are the DNC mouthpiece much like fox news use to operate as the RNC mouthpiece.  I only phrase that they used to be as I don't watch them anymore to know if they have changed their ways.  2016 was eye opening to me and showed just how biased all the networks were.  After watching debates it was interesting to watch different channels talk about how great their candidate did.  It was clear who was backing HRC and who backed Trump.  

It would be so nice to see non-biased reporting but that can't happen now.  Media conglomerates are part of the problem but so is the fact that news channels aren't beholden to the truth.  They are entertainment pitched as news.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They are the DNC mouthpiece much like fox news use to operate as the RNC mouthpiece.  I only phrase that they used to be as I don't watch them anymore to know if they have changed their ways.  2016 was eye opening to me and showed just how biased all the networks were.  After watching debates it was interesting to watch different channels talk about how great their candidate did.  It was clear who was backing HRC and who backed Trump.  

It would be so nice to see non-biased reporting but that can't happen now.  Media conglomerates are part of the problem but so is the fact that news channels aren't beholden to the truth.  They are entertainment pitched as news.

I agree with most of that. I do not know why there cannot be a “just the facts” news, however.

This is why we get along even when we disagree. :beer: 

Your feelings are echoed by many people of all political stripes and persuasions. The people have really woken up to the fact the media is controlled/fake/more interested in narratives than truth. Our republic depends on a free press operating ethically and justly -- but we haven't had that in many decades. If ever. 

Times are changing though. They're a sinking ship. Some have wised up and made for the life boats. But others are pretending like everything is fine... 

Image result for orchestra playing on titanic gif

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree with most of that. I do not know why there cannot be a “just the facts” news, however.

I don't think Joe Q Public wants that unfortunately.  People want to think they are right so they watch/listen to news that agrees with them.  Then they can laugh at how dumb the other side is.  

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Times are changing though. They're a sinking ship.

I hope so but it is hard to think that way.  The federal govt just lost an appeal on the merger between Time Warner and AT&T.  What happened to stopping monopolies?  Disney is its own giant.  5 companies decide what information the world receives.  That is a scary number.  Ultimately I don't share your optimism which sucks lol.  As they grow larger the barrier for entry becomes much more difficult.  Then say you do own a non bias website and Disney offers you 100 million for it.  Drop in the bucket for them a cool billion for you.  I like to think I'm a principled guy but I'm cashing that check!

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/democracyondeadline/mediaownership.html

The trend of media conglomeration has been steady. In 1983, 50 corporations controlled most of the American media, including magazines, books, music, news feeds, newspapers, movies, radio and television. By 1992 that number had dropped by half. By 2000, six corporations had ownership of most media, and today five dominate the industry: Time Warner, Disney, Murdoch's News Corporation, Bertelsmann of Germany and Viacom. With markets branching rapidly into international territories, these few companies are increasingly responsible for deciding what information is shared around the world.

Edited by section122
  • Thank you (+1) 1