Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

Thanksgiving in Erie watching Bills/Cowboys, seems like there is a Bloomberg commercial every other break.  Not just generic ads either, ads created specifically for Erie

According to relatives, there was a recent report that Bloomberg has already purchased like 90% of all TV political ad time on Erie TV stations up to the Pensylvania primary.

• Haha (+1) 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Thanksgiving in Erie watching Bills/Cowboys, seems like there is a Bloomberg commercial every other break.  Not just generic ads either, ads created specifically for Erie

According to relatives, there was a recent report that Bloomberg has already purchased like 90% of all TV political ad time on Erie TV stations up to the Pensylvania primary.

excellent!!!

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

How many of them are about keeping big money out of politics?

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

fbb8e92c85e40828a7fd06569a576b3ebe5e6735

I have less problem with that than I do him thinking the same about 20oz sodas and plastic straws.

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Bloomberg isn’t going to last very long once other candidates start piling on him. 

He gets surly in a “how dare you question me” kind of way. That doesn’t sit well with voters. 

as McCain got into a petulant grimace and started getting real mean when questioned

Edited by row_33

On 11/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, Taro T said:

A few years back, a similar situation happened in NJ.  The Dems just changed the rules and ended up with a different guy that wasn't supposed to be on the ballot winning.

That was even worse...they knew they had a losing candidate so they just swapped out for someone else who could win.

Do the Dems have the Arkansas state SC in their back pocket like they do in NJ?

On 11/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Sanders is the only candidate not falling apart on his own.   I wonder how much Hillary is paying Obama.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh come on, what's not to love about Kamala? <_<

Gee, maybe the campaign thing is a little harder when you aren't the hand-chosen candidate for a party with a guaranteed 70% of the vote.

I'm sure her sister has all the qualifications and experience required to be an effective campaign chair.  And I bet there isn't a shred of arrogance coming out of either of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Some good graphics on Dem fundraising here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/16/us/elections/democratic-q3-fundraising.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

The Burn Rate chart could also be titled "Candidates who will be shutting it down in the next 3 months"

Burn Rate
Amy Klobuchar
Senator from Minnesota
162.1%    

Tim Ryan
Congressman from Ohio
150.8%    

Beto O’Rourke
Former congressman from Texas
141.8%    

Kamala Harris
Senator from California
123.5%    

Cory Booker
Senator from New Jersey
118.1%    

Note: The burn rate shown is a candidate’s spending in the third quarter relative to individual contributions he or she received. Contribution refunds are excluded from the spending figures. The burn rate is greater than 100 percent if a candidate spent more than he or she raised. Candidates who are largely self-funding their campaigns are excluded.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Some good graphics on Dem fundraising here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/16/us/elections/democratic-q3-fundraising.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

The Burn Rate chart could also be titled "Candidates who will be shutting it down in the next 3 months"

Burn Rate
Amy Klobuchar
Senator from Minnesota
162.1%    

Tim Ryan
Congressman from Ohio
150.8%    

Beto O’Rourke
Former congressman from Texas
141.8%    

Kamala Harris
Senator from California
123.5%    

Cory Booker
Senator from New Jersey
118.1%    

Note: The burn rate shown is a candidate’s spending in the third quarter relative to individual contributions he or she received. Contribution refunds are excluded from the spending figures. The burn rate is greater than 100 percent if a candidate spent more than he or she raised. Candidates who are largely self-funding their campaigns are excluded.

Odd, i would have thought deficit spending a failed organization would attract Democrat voters

• Haha (+1) 3